Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatos814 View Post
    Hello @wasser great job!
    Can you please give us 2 zip files for easy root/unroot this 5.1.1 version?
    thank you!
    I think it's already rooted since the very 1st release:

Version 3.0.0
    • firmware based on lollipop 5.1.1
    • support HDMI sound, SPDIF and HDMI Bitstream
    • ir-remote support
    • support ethernet
    • support wifi
    • support bluetooth
    • support LED
    • init.d support
    • unified single partition
    • sdcard support
    • webcam support
    • nfs filesystem support
    • ntfs filesystem support
    • exfat filesystem support
    • iso/udf filesystem support
    • xposed support
    • added hide/show navigation and statusbar
    • added poweroff button in navigation bar
    • added softreboot, reboot in recovery and bootloader
    • added "clear all recent apps" button
    • add support hdmi virtual switch
    • multiuser support
    • root device
    • A2 Airmouse support
    • hardware keyboard support
    • lock screen support
    • add latest google apps
    • added menu option for "Connect to PC"
    FLHT = Harley
    HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
    Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed this ROM on my Minix X7, and it seems to work fine. However, two things don't work and I was wondering if anyone could help me:

-I use a MeLe F10 airmouse that came shipped with my X7. Some buttons on this device do not work correctly on the Minix. To fix that, I usually put a . kl file in the /system/use/keylayout folder that fixes it. I then change permissions of the file and voila, it's done. I did the same on this ROM but to no avail.

-I installed Kodi and installed the SuperRepo inside Kodi. However, when I want to browse SuperRepo to install an add-on, I get an error message saying Kodi is unable to connect to repository. It's not an error with the repository, because it does work on my phone.

EDIT: I tried SPMC, but it has exactly the same problem. Installing SuperRepo is fine, browsing it just gives an error.

EDIT2: just to be sure, I did a clean install without the OC kernel, but that doesn't make any difference.

EDIT3: It seems to be a problem specifically with SuperRepo. Other repositories work fine, so there's a workaround. Still wondering why SuperRepo won't work, though.

Any thoughts? (Mainly about the F10 airmouse, since I found a workaround for the SuperRepo issue)
      Last edited by toeter80; 02-19-2017, 07:40.

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to flash this ROM (the version 3.0.6 and also 2.0.3) with Rockchip Batch Tool v1.8, and I'm always getting, in the end, this message: "Wait For MSC Fail".

Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/d37411065d72eef09236a129e52cbb01

Which tool have I to use to flash this ROM?

Thanks!

Comment

I used RKBatchTool 1.8 on a Windows 10 machine work no problems. Did you install the proper drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by toeter80 View Post
            I used RKBatchTool 1.8 on a Windows 10 machine work no problems. Did you install the proper drivers?
            Yeah probably something wrong with the drivers, I flashed it successfully from another PC.

To be honest the version 3.0.6 is working good but not stable enough. For example, I see recursion of the mouse on the screen when I want to change the Screen Scale, or when I type on keyboard - sometimes I see different colors on the screen. Probably gonna try 2.0.3.

Comment

I also have that message every time I install a new rom version. Not a problem at all, the x7 just power off instead of reboot after install ends, so just disconnect it from the pc after that message and power on the x7 an let it do the first boot that will take some time, just leave it for 5 or 10 min and you will see that everything it's working ok.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                Hi all, Lollipop wasser firmware version 3.0.6 rc6 is released. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.
                Enjoy and please don't forget to post feedbacks!

thanks
                Wasser
                Rock stable and smooth, none of the random reboots seen on 3.0.5 and no need for your modified kernel. Thanks Wasser!

Comment

3.06 test: almost everything is OK. Thanks, Wasser!!! but a black stripe at the top of the screen in the video playback. And, please, make rekavery for this firmware or recommend what works recovery can be put
                  Last edited by gromila31; 02-19-2017, 22:24.

Comment

Is it it kernel 720p or 1080p ?

Comment

Thanks for your work Wasser!
                      Installed firmware, everything works fine, but there is no sound in the sound card usb.
                      I change the settings in the Sound Device Manager, but the sound in any case there is in TV HDMI

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post

TWRP RK31 KitKat Landscape DATAMEDIA
                        not correct work. TWRP see external sd, but dont mount system, data, etc.
                        Last edited by gromila31; 02-19-2017, 22:22.

Comment

Has anyone tried customising the boot animation on this ROM? I tried using Boot Animation app (Play Store) but it soft bricked the device and I had to reflash the ROM and lost all my data.

Would still really like to apply an Android TV animation though so any advice is appreciated!

Comment

My minx froze tvice today,when I flashed provides carnel WiFi slowed to become unusable.

Comment

Hi All,

I downloaded and installed this ROM on my Minix X7, and it seems to work fine. However, two things don't work and I was wondering if anyone could help me:

-I use a MeLe F10 airmouse that came shipped with my X7. Some buttons on this device do not work correctly on the Minix. To fix that, I usually put a . kl file in the /system/use/keylayout folder that fixes it. I then change permissions of the file and voila, it's done. I did the same on this ROM but to no avail.

-I installed Kodi and installed the SuperRepo inside Kodi. However, when I want to browse SuperRepo to install an add-on, I get an error message saying Kodi is unable to connect to repository. It's not an error with the repository, because it does work on my phone.

EDIT: I tried SPMC, but it has exactly the same problem. Installing SuperRepo is fine, browsing it just gives an error.

EDIT2: just to be sure, I did a clean install without the OC kernel, but that doesn't make any difference.

EDIT3: It seems to be a problem specifically with SuperRepo. Other repositories work fine, so there's a workaround. Still wondering why SuperRepo won't work, though.

Any thoughts? (Mainly about the F10 airmouse, since I found a workaround for the SuperRepo issue)
                              Nobody here using an airmouse? I cannot seem to find any way to remap the buttons on the airmouse.. strangely, when I use an app called KeyTest to see what commands are given when I press a certain key, those commands seem to be right. However, the X7 doesn't give the proper response. For example, the Home button on the airmouse out of the box will only bring you to the beginning of a line. I reprogrammed it to bring me to the home screen, with the command MOVE_HOME. In KeyTest I can see that this command is actually given, however, I do not get to see the home screen. Very mysterious.

Comment

Nobody here using an airmouse? I cannot seem to find any way to remap the buttons on the airmouse.. strangely, when I use an app called KeyTest to see what commands are given when I press a certain key, those commands seem to be right. However, the X7 doesn't give the proper response. For example, the Home button on the airmouse out of the box will only bring you to the beginning of a line. I reprogrammed it to bring me to the home screen, with the command MOVE_HOME. In KeyTest I can see that this command is actually given, however, I do not get to see the home screen. Very mysterious.
                                I'm using the Minix A2 air mouse without any problems. Used an app in the past called Tincore Keymapper. Give it a go

Comment

Working...
                                X