NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

That looks like a failure from the Graphic Chip.
    Did you already try to reflash that Box?

Neomode

Comment

Somebody..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same on my Minix with Wasser's rom and also i couldn't connect to it with software remote apps like Cetusplay, RKremote, Yatse etc.
        Now i'm back to official 250 rom and all is functional as it should be. Maybe if there is a update of Wasser rom i will try again, but what i read there will no more updates ?

Comment

Originally posted by neomode
          Hello,

That looks like a failure from the Graphic Chip.
          Did you already try to reflash that Box?

Neomode
          I flashed already twice.

Comment

Thanks for the rom!

I just flashed v3.0.6 sucessfully. I have yet to flash the OC'ed kernel.

However, I couldn't get Airdroid on my pc to AirMirror to X7 despite giving permission in SuperSU. SuperSU flashed the message momentarily "Airdroid has been given supersu permissions: kill -15 6361" but on my pc, I could not connect and was asked to retry or try non-root mode (using usb).

I was able to AirMirror with the official 250 firmware previously and also currently to 2 other brand boxes.

Using root check, it showed it is rooted and SuperSU installed was v2.79.

Thinking there was something wrong with SuperSU and since current version on Play Store is v2.82, I updated it and Supersu prompted to update binary with either "Normal" or "TWRP/CWM" option. I chosed normal but it didn't work. Neither did TWRP/CWM option. It was only then I realised there was no custom recovery when I boot into recovery.

I reflashed v3.0.6 a second time but this time in SuperSU, I chosed "Clean Up. Reinstall. Cleanup for reinstallation from Google Play", rebooted and installed SuperSU v2.82 from Play Store and updated the binary successfully with the "Normal" option.

However, AirMirror remains a no go.

Questions:
            1) Am I right there is no custom recovery pre-installed in v3.0.6? Not even CWM which I read was available in earlier version? Should I need to install either TWRP or CWM?

2) As AirMirror requires root, could root has been lost despite root check app showing it is rooted?

3) Or is SuperSU the issue? If so, what alternative should I try?

4) What else could have gone wrong? What else should I check or try?

5) I have the boxes in different rooms so prefer to remote manage them via my pc. What other remote "desktop" app that you guys use and would recommend over Airdroid that could work with v3.0.6?

Thanks in advance!
            Last edited by Peter73; 10-14-2017, 13:25.

Comment

I get that even issue when in 1080p 60fps. Switching to 1080p 50fps fixed it

Originally posted by Cristi_xxz View Post
              Hey guys. Know someday what's causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter73 View Post
                Thanks for the rom!

I just flashed v3.0.6 sucessfully. I have yet to flash the OC'ed kernel.

However, I couldn't get Airdroid on my pc to AirMirror to X7 despite giving permission in SuperSU. SuperSU flashed the message momentarily "Airdroid has been given supersu permissions: kill -15 6361" but on my pc, I could not connect and was asked to retry or try non-root mode (using usb).

I was able to AirMirror with the official 250 firmware previously and also currently to 2 other brand boxes.

Using root check, it showed it is rooted and SuperSU installed was v2.79.

Thinking there was something wrong with SuperSU and since current version on Play Store is v2.82, I updated it and Supersu prompted to update binary with either "Normal" or "TWRP/CWM" option. I chosed normal but it didn't work. Neither did TWRP/CWM option. It was only then I realised there was no custom recovery when I boot into recovery.

I reflashed v3.0.6 a second time but this time in SuperSU, I chosed "Clean Up. Reinstall. Cleanup for reinstallation from Google Play", rebooted and installed SuperSU v2.82 from Play Store and updated the binary successfully with the "Normal" option.

However, AirMirror remains a no go.

Questions:
                1) Am I right there is no custom recovery pre-installed in v3.0.6? Not even CWM which I read was available in earlier version? Should I need to install either TWRP or CWM?

2) As AirMirror requires root, could root has been lost despite root check app showing it is rooted?

3) Or is SuperSU the issue? If so, what alternative should I try?

4) What else could have gone wrong? What else should I check or try?

5) I have the boxes in different rooms so prefer to remote manage them via my pc. What other remote "desktop" app that you guys use and would recommend over Airdroid that could work with v3.0.6?

Thanks in advance!
                No one else using Airdroid Airmirror or also having issues with apps requiring root but not working despite SuperSu giving it permission?

Comment

I have been using this for a few weeks and I am very happy with it, great effort.

The one thing which is annoying me is the Ethernet performance. When using it, it drops connection when I run a constant ping on it.

Sometimes the Ethernet icon on the top right of the screen disappears for a few seconds then reappears.

Wifi is much more stable so I am using that at the moment, but I would like to ask if anyone else is experiencing this and if there is a fix?

Thanks!

Adrian.

Comment

Originally posted by losdelrock View Post
                    The one thing which is annoying me is the Ethernet performance. When using it, it drops connection when I run a constant ping on it.
                    Are you connected through a router? Try assigning a static IP to the X7 on the router side and let X7 use DHCP.

I used this kind of connection almost exclusively with my X7 and never had any nw drop-outs, regardless of the fw I used.
                    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Just an update on this issue, I also had to untick 'auto adjust refresh rate' from settings > display. Then reboot

Originally posted by 2wheel View Post
                      I get that even issue when in 1080p 60fps. Switching to 1080p 50fps fixed it

Comment

I had version 3.03 on my X7, I tried to load 3.06, but it stalls out at 69%. I tried 3 times, and it always stops at 69%. I loaded up 3.05 ok, anyone else have issues trying to load 3.06?

Comment

Netflix working for me :-)

From a fresh wasser 3.0.6 rom ie no superSU (remove superSU from within app if you have it)

1 enable developer mode and turn off root access, reboot
                          2 download netflix 4.16.1 from e.g. Apkmirror
                          ​​​​​3 launch netflix, might error 0013 the first time, but then works 100%. A reboot after install and first launch also helps

Comment

Hi!

Will the next (Lollipop based?) wasser release support the RKremote app again?

Thx!

Comment

Netflix no longer working for me after a couple of weeks. Nothing changed, nothing updated, just started with error 0013 again. Back to square one

Originally posted by 2wheel View Post
                              Netflix working for me :-)

From a fresh wasser 3.0.6 rom ie no superSU (remove superSU from within app if you have it)

1 enable developer mode and turn off root access, reboot
                              2 download netflix 4.16.1 from e.g. Apkmirror
                              ​​​​​3 launch netflix, might error 0013 the first time, but then works 100%. A reboot after install and first launch also helps

Comment

As I think, this is a best firmware for Neo X7! It works quickly and stable. And no trash and advertising apps.
                                But spdif passthrough not work :-(

Comment

Working...
                                X