No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just finished to read the whole thread, thank for your advice leolas, will give it a try tonight.

btw thanks again to the whole team for this rom and to all other rom's cooker ^^
    Last edited by rouletabille; 02-25-2014, 11:36.

Comment

First of all, this is a great ROM, everything works fine, I just have one issue with XBMC movie playback.

I play videos from my external USB drive (WD elements) and they don't run smooth enough - even SD x264 mp4. They stutter approximately every 10 seconds. It's not like the whole picture freezes, but especialy when the camera moves you can see stuttering and it's very annoying. It kinda ruins the whole movie experience.

Do you think that this is because of a external usb drive? When I stream videos with add-ons (1chanel etc.) everything is runing smooth.

Regards,
      Rok

Comment

Originally posted by gdroos View Post
        sorry for the noob question but In beyondxbmc, I only have the options digital and analog. Which should I use?
        I suspect you missed something or maybe changed settings in the wrong order.... or perhaps you have an earlier version of Beyond XBMC ( latest is now beta v3.3 )

First change the Android settings as mentioned. Then go into XBMC to change the settings... On my Neo x7 ( not the mini ) I followed the steps leolas mentioned and I do have the optical/coax option in Beyond XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by dakirba View Post
          First of all, this is a great ROM, everything works fine, I just have one issue with XBMC movie playback.

I play videos from my external USB drive (WD elements) and they don't run smooth enough - even SD x264 mp4. They stutter approximately every 10 seconds. It's not like the whole picture freezes, but especialy when the camera moves you can see stuttering and it's very annoying. It kinda ruins the whole movie experience.

Do you think that this is because of a external usb drive? When I stream videos with add-ons (1chanel etc.) everything is runing smooth.

Regards,
          Rok
          I have only two suggestions which depends on what is causing it on yours and one additional comment...

The first... Don't use a SD movie to test with... Sounds strange I know. Certain versions of XBMC has issues with certain SD types of video. On Flumpster's Beyond XBMC, he reverted to another version in his builds because of this issue in order to help with this issue ( that is a XBMC related and not ROM related issue ). If the issue is caused by the version of XBMC you are using... changing to a different HD format should help.

Another issue is called "judder" ( not stutter ) that you will see on videos typically when the shot is panning and has a lot of other similar movement. Usually the subject that is relatively stationary in the shot doesn't judder while the area that has the movement does. This is caused by the way the video is shot when they use 24 frames a second to simulate film shoots using digital. If this is what you are seeing... go into the Android settings under screen... and in the hdmi mode select 1920x1080p-60 instead of the -24 mode. This will help by interpolating additional frames to help smooth out the issue. It can't completely eliminate it but it does help a lot.

Finally the comment/suggestion... When asking about technical issues, details are very important. You mentioned the issue you see is in XBMC but you failed to mention WHICH XBMC you are seeing it in. An issue you see in Minix XBMC may not exist in another one such as Beyond XBMC.... failing to provide that info will/can result in others that are trying to help you... make an assumption that may not apply to your exact situation and give you incorrect suggestions based on that. By providing too little specific information... you make both you and the person trying to help work more.

Comment

Thanks for the effort.

I agree, I didn't provide all the information, sorry for that.

I'm using this version of XBMC: XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed (no launcher version).

Is it possible to instal some other version on quickshot custom rom, or does it have to be the one made for this rom?

I already have 1920x1080p-60 selected.
            I don't know, it's strange. When I try the same movie on my laptop, it's working fine. I also tried 720p mkv file, and it has the same problem. The picture movement is far from smooth.
            I know this can't be normal ''behaviour'', especialy since the streaming videos from addons work fine.
            I will try to put the movie on sd card in the device. I suspect it has something to do with the external usb hard disk.
            Is it important on which usb port I connect the usb hdd?

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Thanks for the effort.

I agree, I didn't provide all the information, sorry for that.

I'm using this version of XBMC: XBMC updated to 12.4.0 & fixed (no launcher version).

Is it possible to instal some other version on quickshot custom rom, or does it have to be the one made for this rom?

I already have 1920x1080p-60 selected.
              I don't know, it's strange. When I try the same movie on my laptop, it's working fine. I also tried 720p mkv file, and it has the same problem. The picture movement is far from smooth.
              I know this can't be normal ''behaviour'', especialy since the streaming videos from addons work fine.
              I will try to put the movie on sd card in the device. I suspect it has something to do with the external usb hard disk.
              Is it important on which usb port I connect the usb hdd?
              We recommend beyond xbmc 3.3 from flumpster, he did a great work with it. And works really well in every Rom I tested.

About your hd, is your hd powered by a external psu, or directly powered by the usb port? I suggest to use external hd powered with his own psu or use a powered usb hub to connect the hd.
              And try other usb cable, it can help too.

leolas.
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hey leolas,

my usb disk is powerd directly by the usb port. I'll try putting the same video directly on the Minix internal SD card or maybe try with some other external hdd with it's own PSU.

Does the Beyond XBMC 3.3 from flumpster supports 5.1 dolby digital sound via optical cable? Are there any special recommendations for video settings? Which render to use etc.?

And another question - is there anyway I can get 5.1 sound on any other video player in this rom?

Comment

Hey leolas,

my usb disk is powerd directly by the usb port. I'll try putting the same video directly on the Minix internal SD card or maybe try with some other external hdd with it's own PSU.

Does the Beyond XBMC 3.3 from flumpster supports 5.1 dolby digital sound via optical cable? Are there any special recommendations for video settings? Which render to use etc.?

And another question - is there anyway I can get 5.1 sound on any other video player in this rom?
                  Please test it with scard or another hd and tell us, I have this setup and is working great in all my mkv files.
                  And yes, it is suported DD and DTS 5.1 output using optical spdif passthough output is tested and used by me , some other people tested hdmi passthough output too (I cand test it because I dont have this option in my reciever.
                  In mxplayer you got DD 5.1 output too (not DTS with the free version I think).

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Youtube

Hi all, My X7 is on it's way so I thought I'd download a ROM in preparation for it. Just seen this video:

Great price on the Minix X7 here http://amzn.to/1gjjtRTFor and even better price check out the Minix X7 Mini http://amzn.to/1eFUGdaThe mini as a Quickshot R...

Just wanted to confirm if this is the ROM that is used.

Comment

Originally posted by satrich View Post
                      Well what are you trying to do?

Paasthrough by HDMI?

Its kind of tricky. In Android settings set the sound device to the last option. But every reboot it is losing the sound. So after every reboot you have to switch the sound device from Rockchip to the last option. There after it works. It is just when I reboot, not when coming out of sleep-mode.

And what do you think about the XBMC setting? This is digital yes. So set it to digital. And audio device to blabla (PT)..

By the way, I am looking for a script that just switch the sound device setting back and forth from Rockchip to the last passthrough option. Is there a scripting guru who knows how to do that?

I have the exact same problem, only it happens sometimes even when it goes out of sleeping mode. I have to go to sound options, set it to something else, and set it back to the last option (HDMI Passthrough), and then it's fine. Is anybody else, aside from us, experiencing that? I wonder if I have to re-flash.
                      Another problem I have is that, when I turn my devices on, the display does not come back right away. I have the minix running all the time, It is connected to an Onkyo receiver, and the display is an acer projector. Every day, when I want to watch, I turn everything on, and the projector has no display, so I have to press the sleep button on the minix remote, then press it again, and then it's fine. I don't think it's going into sleep mode (until I press the button the first time), so, when I press the first time, it goes to sleep, then I press it the second time and I force it to come out of sleep, that's when the screen shows up. I have the setting in the minix the stay awake all the time. Does anybody have any idea, why can this be happening?
                      I saw in the original Quickshot ROM thread, on the configuration recomendations part, they mentioned something about an "Active Display" option in the settings, but I dont see that anywhere in this ROM, did that go away, or was it just replaced by the Stay awake option?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        Try to open adware app, deactivate it and try to run the program again.

leolas.
                        Tested with adware uninstalled no change, i tried with overlay installed my tv apk is working well.

Comment

Sorry, I realise that i was unclear. I have connected an optical cable and am using the latest beyond xbmc launcher version. The avr is from onkyo.

Originally posted by satrich View Post
                          Well what are you trying to do?

Paasthrough by HDMI?

Its kind of tricky. In Android settings set the sound device to the last option. But every reboot it is losing the sound. So after every reboot you have to switch the sound device from Rockchip to the last option. There after it works. It is just when I reboot, not when coming out of sleep-mode.

And what do you think about the XBMC setting? This is digital yes. So set it to digital. And audio device to blabla (PT)..

By the way, I am looking for a script that just switch the sound device setting back and forth from Rockchip to the last passthrough option. Is there a scripting guru who knows how to do that?

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by Ponchomoran View Post
                            I have the exact same problem, only it happens sometimes even when it goes out of sleeping mode. I have to go to sound options, set it to something else, and set it back to the last option (HDMI Passthrough), and then it's fine. Is anybody else, aside from us, experiencing that? I wonder if I have to re-flash.
                            Another problem I have is that, when I turn my devices on, the display does not come back right away. I have the minix running all the time, It is connected to an Onkyo receiver, and the display is an acer projector. Every day, when I want to watch, I turn everything on, and the projector has no display, so I have to press the sleep button on the minix remote, then press it again, and then it's fine. I don't think it's going into sleep mode (until I press the button the first time), so, when I press the first time, it goes to sleep, then I press it the second time and I force it to come out of sleep, that's when the screen shows up. I have the setting in the minix the stay awake all the time. Does anybody have any idea, why can this be happening?
                            I saw in the original Quickshot ROM thread, on the configuration recomendations part, they mentioned something about an "Active Display" option in the settings, but I dont see that anywhere in this ROM, did that go away, or was it just replaced by the Stay awake option?
                            Thanks
                            Sorry it was a bad translation, yes the option is stay awake.

Originally posted by rouletabille View Post
                            Tested with adware uninstalled no change, i tried with overlay installed my tv apk is working well.
                            Good!, thanks for share it, threre is some apps that are fixed without adware and some enabling overlay.

Originally posted by gdroos View Post
                            Sorry, I realise that i was unclear. I have connected an optical cable and am using the latest beyond xbmc launcher version. The avr is from onkyo.
                            In android settings you need to select spdif passthough, in xbmc you need to set the configuration I posted in this thread.

leolas.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              Please test it with scard or another hd and tell us, I have this setup and is working great in all my mkv files.
                              And yes, it is suported DD and DTS 5.1 output using optical spdif passthough output is tested and used by me , some other people tested hdmi passthough output too (I cand test it because I dont have this option in my reciever.
                              In mxplayer you got DD 5.1 output too (not DTS with the free version I think).

leolas
                              Hey guys, i have tested everything and no luck. Xbmc from quickshot doesn't play well, unfortunately beyond xbmc and even mxplayer and vlc player doesn't play smooth aswell. I copied the files to sd card on the device to, and still no progress. And this applies to diferent formats - standard xvid, 720p mkv, 1080p mkv, x264 mp4...I'm starting to asume the problem is in rom or maybe in hardware? Is it possible that I didn't flash the rom right? But I doubt that - I don't think it's possible that the rom is working half way - either it's working or not, am I right?
                              There is two things though, I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. First thing is, that the sound of the keyboard doesn't work, even though I have checked the box in settings, or sometimes it works for couple of seconds, and then stops working, and the second one is, that even the mouse stutters in both xbmc's, sometimes even in home screen outside the xbmc. Do these problems point on rom not working well?
                              I'm thinking through the possible fixes, and one that came to my mind is, what if there is the issue with the hdmi cable provided with the device? Maybe if I buy a new, better, more expensive hdmi cable, that would solve my problems? I can't see any other reason, why the videos are working fine for everyone on this rom, except for me. Even on youtube some guy was telling about how this rom is the best for video playback, that everything runs smooth.
                              Oh, and another information - i tried to connect the same usb hdd, with the same movies directly to usb port on my tv, and movies was running smooth like a butter.

Please help me, i bought minix x7 so I could have the best experience with xbmc and everything that comes whit it, but now I'm really dissapointed

Comment

I forgot to mention, that I have a kernel with overclocked ddr to 720. I picked it up in this thread.
                                But I don't know if this could be the issue...

Comment

Working...
                                X