Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    I don't recall seeing a quickflash for any usb issue and when I search on just "usb" to look for one.. it's too short of a search term. If the zip file you are talking about is not made specifically for being used with quickflash... that would explain why it didn't work.
    Hi,

sorry for that, the "USB" Quickflash is for the X7-mini to be found here:

Problem remains

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention "Quickflash" reports at the end of flashing "Boot successfully flashed" (as mentioned NOT working)

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
      Hi,

sorry for that, the "USB" Quickflash is for the X7-mini to be found here:

Problem remains

That could explain it since this isn't the x7 mini thread so what applies to the mini probably doesn't apply to the full x7

Comment

That could explain it since this isn't the x7 mini thread so what applies to the mini probably doesn't apply to the full x7
        Hi,

I know that it is in the wrong thread anyhow a tool to measure the DDR speed would be independent
        fom talking about X7 or X7-mini

EDIT: I don't want to capture/spoil this thread. Seems that there is no tool.
        Fini

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
          Hi,

I know that it is in the wrong thread anyhow a tool to measure the DDR speed would be independent
          fom talking about X7 or X7-mini

EDIT: I don't want to capture/spoil this thread. Seems that there is no tool.
          Fini
          You statement about there being "no tool" is premature and not based on anything except my own ( and one other posts ) limited information... I had already stated I didn't have a good list of these utils. I do know that CPUz ( as will noFrillsCPU ) will provide the CPU speed info, Antutu gives the top CPU speed as well as RAM speed... so just because no-one had mentioned something for the GPU speed itself ( beyond the benchmarks ) doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

I suspect that at this point... you have done no research at all yourself other than to ask others... and still you've made sweeping statements which are unfounded.

Comment

I use trickster for most of my info.
            To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

You statement about there being "no tool" is premature ...

I suspect that at this point... you have done no research at all yourself other than to ask others... and still you've made sweeping statements which are unfounded.
              Hi,

to point 1: you should not misquote: I wrote "it seems"

to point 2: No comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                Hi,

thanks for your usefull help.
                Will have a look.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                  I'd suspect that if the device is rooted and if we'd run dmesg right upon boot up... we'd see a lot more of the kernel related and technical info. I guess I need ( at some point ) to go over to the dev sights and look through what they use for tech info on some of their work... I probably will at some point IF I choose to get into diagnostics/repairs on Androids like I've been doing with PC's

Comment

is there anyone who can explain what's happening here with plain words? i don't understand what's this about.
                    sorry but my English is not that good
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                      is there anyone who can explain what's happening here with plain words? i don't understand what's this about.
                      sorry but my English is not that good
                      It started out as a talk about what utilities could show what the CPU, GPU and DDR clock speeds actually are set at so a user could verify that a kernel flash actually got applied

Comment

I've flashed v2 Rom. But my usb storage don't mount automatically while device booting. its formatted with ext4 fs.
                        I can mount it manual, and it mount without error.

logs:
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (null -> unmounted)
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK1 (null -> removed)
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK2 (null -> removed)
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK3 (null -> removed)
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK4 (null -> removed)
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK5 (null -> removed)
                        W/WiredAccessoryManager( 376): This kernel does not have usb audio support
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (unmounted -> checking)
                        D/MountService( 376): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECKING dat=file:///mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}
                        W/Vold ( 97): mountVol mDiskVolumelNum =/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0
                        D/Vold ( 97): FilePathName:/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/udisk0 szType=ext4
                        D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (checking -> unmounted)
                        D/MountService( 376): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTED dat=file:///mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

It started out as a talk about what utilities could show what the CPU, GPU and DDR clock speeds actually are set at so a user could verify that a kernel flash actually got applied
                          it's applied if quickflasher says it's ok. then, after rebooting, you can use "no frills" or "setcpu" to see the cpu speeds. For the ddr and GPU the only way i know is by using dmesg. if anyone knows some app that provides all this info in a nice and easy way then please share it
                          There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by welder_pb View Post
                            I've flashed v2 Rom. But my usb storage don't mount automatically while device booting. its formatted with ext4 fs.
                            I can mount it manual, and it mount without error.

logs:
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (null -> unmounted)
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK1 (null -> removed)
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK2 (null -> removed)
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK3 (null -> removed)
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK4 (null -> removed)
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK5 (null -> removed)
                            W/WiredAccessoryManager( 376): This kernel does not have usb audio support
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (unmounted -> checking)
                            D/MountService( 376): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECKING dat=file:///mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}
                            W/Vold ( 97): mountVol mDiskVolumelNum =/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0
                            D/Vold ( 97): FilePathName:/mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0/udisk0 szType=ext4
                            D/MountService( 376): volume state changed for /mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (checking -> unmounted)
                            D/MountService( 376): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTED dat=file:///mnt/usb_storage/USB_DISK0 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}
                            as a workaround you can set script on init.d with a sleep command at first to ensure it's mounted when the system it's ready.

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                              as a workaround you can set script on init.d with a sleep command at first to ensure it's mounted when the system it's ready.
                              you mean mount with mount command from init.d script?

Comment

Originally posted by welder_pb View Post
                                you mean mount with mount command from init.d script?
                                yes, from what I understand you have a usb drive attached permanently, so, it can be possible to mount it via init.d script.

Comment

Working...
                                X