NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cantenna View Post
    So, long shot here.... Was stagefright patched in the lollipop update? Curious to know. Can someone scan and let me know?

Anyways, thanks for the update Wasser, you made this box awesome from day 1!
    Looks good, i noticed that it has a security patch level of 03/2016, which is more then fair enough i guess.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thinking of installing it, when upgrading from 3.0.6 to future 3.0.7 would my data be lost?

Thanks

Comment

It may be lost but you​ can do a titanium backup.

Comment

Originally posted by enboig View Post
          Thinking of installing it, when upgrading from 3.0.6 to future 3.0.7 would my data be lost?
          Yes, the batch installer will wipe everything (except stuff on an external SD). With "Titanium Backup" and "ROM Settings Backup" you can get most of your apps&settings transferred to the new ROM.

NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
          NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
          Buy me a beer?

Comment

Ah..but will there be a 3.07?

Hey Molle, if I flash the 1800 kernal do I lose any data? I'm using this ROM on a Ugoos UT2 and it's a little laggy and I'm thinking it might help.
            FLHT = Harley
            HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
            Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
              Hey Molle, if I flash the 1800 kernal do I lose any data?
              No, you won't ... provided that you follow the correct procedure.
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Hi I have install the 3.06 and works but now I have every few sec a screen flicker
                try to install the kernel-neox7-wasser-cpu1800-ddr800-gpu798-hdmi_flicker but I can"t load the file (load firmware failed ) white all kernel files am using RB batch 1.7 and 1.8
                Can anyone help me pls
                greeting

Comment

Originally posted by henk32211 View Post
                  Hi I have install the 3.06 and works but now I have every few sec a screen flicker
                  try to install the kernel-neox7-wasser-cpu1800-ddr800-gpu798-hdmi_flicker but I can"t load the file (load firmware failed ) white all kernel files am using RB batch 1.7 and 1.8
                  Can anyone help me pls
                  greeting
                  I use Windows 7 to do this. I don't know if Windows 10 can do it as I have never tried. So....

Download the finless ROM from HERE. Unzip it to a location of your choice. Delete the folders "Drivers" and "FinlessROM" you don't need them. Now you should have 6 items left in the "T428 4.4.2 Finless 2.0" folder.

Folder - Language
                  Folder - Log
                  File - config.cfg
                  File - config.ini
                  File - README FIRST.TXT
                  File - ROM_Flash_Tool_21.exe

You should have all the drivers installed on your PC so that when you connect your box the RKBatchTool.exe sees it. This is run just to confirm you have the drivers installed and they are working. You need to see that green box light up. If it does you're good to go with the ROM Flash Tool, so just close the tool if it identifies your device. If it doesn't you need to install the drivers and get them working so that it does.

Once you have it working open the ROM Flash Tool (I use ROM_Flash_Tool_21.exe).
                  You need to be on the "Download Image" tab.
                  Untick ALL the boxes.
                  Item #4 should be "KERNEL" at the end of that line (to the right of the path to the kernel) there is a blank box. Click inside it and load your desired kernel image using the pop up window.
                  Make sure after it loads it is correct and make sure the tick mark is showing.

At this point I don't know which of the 4 buttons to click Run, Switch, LowerFormat or Clear. *I* think it's Run but until someone who KNOWS (Molle maybe?) don't even think about doing anything because you might end up with a brick. We don't want that. So when someone with more knowledge than I comes along and gives us the answer I will edit this post and we'll move on. If I'm completely wrong I'll just edit this post and delete it all.
                  FLHT = Harley
                  Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by henk32211 View Post
                    I wouldn't. It's meant for the v2 series of Wasser ROMs (i.e. KitKat).
                    Buy me a beer?

Comment

I use Windows 7 to do this. I don't know if Windows 10 can do it as I have never tried. So....

Download the finless ROM from HERE. Unzip it to a location of your choice. Delete the folders "Drivers" and "FinlessROM" you don't need them. Now you should have 6 items left in the "T428 4.4.2 Finless 2.0" folder.

Folder - Language
                      Folder - Log
                      File - config.cfg
                      File - config.ini
                      File - README FIRST.TXT
                      File - ROM_Flash_Tool_21.exe

You should have all the drivers installed on your PC so that when you connect your box the RKBatchTool.exe sees it. This is run just to confirm you have the drivers installed and they are working. You need to see that green box light up. If it does you're good to go with the ROM Flash Tool, so just close the tool if it identifies your device. If it doesn't you need to install the drivers and get them working so that it does.

Once you have it working open the ROM Flash Tool (I use ROM_Flash_Tool_21.exe).
                      You need to be on the "Download Image" tab.
                      Untick ALL the boxes.
                      Item #4 should be "KERNEL" at the end of that line (to the right of the path to the kernel) there is a blank box. Click inside it and load your desired kernel image using the pop up window.
                      Make sure after it loads it is correct and make sure the tick mark is showing.

At this point I don't know which of the 4 buttons to click Run, Switch, LowerFormat or Clear. *I* think it's Run but until someone who KNOWS (Molle maybe?) don't even think about doing anything because you might end up with a brick. We don't want that. So when someone with more knowledge than I comes along and gives us the answer I will edit this post and we'll move on. If I'm completely wrong I'll just edit this post and delete it all.
                      Thx fore the support fore now and waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                        I wouldn't. It's meant for the v2 series of Wasser ROMs (i.e. KitKat).
                        Oke thx can you tell me which kernel I need and how to do it
                        and many thx fore the support
                        greetings

Comment

henk32211, I'm pretty much a n00b like you are but I believe the only kernel available from wasser for this ROM is THIS one and it might not help your flicker issue but might be worth a try.
                          FLHT = Harley
                          Cause I've been asked.

Comment

I believe the only kernel available from wasser for this ROM is THIS one and it might not help your flicker issue but might be worth a try.
                            I'm pretty sure the extra kernel only adds higher operating frequencies for the CPU, RAM and GPU. Most likely it won't help with any flickering issues. I have never experienced any, so YMMV.
                            Buy me a beer?

Comment

So Molle should I click the RUN button?

Also would henk32211 maybe fix his issue by starting all over and flashing the ROM again?
                              FLHT = Harley
                              Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the extra kernel only adds higher operating frequencies for the CPU, RAM and GPU. Most likely it won't help with any flickering issues. I have never experienced any, so YMMV.
                                thx Molle
                                1 I think I did something wrong the first time by flashing 3.05 it did"t work
                                2 power off and power on flash mode get green box try to get back to 240 minix firmware get pink box
                                3 power off power on flash mode get green box flash wasser 3.05 and it works no error
                                4 flash to 3.06 working no error but get screen flicker
                                the rest working well
                                I think I broke it????
                                BUT no less many thx from me with all support from all of you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X