General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    From working TV, change setting from auto detect resolution to 720p and try the other TVs. It could be refresh rate or resolution. Some tvs do report inaccurate sink info.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

did that when i got it buddy and its no dice. Mabe others will have luck with disable auto hdmi but not me

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
      did that when i got it buddy and its no dice. Mabe others will have luck with disable auto hdmi but not me
      M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
      百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje

Comment

Thanks ill give that a spin soon

Comment

Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
          M8 owners great news! so i had my seller send me the stock M8 firmware because i flashed with the tronsmart rom and it killed my box. First of all, it successfully restored my M8 back to life and it fixed all of my video issues in xbmc! All H.264 videos play smoothly now and i can confirm all 3 hardware codecs Amlogic, libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled in xbmc at the same time. I am using the version that is on the rom which is Gotham beta 1. I do not think its any special version and think the rom that came with my box was some older buggy version. The rom I just downloaded works perfect. BTW, it says AAC 5.1, and dolby digital 5.1 when I tried a few movies so I am assuming this is working as well?

Here is the download link
          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password is rtje
          Fantastic! I assume it is pre-rooted?

There is no way in XBMC or Android to know if you are doing passthrough. You have to have an AVR (receiver) that shows the format.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
            Fantastic! I assume it is pre-rooted?

There is no way in XBMC or Android to know if you are doing passthrough. You have to have an AVR (receiver) that shows the format.

1080P H.264 Dolby Digital 5.1 confirmed to be working on my AVR. Was also able to enable DTS in xbmc options and will report back once I find a video that uses that format. So far I am very impressed with this box running this new firmware. Xbmc is so much more responsive compared to my old gbox mx2.

Comment

1080P H.264 Dolby Digital 5.1 confirmed to be working on my AVR. Was also able to enable DTS in xbmc options and will report back once I find a video that uses that format. So far I am very impressed with this box running this new firmware. Xbmc is so much more responsive compared to my old gbox mx2.
              Here are all the demo files you'll ever need. http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

Please turn on Audio keep alive as well and let me know if DTS causes 2.0 PCM to stop working until HDMI is reconnected or AVR source changed.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

@rlaursen

Your the lucky one. With this build the stock xbmc is still crashing out at launch.
                Did wipe all data twice but still no dice..

Also this one is non root fw

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                  @rlaursen

Your the lucky one. With this build the stock xbmc is still crashing out at launch.
                  Did wipe all data twice but still no dice..

Also this one is non root fw
                  You need to root this device for XBMC to work.

Comment

I'll make sure to do that or jump back to the 4/10/14 build that was pre root.

Comment

My bet is the root kit I made for the S89 will work on this M8 ROM!

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Finless root kit for s89 worked like a charm.

Stock xbmc from firmware is still broken after reinstall.

Finless xbmc for s89 and officals are audio only unless libfright is used. Yes root was granted.

Comment

I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire.

It is working nicely with amcodec and libstagefright turned on. No audio/video sync issue. No chopping. Smooth video. (Thanks to noderat for urging me to test this )

I am loving this box. But the only problem for me is the Ethernet connection. It still does not work. I am working with geekbuying (Eric) on this. He is helping me with tips. I have tried many but we have not been able to fix it yet. Lets hope we can get to this.

I checked dmesg today. But there is absolutely no entry related to networking when I try to connect ethernet.

Also "busybox ifconfig" does not show eth0. Trying "busybox ifconfig eth0 up" gives an error: "SIGXXXXX: I/O Error". I cannot remember the exact SIG.... error.

If the ethernet is fixed, then this will be an awesome box for me.
                          Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

I bought the one below and it says it supports H.264 decoding but in xbmc is a different story. If I try to play a video with just Media codec enabled my xbmc crashes everytime. I can play videos with just libstagefright decoder enabled by itself but the video is too choppy and seems the same as when I enable software decoding. If I enable amcodec, libstagefright, mediacodec or amcodec by itself then every video is blank but the sound plays fine. I've tried xbmc 13 beta 1 and 2 and also tried the Gbox xbmc 12 but same problem.

http://www.hkhanlin.en.alibaba.com/p...re_tv_box.html
                            Did you buy one from this seller it says 10 pieces minimum?
                            How much did you pay?
                            kind regards Magnus

Comment

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
                              I am using the Tronsmart Elite S89. I used Finless ROM. After that I am using xbmc gotham nightly April 15. The one marked with Amazon Fire.

It is working nicely with amcodec and libstagefright turned on. No audio/video sync issue. No chopping. Smooth video. (Thanks to noderat for urging me to test this )

I am loving this box. But the only problem for me is the Ethernet connection. It still does not work. I am working with geekbuying (Eric) on this. He is helping me with tips. I have tried many but we have not been able to fix it yet. Lets hope we can get to this.

I checked dmesg today. But there is absolutely no entry related to networking when I try to connect ethernet.

Also "busybox ifconfig" does not show eth0. Trying "busybox ifconfig eth0 up" gives an error: "SIGXXXXX: I/O Error". I cannot remember the exact SIG.... error.

If the ethernet is fixed, then this will be an awesome box for me.
                              Perhaps the Ethernet is faulty hardware? Seems to be working for everyone else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                                Perhaps the Ethernet is faulty hardware? Seems to be working for everyone else.
                                Yeah. Thats what my worst fears are.
                                Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

Working...
                                X