• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shomari
    replied
    Re: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by odrewjr View Post
    I have been in contact with NaGrace tonight and voiced my displeasure about this issue. I am waiting on a relpy. I will keep you posted. Lawton
    Thank you. It is your right as an end user to request the modified xbmc sources upon receipt of the firmware containing the offending software package.

I cannot post the firmware update here for us to proceed with that route, as they may then claim it was an unauthorized release. It is best to wait for it to arrive via official channels, where they then cannot deny the authenticity of their firmware package.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    Thank you, the firmware in question has a build date of 09/12. Concerning Nagrace, only firmwares with a build date of 09/12 and later have been found to contain the modified XBMC build.

Also, a new updated version of the modified XBMC build is pending release any day now. Unfortunately, the companies are refusing to release the source code for the modified XBMC, that's the purpose of me posting in all these threads trying to alert end users to assert their rights and request the source code.
    I have been in contact with NaGrace tonight and voiced my displeasure about this issue. I am waiting on a relpy. I will keep you posted. Lawton

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    My device was the first that NaGrace sent out. when the firmware was post on their Website I downloaded it that day. 6 weeks ago. I had no idea that a new firmware was available. I will check now ! Also , I will contact Tina and find out what's going on. I will post as soon as I find out more information. Thanks

Thank you, the firmware in question has a build date of 09/12. Concerning Nagrace, only firmwares with a build date of 09/12 and later have been found to contain the modified XBMC build.

Also, a new updated version of the modified XBMC build is pending release any day now. Unfortunately, the companies are refusing to release the source code for the modified XBMC, that's the purpose of me posting in all these threads trying to alert end users to assert their rights and request the source code.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    If you don't have the latest firmware, you will ask these questions and that's understandable.

Nagrace knows what they have in their possession and what they are distributing in their packaged firmwares. As I stated earlier, only firmwares from a certain date on contain the modified XBMC software. All the details are in the official XBMC forum thread. You may not have the offending Nagrace firmware, yet.

I'll reiterate, many users have yet to receive the latest Nagrace firmware containing the modified XBMC package, but it is only a matter of time. Bluetimes was simply the first company to both package it and confirm its existence, and I have written documentation to corroborate this fact.
    My device was the first that NaGrace sent out. when the firmware was post on their Website I downloaded it that day. 6 weeks ago. I had no idea that a new firmware was available. I will check now ! Also , I will contact Tina and find out what's going on. I will post as soon as I find out more information. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    I have read your post on xbmc.org and researched the Bluetimes xbmc apk. The app on Nagrace device is not the same as bluetimes. Are you saying that both Bluetimes and NaGrace are the same app. or is NaGrace app a different version that is illegal.
    If you don't have the latest firmware, you will ask these questions and that's understandable.

Nagrace knows what they have in their possession and what they are distributing in their packaged firmwares. As I stated earlier, only firmwares from a certain date on contain the modified XBMC software. All the details are in the official XBMC forum thread. You may not have the offending Nagrace firmware, yet.

I'll reiterate, many users have yet to receive the latest Nagrace firmware containing the modified XBMC package, but it is only a matter of time. Bluetimes was simply the first company to both package it and confirm its existence, and I have written documentation to corroborate this fact.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    I have personally confirmed its existence, and personally confirmed it is packaged with the latest Nagrace firmware.

Soon all users will be in possession of it once the latest firmwares proliferate. Nagrace is just one of many that are now illegally distributing this modded XBMC.
    I have read your post on xbmc.org and researched the Bluetimes xbmc apk. The app on Nagrace device is not the same as bluetimes. Are you saying that both Bluetimes and NaGrace are the same app. or is NaGrace app a different version that is illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Shomari , where did you get this information? The provided xbmc included in the firmware does not perform well. I have been in contact with Tina and the engeneers almost on a daily basic trying to find a version of xbmc or kodi to meet the needs of the consumer. The modified xbmc has never been mention to me and I'm very surprise.
    I have personally confirmed its existence, and personally confirmed it is packaged with the latest Nagrace firmware.

Soon all users will be in possession of it once the latest firmwares proliferate. Nagrace is just one of many that are now illegally distributing this modded XBMC.

EDIT: I've chronicled everything over at the official XBMC forums linked in this post. The official XBMC/Kodi Team is aware of the existence and illegal distribution of the modified XBMC.

Any users not yet in possession of the modded XBMC need only wait, as only firmwares from a certain date on have been confirmed to include the non-compliant XBMC distribution.

Leave a comment:

• odrewjr
    replied
    Nagrace has released firmware that includes an illegally distributed version of a modified XBMC source capable of hardware accelerated HEVC H.265 decoding, in violation of the GPL license agreement.

I have the firmware and confirmed the existence of the modified XBMC in the firmware package.

It's up to the Nagrace end users (customers) to now request that Nagrace release the source code for the modified XBMC software to make the modified XBMC distribution compliant with the GPL license agreement. I respectfully ask that any users reading this, having a Nagrace box with the modded XBMC package, request the source code for the modified XBMC.
    Shomari , where did you get this information? The provided xbmc included in the firmware does not perform well. I have been in contact with Tina and the engeneers almost on a daily basic trying to find a version of xbmc or kodi to meet the needs of the consumer. The modified xbmc has never been mention to me and I'm very surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Shomari
    replied
    Originally posted by uncleee View Post
    Hi Tina does box come with xbmc instaled
    Yes, xbmc is installed on the latest firmware upgrade.
    Nagrace has released firmware that includes an illegally distributed version of a modified XBMC source capable of hardware accelerated HEVC H.265 decoding, in violation of the GPL license agreement.

I have the firmware and confirmed the existence of the modified XBMC in the firmware package.

It's up to the Nagrace end users (customers) to now request that Nagrace release the source code for the modified XBMC software to make the modified XBMC distribution compliant with the GPL license agreement. I respectfully ask that any users reading this, having a Nagrace box with the modded XBMC package, request the source code for the modified XBMC.
    Last edited by Shomari; 09-18-2014, 02:50.

Leave a comment:

• rceccleston
    replied
    Charbax spots the HPH set-top box and FireFly at T-Chip.

Firefly RK3288 Development Board release:

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JugsteR
    replied
    Re: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
    ????
    That means good, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• gaetanolip
    replied
    R: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
    top man.... thanks
    ????

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    Originally posted by gaetanolip View Post
    It does not support 64 GB card because of file system format? Which is micro sdcard file system?have you tried to format with fat 32 or NTFS ( if the kernel dies noto support NTFS natively,install first paragon software from google play).
    top man.... thanks

Leave a comment:

• gaetanolip
    replied
    R: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by m1pnk View Post
    i got today... wont support 64gb sd card as i thought it would.... max 32gb..... top cover was flapping off in one corner.... felt like a test sample that had been through the testing phase with rough hands.... if it was in the uk i would have returned..... ill find a complement in a day or so.
    It does not support 64 GB card because of file system format? Which is micro sdcard file system?have you tried to format with fat 32 or NTFS ( if the kernel dies noto support NTFS natively,install first paragon software from google play).

Leave a comment:

• m1pnk
    replied
    no 64gb

i got today... wont support 64gb sd card as i thought it would.... max 32gb..... top cover was flapping off in one corner.... felt like a test sample that had been through the testing phase with rough hands.... if it was in the uk i would have returned..... ill find a complement in a day or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X