NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    temporary you can use the ddr720 kernel from 0.95. I'm working on the fix in kernel.

wasser
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by arhim View Post
      thanks
      Arhim, could you please try this new kernel, i even uploaded it.

Please let me know if it fix the crashes

thanks
      http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Arhim, could you please try this new kernel, i even uploaded it.

Please let me know if it fix the crashes

thanks
        bad kernel

- usb webcam hd 920 logitech make color stripes

- now i am watching youtube full hd

freaze and crashed on yotube

Comment

bad kernel

- usb webcam hd 920 logitech make color stripes

- now i am watching youtube full hd

freaze and crashed on yotube
          very shortly here I will be testing with this kernel as well.

But I'm retarded and a newb so how do we flash just the kernel with RKBatchTool? in meantime I'll search...
          Last edited by markwerline; 05-16-2014, 02:45.

Comment

1. it's needed for multiuser support.
            Ok, but shouldn't then
            • internal_sd be disabled altogether
            • the full 16GB be allocated to internal storage

It seems to me that otherwise the device is, in effect, reduced to a 6GB model.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Version 1.0.1

-----------------------------------------------------

crashed when i copied files from usb flash drive
              crashed when i reconnected usb webcam
              crashed when i turned on wifi first time with ethernet on
              crashed when i used skype first time
              crashed when i installed many apk files from internal sdcard

many random crashes

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Webcam Logitech c920 hd work EXELLENT with skype
              Sound settings saved after reboot

============================================

Thanks !!!
              Tried to reproduce. None of these are happening to me....101 is great for me

Comment

And now I can't flash back to 0.95 as my minix wont stay on long enough to stay connected and flash! has anyone ever run into this? Im lost will be picking this back up tomorrow hoping i didn't brick it.

Comment

I can confirm random shutdowns with 1.0.1 release.

Other bugs:

Sometime red frame appear in chrome, I guess that frame comes from non standart (?) scale settings page. Also my airmouse is detected as physical keyboard and I have to disable it after every reboot. But the release is just great! If wasser will fix these bugs it will be perfect firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                    Ok, but shouldn't then
                    • internal_sd be disabled altogether
                    • the full 16GB be allocated to internal storage

It seems to me that otherwise the device is, in effect, reduced to a 6GB model.
                    yes, i'm thinking about full 16GB be allocated to internal storage. I need to check if there's any sideeffect

Comment

Originally posted by markwerline View Post
                      And now I can't flash back to 0.95 as my minix wont stay on long enough to stay connected and flash! has anyone ever run into this? Im lost will be picking this back up tomorrow hoping i didn't brick it.
                      You have to hold the power button on your device during the flash process!

Comment

You have to hold the power button on your device during the flash process!
                        Odd I didn't have to earlier. Thanks its flashing now, going back to 0.95 until crashes are resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by lewys View Post
                          I can confirm random shutdowns with 1.0.1 release.

Other bugs:

Sometime red frame appear in chrome, I guess that frame comes from non standart (?) scale settings page. Also my airmouse is detected as physical keyboard and I have to disable it after every reboot. But the release is just great! If wasser will fix these bugs it will be perfect firmware.
                          1. the problem is that i cannot reproduce the random shutdown. I need a simple testcase to reproduce this issue. Could you please try to flash the kernel from 0.95 and see if the random crash is gone?

2. i already saw this reports about red frame, could you please give the link so i can see this issue.

thanks

Comment

1. the problem is that i cannot reproduce the random shutdown. I need a simple testcase to reproduce this issue. Could you please try to flash the kernel from 0.95 and see if the random crash is gone?

2. i already saw this reports about red frame, could you please give the link so i can see this issue.

thanks
                            I'm booting up now to 0.95 and will test and let you know if random crash is resolved. How can I perform or create this simple testcase in order to help? I have the next couple of days off work and can assist in testing or being a guinea pig.

Comment

thanks

1. I will try to flash the kernel later, but I used 0.95 before I flashed 1.0.1 and it was very stable.
                              2. I cannot give the link because it just sometimes appears for 0.5s (I saw it only in Chrome) and the frame looks just same as in screen scale settings.

What about Airmouse issue? It is very annoying to disable physical keyboard after every reboot. Is there some way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Just now MiniX crashed, I haven't touched anything, it was just on desktop without any activity.

Comment

Originally posted by lewys View Post
                                1. I will try to flash the kernel later, but I used 0.95 before I flashed 1.0.1 and it was very stable.
                                2. I cannot give the link because it just sometimes appears for 0.5s (I saw it only in Chrome) and the frame looks just same as in screen scale settings.

What about Airmouse issue? It is very annoying to disable physical keyboard after every reboot. Is there some way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Just now MiniX crashed, I haven't touched anything, it was just on desktop without any activity.

what is exactly problem with physical keyboard? could you please post more infos?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X