NEW - T428 KitKat Finless ROM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by energy_drink View Post
    Hi there, thats seccound rom ive tried so far.
    That looks great and its smoother than finless 1.5 ive tried but I have one issue.
    On finless 2.0 wifi works very slow for me ( it worked very good on 1.5) there is also imposiible to instal any bigger app becouse google play stops to download after few %...

I want to ask if there is any way to flash different kernel only and if this can fix my problem.

I have Tronsmart t428 running Finless 2.0 in deaufult configuration.
    My internet is superfast so there is no problem with broadband.

I will appreciate any help.
    Thank You.
    If your not using usb rj45 I recommand wasser 1.0.4 for minix x7, for me it does all my need.
    T428 ,Radxa Rock (RR), cs918s v1.0, waiting for my X7...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarco View Post
      If your not using usb rj45 I recommand wasser 1.0.4 for minix x7, for me it does all my need.

Whats rj45? is wasser 1.0.4 kind of kernel? does it work with tronsmart t428?

Comment

Originally posted by energy_drink View Post
        Whats rj45? is wasser 1.0.4 kind of kernel? does it work with tronsmart t428?
        Usb to ethernet rj45 cable use instead of wifi. In minix x7 you will found Wasser 1.0.4 firmware compatible for T428. It is the one I use

Comment

Usb to ethernet rj45 cable use instead of wifi. In minix x7 you will found Wasser 1.0.4 firmware compatible for T428. It is the one I use
          What he means is this:

With Wasser 1.04 installed on your T428 there will be NO working Ethernet. WIFI does work. So, if you connect to internet by way of a USB Ethernet cat5 adapter DO NOT USE Wasser 1.04 on the T428.
          FLHT = Harley
          HEMI = 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
          Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by flhthemi View Post
            What he means is this:

With Wasser 1.04 installed on your T428 there will be NO working Ethernet. WIFI does work. So, if you connect to internet by way of a USB Ethernet cat5 adapter DO NOT USE Wasser 1.04 on the T428.
            Well said, thank flhthemi, some time I mess in english!

Comment

Can You please send me a link to the specific firmware mate? As Im not sure whichone U mean?
              Is that important to flash whole firmware or I could flash the kernel only?
              Many thanks.
              Last edited by energy_drink; 02-09-2015, 21:18.

Comment

Hi Bob!

Thanks you for all your work.

I am a pure noob , I just got my stuttering MK908II, so I can just tell this from what I see posted around.

Is this ROM going to work with my MK908II? I want to update it to fix the videos playback framerate problem but have no knowledge and fear bricking.

Thanks again!

Raph

Comment

hi,
                  very good rom, but there isn't the wifidisplay app
                  where can I download the wifidisplay app?

Last edited by grzmrc; 03-25-2015, 22:44.

Comment

Hi all! This Rom has been so brilliant for me up until now. Since April 2015 when Google updated their Google Play Services I keep getting an error saying "unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped". I uninstalled the updates as a temporary solution but Play Services & Youtube and other GAPPS don't work without the update. Any solutions please?

Comment

Originally posted by nickyp View Post
                      Hi all! This Rom has been so brilliant for me up until now. Since April 2015 when Google updated their Google Play Services I keep getting an error saying "unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped". I uninstalled the updates as a temporary solution but Play Services & Youtube and other GAPPS don't work without the update. Any solutions please?
                      Toss T428 in trash, buy Zotac Zbox BI320-U-W2. Problem solved. Seriously, I think there was a Wasser ROM that worked on T428's...might give it a go. Seems that they all (ROMs) have their own little bugs. I tried a UT2 Ugoos and had pretty good luck with it. The latest ROM from Ugoos works very well on it. Still, in the end, I like my Windows 8 Zbox best of all.

FLHT = Harley
                      Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Toss T428 in trash, buy Zotac Zbox BI320-U-W2. Problem solved. Seriously, I think there was a Wasser ROM that worked on T428's...might give it a go. Seems that they all (ROMs) have their own little bugs. I tried a UT2 Ugoos and had pretty good luck with it. The latest ROM from Ugoos works very well on it. Still, in the end, I like my Windows 8 Zbox best of all.
                        LOL I know you are right about tossing it away. As it was my first stick I feel some kind of silly attachment to it!

I'll have a go with the roms you mention, thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by nickyp View Post

LOL I know you are right about tossing it away. As it was my first stick I feel some kind of silly attachment to it!

I'll have a go with the roms you mention, thanks for the tips!
                          Just keep in mind if you go from Jellybean to Kitkat, there is a special procedure (MaskROM Mode) to take it back to Jellybean. Otherwise your T428 might be bricked, which can sometimes still be undone.

A LINK with more info..... and just FYI - Finless 2.0 is still on my T428 as it was about as good as it got.
                          FLHT = Harley
                          Cause I've been asked.

Comment

Hy guys
                            I have a question about this rom ...I't works on Tronsmart NX ?
                            Tnx in advance for response

Comment

Well, I'm a year late but I finally installed this firmware from scratch (full erasure). I was previously using your Minix Neo x7 1.8 firmware and since my TV was only 720p, and the ROM worked so well, I didn't want to mess with it. Now I'm using a 1080p TV and wanted to go higher def.

This ROM is working great so far! Youtube, Netflix, Google Movie Play etc all work fine. I had already upgraded the heatsink on my T428 over a year ago, so I was ready for the 1080 ROM. The image is sharper and crisper even though YouTube seems to be limiting me to 720p and video quality on Netflix & Google Play is limited by streaming bandwidth and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for this ROM Bob ! My T428 seems faster now. Maybe that's just because of the fresh install.

Comment

Just keep in mind if you go from Jellybean to Kitkat, there is a special procedure (MaskROM Mode) to take it back to Jellybean. Otherwise your T428 might be bricked, which can sometimes still be undone.

A LINK with more info..... and just FYI - Finless 2.0 is still on my T428 as it was about as good as it got.
                                Thanks again for the advice! Maybe I'll just live with google play services being disabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X