No announcement yet.

NEW - Lollipop - wasser firmware 3.0.6 for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasser Hi, first thanks for this rom android 5.1!!!

I'm using version 3.0.6. The app RKRemoteControl not see Minix. I have spoken with some users and they said the same. Could you fix it? Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post
      I seem to have lost root somehow, anyone know what may cause that and how i get it back without reflashing? Was working fine a few days ago
      anyone have an idea how I can reroot this device? Spent so long setting everything up just how I want it, really dont want to have to reflash and start again but also really need root to function correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post

What is wrong expressing gratitude and surprise, especially for a device whom its manufacturers did a worse job the this cooker right here, let alone that all expectations for the X7 have long been laid off. Kitkat was struggling with a lot of apps that i use, considering how good Lollipop is in this case...so yea, it is a breakthrough...from where we stand.

Don't lose precious time of yours and spare the internet a few bytes of traffic please, your comment was a lot less needed then my expression of happiness that i am getting a major version increment.

@ all root users having issues hiding root from apps, there are several Xposed Modules to hide SU, and many of them are good as they hide from "bank apps", which logically should use tighter security.
        Of course, your comment here is the most precious

Comment

Originally posted by gromila31 View Post

I can't tell if you're actually being as rude as it seems or if it is only because your English is so bad, but you need to STFU. All you've done on this forum is ask for help on this ROM (which you've gotten) and then bad mouth people who compliment wassers work.

I don't know where you're from but that's considered bad manners anywhere I've ever been.

Comment

Please advise on how to flash the custom kernel .img ?? Clear details on this are nowhere to find ...

- use RK BatchTool ?
            - use Quickflasher apk ?
            - use Android Tool and select kernel only ?

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
              i really admire this box finally get some love but its useless if sound not properly working .... anything to do with kodi has sound issues cuts in and out .... tried multiple builds of kodi and still same issue could u please fix or make a custom kodi that will work properly .... all i did was test kodi ... could be possible its happening in youtube etc ....
              He minixfreak i know this version is not final and sound passtrough isnt working correctly but can you make a Android TV version from this rom?

Comment

I usually don't work on rockchip ... but I will look into it

Comment

Thx you are great

Comment

Originally posted by gromila31 View Post

So cute.

Anyways guys, what is the latest bootloader that we can load on olur device? just to make sure im not outdated or something.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometopoland View Post
                      Please advise on how to flash the custom kernel .img?
                      - use Android Tool and select kernel only ?
                      This method was the only one that worked for me with this ROM version.
                      NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
                      NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
                      Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post

So cute.

Anyways guys, what is the latest bootloader that we can load on olur device? just to make sure im not outdated or something.
                        latest bootloader? You mean firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
                          This method was the only one that worked for me with this ROM version.
                          it seems, both TWRP and Flashfire dont seem to do it either.

By any chance, does updating the Busybox bultin with the one in playstore mess things up?

EDIT:

So far, i've hit a few obstacles.

1. Wi-Fi Region Code change made the system unbootable, not sure why.
                          2. Kernel Adiutor, i did something at the end, after renaming the hostname, i think i viewed a tab, and it just snapped and never made it to boot again.
                          3. Whatever kernel tool, setting min freq to 1ghz does not stick, which i think is crucial for smoothness.

Updating Busybox for some reason ends up catastrophic too, and tbh i dont even know why i've updated it, just noticed quite an old release.
                          Updating to SuperSU-2.79-SR3 is not advised too.

Xposed installed fine from dvdandroid's installer.

EDIT2: Screenies

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-03-20-11-02-18.png Views:	3 Size:	170.5 KB ID:	637125Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2017-03-20-11-02-10.png Views:	2 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	637123Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22802.png Views:	1 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	637120Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22803.png Views:	1 Size:	58.8 KB ID:	637121Click image for larger version  Name:	image_22804.png Views:	1 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	637122
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pluto; 03-20-2017, 10:16.

Comment

Hi everyone and a big thanks to Wasser for his great rom.

I installed this rom yesterday and almost everything seems smooth and no major issues experienced so far. Anyway, one... two indeed are the bugs (issues) found:

1) the most annoying one: sound disappear while looking at a movie and, in the meantime, the info bar at the bottom of the screen start flashing as to alert you that something is going wrong. This issue can then be fixed by opening the audio menu while watching the movie and selecting or deselecting the "stereo upmix" item in it. Sound is then audible again and no more flashing of the bar at bottom!
                            2) when going back from movie library to home screen, all the system hangs. It does not respond to the remote control for a while, as if the system was busy. After about 20 seconds or more everything comes back as normal.
                            ​​​​​​
                            Is someone else experiencing the same issues?
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Anyone having issues with storage? I supposed minix neo 7 has Quad Core CPU / 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM).. After I installed 3.06 the system only shows I have approx 6GB and there is no "sdcard" 

Comment

It seems, and i am not sure if it is behaving like this after i set minimum freq to 1ghz, but the Overclock does not seem to work as it should i guess.

It rarely hits 1.5/1.6ghz, 1.8ghz is not even on the list.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X