Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
    This ROM is for the NEO x7... if you have a NEO x7 mini... you need the other ROM they have listed.
    No sir it is minix neo x7 the one with antena

Comment

Originally posted by jaimegots21 View Post
      No sir it is minix neo x7 the one with antena
      The only people that have mentioned anything like what you did... flashed the wrong ROM... that is all I can say other than this works just fine on my NEO x7

So I'd suggest you verify you got the right download first... and even if you did.. redownload it and reflash.

So either it's the wrong ROM or a bad flash

Comment

The only people that have mentioned anything like what you did... flashed the wrong ROM... that is all I can say other than this works just fine on my NEO x7

So I'd suggest you verify you got the right download first... and even if you did.. redownload it and reflash.

I am now redownloading thank you sir for the info

Comment

Remote controller cannot pair
          Hi guys,

Realised I posted the below in the worng thread. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the great ROM! It works well less one portion for me. While the stock remote works, there is no pointer on the screen and I have to scroll using the d-pad. Basically, it means I have no mouse function working at all.

I tried to pair with the RII K25 Airmouse, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance!

Comment

I have had a sort of the same situation. Only with ethernet.
            WIFI is fine but ethernet logo was white a did not obtain an IP Adresse. At first ethernet worked. But after a reboot it didn't.
            Did some searching and followed tips of reboot without cable etc. But didn't help.

It was the same kernel he used.

I reflashed it by CWM and have the 1800 720 DDR kernel installed.

Now it works fine.... For now, keep fingers crossed.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I ordered my Minix Neo X7 yesterday, and while waiting it to arrive I started browsing various forums looking for more information about this product.

As it turns out, the official firmware seems to have some annoying problems, ugly launcher, SD-youtube, some glitchiness in XBMC HD playback.

I found this topic and Quickshot V2 looks very appealing to me.

I have literally zero expirience with rooting, flashing, kernels, overclocking etc. of android devices and the whole "world" around these things seems a bit confusing and hard to understand to me.

However looking at the second post in this thread by Daemonium there's "How to intall" guide... and that doesn't really sound too hard to do. Is it really all that simple?

Updating from vanilla minix neo x7 with whatever firmware it's shipped with to -> Quickshot V2.

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by anttielei View Post
                Hello everyone!

I ordered my Minix Neo X7 yesterday, and while waiting it to arrive I started browsing various forums looking for more information about this product.

As it turns out, the official firmware seems to have some annoying problems, ugly launcher, SD-youtube, some glitchiness in XBMC HD playback.

I found this topic and Quickshot V2 looks very appealing to me.

I have literally zero expirience with rooting, flashing, kernels, overclocking etc. of android devices and the whole "world" around these things seems a bit confusing and hard to understand to me.

However looking at the second post in this thread by Daemonium there's "How to intall" guide... and that doesn't really sound too hard to do. Is it really all that simple?

Updating from vanilla minix neo x7 with whatever firmware it's shipped with to -> Quickshot V2.
                yes, it's really simple, unless you are using Windows 8/8.1, if you do, well.. better find a win xp computer..
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

@anttielei

Just do it!!

Community is helpful enough to guide you. And a lot is discussed on other threads. Enough sources.

When you follow the tutorial on post 2 you will be fine. It's not that hard indeed.

Only minor problems are on the Rockchip drivers when you have windows 8 and a machine with only usb 3.0 ports.
                  But that's solvable in other threads.

Comment

Fair enough. I'll try out how the official firmware performs, if I'm not happy with it I'll install this. My desktop does indeed have Win8.1 but my old htpc still runs on Win7, so i'll do the updating with that instead.

Quickshot V2 with DDR oc 720 + Xbmc beyond 3.3 seems to be a great combination according to user posts, even for everyday use.

Comment

NULL input method doesn't work

NULL INPUT METHOD, a very useful application that prevents Google Keyboard to be displayed if you're using external keyboard. By default, I advise you to install any of these two.
                      Although I have set my input to NULL input method, the standard screen keyboard keeps popping up. I am using the A2 airmouse, and this setting should be very useful to me.

Can somebody explain how to set it up? Obviously I am missing something....

Comment

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by satrich View Post
                        Although I have set my input to NULL input method, the standard screen keyboard keeps popping up. I am using the A2 airmouse, and this setting should be very useful to me.

Can somebody explain how to set it up? Obviously I am missing something....
                        Set null input like your default keyboard.

leolas.
                        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                        My devices:
                        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                        Gearbest.com)
                        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by djla View Post
                          Hi guys,

Realised I posted the below in the worng thread. Can anyone help?

Thanks for the great ROM! It works well less one portion for me. While the stock remote works, there is no pointer on the screen and I have to scroll using the d-pad. Basically, it means I have no mouse function working at all.

I tried to pair with the RII K25 Airmouse, but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance!
                          The RII K25 Airmouse is not a bluetooth kb/mouse so you don't pair it... it uses a USB 2.4Ghz wireless receiver that comes with it when new... plug it's receiver into a USB port and it should work without additional steps.

Comment

The RII K25 Airmouse is not a bluetooth kb/mouse so you don't pair it... it uses a USB 2.4Ghz wireless receiver that comes with it when new... plug it's receiver into a USB port and it should work without additional steps.
                            Thanks for the answer! Really appreciate it. Tried all the USB ports but still the controller doesn't work. The problem also is that with the normal controller that comes with the X7, there is no pointer on the screen which leads me to think that the airmouse function doesn't work at all...

Hope that there is a solution for this, or should I just reinstall Quickshot?

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                              Set null input like your default keyboard.

leolas.

For ps3 joystick users sixaxis app as default input. Or just freeze it from settings, then no apps needed.

Comment

Originally posted by djla View Post
                                Thanks for the answer! Really appreciate it. Tried all the USB ports but still the controller doesn't work. The problem also is that with the normal controller that comes with the X7, there is no pointer on the screen which leads me to think that the airmouse function doesn't work at all...

Hope that there is a solution for this, or should I just reinstall Quickshot?
                                The controller that comes with the Neo isn't a mouse type... so it is operating as expected.

The Rii K25 should work as long as nothing is broken and you are using the proper receiver that came with it. You can use a Windows PC to test it if you wish to see if the receiver or air mouse is working or not ... if it works there, that indicates you may have a problem on the NEO's USB ports. Also... remember to turn on the Rii ... if you haven't already.

Reflashing may help but only if the original file you flashed was corrupted or did not flash properly... If it is bad hardware, nothing you do will help.

Comment

Working...
                                X