• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macieks123 View Post

In release note of 3.0.1 it is stated:
    • add menu to root/unroot device
    Where it can be found, how to unroot?

In fact I'm looking for solution for showmax, Anyone knows another hack then just unroot?
    Have you tried Root Cloak?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post

Have you tried Root Cloak?
      rootcloak does not help.

Still looking for unrooting procedure.

Comment

i really admire this box finally get some love but its useless if sound not properly working .... anything to do with kodi has sound issues cuts in and out .... tried multiple builds of kodi and still same issue could u please fix or make a custom kodi that will work properly .... all i did was test kodi ... could be possible its happening in youtube etc ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post

This is an old device that nobody expected to receive an update from KitKat (Android v4.4) to Lollipop (5.1). Wasser has breathed new life into an old piece of hardware
          This rhetoric. what is "new" life, if it is on the old kitkat not worse lives. that is, I do not see any improvement until this life. Sorry

Comment

I've sold my soul and replaced my trusty old X7 with a brand new NVidia Shield. I'll still be here every now and then to help you guys, though.
            NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
            NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
              I've sold my soul and replaced my trusty old X7 with a brand new NVidia Shield. I'll still be here every now and then to help you guys, though.
              I use both

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                ... NVidia Shield. ...
                for that device look at plex.tv or look at my site:
                Da ich nun alle Voraussetzungen geschaffen habe, also sowohl Plex Media Server auf einem Windows-Gerät installiert, welches dafür ausreichend Kapazi...

Comment

Hello everybody!
                  Tell me, please, how to direct the sound to the 3(Device - USB-Audio - USB PnP Sound Device(C-Media Electronics Inc...))

PHP Code:
                  /system/xbincat /proc/asound/cards
                  [RK29RT5616     ]: RK29_RT5616 RK29_RT5616
                                        RK29_RT5616
                  [ROCKCHIPSPDIF  ]: ROCKCHIP-SPDIF ROCKCHIP-SPDIF
                                        ROCKCHIP
                  -SPDIF
                  [Device         ]: USB-Audio USB PnP Sound Device
                                        C
                  -Media Electronics IncUSB PnP Sound Device at usb-usb20_host-1.1full speed
                  [Device_1       ]: USB-Audio Wireless Audio HID Device
                                        NA Wireless Audio HID Device at usb
                  -usb20_host-1.4full speed 

Comment

Originally posted by gromila31 View Post

I still do not understand what a breakthrough). except for the name "lollipop"
                    What is wrong expressing gratitude and surprise, especially for a device whom its manufacturers did a worse job the this cooker right here, let alone that all expectations for the X7 have long been laid off. Kitkat was struggling with a lot of apps that i use, considering how good Lollipop is in this case...so yea, it is a breakthrough...from where we stand.

Don't lose precious time of yours and spare the internet a few bytes of traffic please, your comment was a lot less needed then my expression of happiness that i am getting a major version increment.

@ all root users having issues hiding root from apps, there are several Xposed Modules to hide SU, and many of them are good as they hide from "bank apps", which logically should use tighter security.

Comment

Thanks for this Firmware. Been using this player for a few years. Looks like another year of two of life for it.

Comment

Hi all,
                        So far the ROM is great, a few hangs that happen sporadically, but otherwise I really like the ROM.

I do have an issue with VPN connections with any VPN app that I have tried.4
                        It seems to make a connection at first, but there is actually no traffic passing through.
                        After some investigation looking at logcat, it seems that the tunnel cannot be established.
                        This gave me the hint that Tun.ko is not available in the ROM. I tried to use the Tun.ko installer from google play, but it doesn't find any compatible module for this kernel.

Can anyone provide any clues at how to get over this?
                        I can always put a snippet from logcat here, if anyone would want to look at it.

Cheers
                        Tiago

Comment

Originally posted by Yakov View Post
                          Hello everybody!
                          Tell me, please, how to direct the sound to the 3(Device - USB-Audio - USB PnP Sound Device(C-Media Electronics Inc...))
                          [/PHP]
                          It seems I have similar problem as well:

|root@rk3188:/ # cat /proc/asound/cards
                          0 [RK29RT5616 ]: RK29_RT5616 - RK29_RT5616
                          RK29_RT5616
                          1 [ROCKCHIPSPDIF ]: ROCKCHIP-SPDIF - ROCKCHIP-SPDIF
                          ROCKCHIP-SPDIF
                          3 [AirMouse ]: USB-Audio - SAGE AirMouse
                          SAGE Technology SAGE AirMouse at usb-usb20_host-1.3, full speed
                          4 [J20 ]: USB-Audio - JLsounds Hi-Rez Audio 2.0
                          XMOS JLsounds Hi-Rez Audio 2.0 at usb-usb20_host-1.2, high speed

root@rk3188:/ #

Not sure if you see your USB DAC in Sound Manager, but in my case (under 4), it doesn't show up as an option at all, hence, no USB audio.

Can someone help us with this issue, please?

Comment

So what about recovery for 5 on minix x7?

Comment

Originally posted by gromila31 View Post
                              So what about recovery for 5 on minix x7?
                              You could try petitioning abdul_pt in the TWRP support thread:

NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

I seem to have lost root somehow, anyone know what may cause that and how i get it back without reflashing? Was working fine a few days ago

Comment

Working...
                                X