X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound issue

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    Temporary link to a test kernel for those that want camera support

It is a 'T' override kernel clocked to 1.6 / 667 so may not be stable on some T kernels.

Test you cameras and let me know if any work.

Make / model / chipset would be useful
    Hello D33,

This kernel is almost perfect for my MK908ii with the 3188t chip. It sets the CPU at 1.6Ghz, and I have the best antutu score yet of 18000, far better than 16452 at stock.

The only issue is I don't have sound as there is just a constant clicking noise. You can hear music if I play it only in between the clicking for a fraction of a second.

Can you please help me fix the clicking and provide this kernel with the fix. I have also placed my DMESG log for your review.

Thank you so much, it's a major improvement just need one more thing - sound.
    Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Originally posted by vxxozxxv View Post
      Hello D33,

This kernel is almost perfect for my MK908ii with the 3188t chip. It sets the CPU at 1.6Ghz, and I have the best antutu score yet of 18000, far better than 16452 at stock.

The only issue is I don't have sound as there is just a constant clicking noise. You can hear music if I play it only in between the clicking for a fraction of a second.

Can you please help me fix the clicking and provide this kernel with the fix. I have also placed my DMESG log for your review.

Thank you so much, it's a major improvement just need one more thing - sound. [ATTACH]5722[/ATTACH]
      See above - V2 released. Please test
      Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
      Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
      Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
      Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
      CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
      Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
      RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

See above - V2 released. Please test
        I flashed your v2 ROM and tested. I still have the clicking / tapping sound and can't get it to stop even when I mute the audio? Strange. I don't have this from the kernels that were supplied with Finless 2.0 KK ROM, but they don't have any ability to get my 3188t chip to the 1.6Ghz. I'm looking to improve performance just a bit.

This kernel also is lower performance at only 1.42Ghz and a lower antutu scope of 16100. I'm looking to get the overclock set to 1.6Ghz as to improve performance, but not heat up. Also improvement to RAM and GPU speeds would be a plus.

Not sure how to fix the audio issue. I'm sure you can check out my past DMESG file to debug.

Thanks for the continued help on this.
        Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

It is somewhat daunting trying to sift through so many makes and models, and even SoC differences within a single product line. As such, it would be nice if the first post had a brief byline stating the difference between SoCs, wifi chips, etc. Something in the vein of "RK3188T runs at max 1.4Ghz, you can open the case or see what speeds remain after using a CPU OC kernel", for example.

For instance, I think my AP6210 (I know my stick to have this after checking the page I bought the stick from) is not a J22 one, but I am not sure, and don't know how to check for that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
            Still no wi-fi with these kernels: kernel_AP6210-J22_V2
            Test this one - if you get wifi I'll build the series

Donate to Finless

Comment

This kernel also is lower performance at only 1.42Ghz and a lower antutu scope of 16100. I'm looking to get the overclock set to 1.6Ghz as to improve performance, but not heat up. Also improvement to RAM and GPU speeds would be a plus.
              See post #2 to overclock

Donate to Finless

Comment

I flashed your v2 ROM and tested. I still have the clicking / tapping sound and can't get it to stop even when I mute the audio?
                Try these two

Donate to Finless

Comment

Test this one - if you get wifi I'll build the series
                  Wi-fi works. Well done.
                  BT is not working.
                  cx-919ii

Comment

See post #2 to overclock
                    I have been working all day on trying to figure out how to apply the overclockomatic pearl script to your kernel. I think the difficulty is I'm using windows. I have not been able to figure out how to get this as an executable file that I can run in command prompt. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Comment

I have been working all day on trying to figure out how to apply the overclockomatic pearl script to your kernel. I think the difficulty is I'm using windows. I have not been able to figure out how to get this as an executable file that I can run in command prompt. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
                      Check this tutorial out and u will do it for sure http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-dan-Vsync-Fix

It works 100%. I´ve done it also.

GL
                      cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by Max One View Post
                        Check this tutorial out and u will do it for sure http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-dan-Vsync-Fix

It works 100%. I´ve done it also.

GL
                        Thank you. Been looking for this all day. I will get working on this and testing the two kernels.

Comment

Got it!

Hello d33,

I tested both kernels. The first one still has the audio tick. I also noticed that the google search bar has the 'Say ok google' phrase on the far right. The second kernel does not have the audio tick and also does not have the google phrase. So I will stick with the second kernel. Next I will try to use overclockomatic to get me up to 1.6Ghz on my 3188t chip.

What is the difference between the two? What was the ultimate fix?

Thanks for the quick help with this.

Comment

Hello d33,

I tested both kernels. The first one still has the audio tick. I also noticed that the google search bar has the 'Say ok google' phrase on the far right. The second kernel does not have the audio tick and also does not have the google phrase. So I will stick with the second kernel. Next I will try to use overclockomatic to get me up to 1.6Ghz on my 3188t chip.

Thanks for the quick help with this.
                            I had the same problem and source of it was my hdmi switch - I connect to another hdmi port and audio back. Also You can try on another cable... or flash manufacturer rom and this will show that this problem is kernel related.

Comment

They work well but these kernels run quite hot.
                              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Hello d33,
                                The second one removed the RK10000 support needed by tv boxes but currently buggy

Rk1000 provides mic support hence the google now difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X