• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minix Neo X7-mini Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
    Just bought a beer for you

rgds
    Thank you!
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Isn't a temp solution to getting the front USB port working is to deselect "connect to PC" in the USB settings menu? Works for me (or at least for plugging in a USB thumb drive formatted NTFS which Paragon mounts automatically). BTW, great work Team Nitro. Everything is working pretty smoothly. Now if someone could just fix the small micro stutters in the video playback in 1080p and 720p. They are bearable but takes away a bit from the movie viewing experience. Never had this problem with my Himedia 900B (realtek 1186) which was great for video playback but not as flexible as these new android TV sticks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pakman View Post
        Isn't a temp solution to getting the front USB port working is to deselect "connect to PC" in the USB settings menu? Works for me (or at least for plugging in a USB thumb drive formatted NTFS which Paragon mounts automatically). BTW, great work Team Nitro. Everything is working pretty smoothly. Now if someone could just fix the small micro stutters in the video playback in 1080p and 720p. They are bearable but takes away a bit from the movie viewing experience. Never had this problem with my Himedia 900B (realtek 1186) which was great for video playback but not as flexible as these new android TV sticks.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
        Thanks a ton, i've missed that and I was thinking it's something weird i did with the oc kernels.
        I will disable this on boot and see what happens.

For the video issue, can you elaborate on this? are you playing from wifi, eth, sdcard....?
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
          Thanks a ton, i've missed that and I was thinking it's something weird i did with the oc kernels.
          I will disable this on boot and see what happens.

For the video issue, can you elaborate on this? are you playing from wifi, eth, sdcard....?
          For the USD port solution, I should give credit to whoever pointed that out in the Quickshot v2 ROM for the standard X7 (non-mini) thread.

For the video problem, I don't think it's your rom but just what seems to be a general issue with these RK3188. I'm playing movies (downloaded 1080p and 720p mkv files) via USB exernal HDD. It could also be XMBC problem but I thought I saw the same problem playing via MX player. I also see it more pronounced when I am streaming American football games via the NFL Gamepass app (LAN connection, not wifi) but I just assumed this was maybe a data streaming issue (but I should point out I don't get this problem streaming NFL Gamepass via my PC or iPad). It's almost a micro stutter/ skip in the video - it is more pronounced when the camera is panning across a scene (for instance when they pan across the earth in the movie Gravity). It's not 100% smooth. Maybe just one quick stutter here or there, but you will notice it. If i have time, I might try testing by moving a file over the SD card to see if it's an issue with my external HDD (WD MyBook). BTW, I am using the OC'ed kernels. Again, I don't think it's unique to your ROM as I see others still complaining about this even with the latest updates to the stock Minix rom's and XBMC.

Comment

For the USD port solution, I should give credit to whoever pointed that out in the Quickshot v2 ROM for the standard X7 (non-mini) thread.

For the video problem, I don't think it's your rom but just what seems to be a general issue with these RK3188. I'm playing movies (downloaded 1080p and 720p mkv files) via USB exernal HDD. It could also be XMBC problem but I thought I saw the same problem playing via MX player. I also see it more pronounced when I am streaming American football games via the NFL Gamepass app (LAN connection, not wifi) but I just assumed this was maybe a data streaming issue (but I should point out I don't get this problem streaming NFL Gamepass via my PC or iPad). It's almost a micro stutter/ skip in the video - it is more pronounced when the camera is panning across a scene (for instance when they pan across the earth in the movie Gravity). It's not 100% smooth. Maybe just one quick stutter here or there, but you will notice it. If i have time, I might try testing by moving a file over the SD card to see if it's an issue with my external HDD (WD MyBook). BTW, I am using the OC'ed kernels. Again, I don't think it's unique to your ROM as I see others still complaining about this even with the latest updates to the stock Minix rom's and XBMC.
            Thanks for the fix, now we know what is the usb problem, is hard to port a Rom without the device because we cant test it properly, the problem with the usb port is that we forced the usb mode in boot. So thanks to you ee can fix it.
            About the shutter, I cant see any of it in the Neo X7, this morning I will sent you a kernel in a pm, so you can test it and tell us if it improves or not.

leolas.
            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
            My devices:
            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
            Gearbest.com)
            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

try to play from the internal sdcard, i have a theory.. :P

Comment

Is there some brave man to try the left usb fix?
                Download this and flash it by quickflasher. Reboot and try

Comment

Hi,

when booting to CWM I can't see the very left characters (maybe 3 or 4).
                  Same for the bottom line (I believe I miss 1 line).
                  Screen is adjusted correct.

Any idea?

rgds

Comment

Is there some brave man to try the left usb fix?
                    Download this and flash it by quickflasher. Reboot and try
                    http://ul.to/d03coz4o
                    Flashed USB fix but no change...(reboot and power down)

Also unticked connect to pc in usb option nd drive connected to left port was recognised instantly.

Thanks for the efforts...

Comment

Originally posted by Simannjo View Post
                      Flashed USB fix but no change...(reboot and power down)

Also unticked connect to pc in usb option nd drive connected to left port was recognised instantly.

Thanks for the efforts...
                      when you reboot after the patch is applied, was the connect to pc still marked as active?

Comment

when you reboot after the patch is applied, was the connect to pc still marked as active?
                        It was, yes.
                        I changed nothing before flash, only after.

Comment

Originally posted by Simannjo View Post
                          It was, yes.
                          I changed nothing before flash, only after.
                          ok, it looks i am missing something. this option was activated on every boot and the fix disables this, so if you reboot now, the connect to pc must remain unchecked. can you do a reboot to check it remains unchecked? thanks

Comment

ok, it looks i am missing something. this option was activated on every boot and the fix disables this, so if you reboot now, the connect to pc must remain unchecked. can you do a reboot to check it remains unchecked? thanks
                            Rebooted and the connect to pc tick is restored... There is a tick in the box...

Comment

ok i'll dig into that.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X