This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@d33,

I was wondering if it is possible to have the overclocking technique used in kernels 4.0 integrated in kernel 2.7. The 4.0 kernel is working great for me, but any official ROM doesn't seem to work for me. And kernel 4.0 doesn't work properly with the beta ROM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
      Both should work fine unless you got a clone.

Does the stock rom work?
      I have true Ugoos MK809 III with RK3188 and AP6210. It works with stock kernels, Finless' kernel and D33's v2.7 kernels. But it does not work with V3 kernels (no HDMI signal, boot loop) and v4 kernels (double logo, boot loop). Also it does not boot with V4 test kernels. And overclock is not the case as my stick could work extremely overklocked with JB.

Comment

Originally posted by berehon View Post
        I have true Ugoos MK809 III with RK3188 and AP6210. It works with stock kernels, Finless' kernel and D33's v2.7 kernels. But it does not work with V3 kernels (no HDMI signal, boot loop) and v4 kernels (double logo, boot loop). Also it does not boot with V4 test kernels. And overclock is not the case as my stick could work extremely overklocked with JB.
        Use the no gpu test kernel in post 725.

Seems many of these devices hate a gpu overclock and hence the double logo.

The alternate kernels d33 post in the first page haven't been fixed yet i believe hence no boot.
        Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Use the no gpu test kernel in post 725.

Seems many of these devices hate a gpu overclock and hence the double logo.

The alternate kernels d33 post in the first page haven't been fixed yet i believe hence no boot.
          post #725 and first post are pointing to the same file:
          MK808B Plus, MK908II

Comment

Originally posted by yever View Post
            post #725 and first post are pointing to the same file:
            http://www.freak-tab.de/d33/kernel_A...00_testers.zip
            Not unless he changed them recently.

725 was before those two files where made and after several trys they didn't work.

D33 i believe was compiling two other jobs and those two didn't quite turn out correctly and i don't think he had a chance to get back to them.

725 does work were those two don't.

Comment

Not unless he changed them recently.

725 was before those two files where made and after several trys they didn't work.

D33 i believe was compiling two other jobs and those two didn't quite turn out correctly and i don't think he had a chance to get back to them.

725 does work were those two don't.
              ok....I think I will have to wait for D33 to fix the link or noterat to generate the full list of variations for tv-stick. For now, I will live with the boot problem. It still works nicely after it boots.
              MK808B Plus, MK908II

Comment

Originally posted by yever View Post
                ok....I think I will have to wait for D33 to fix the link or noterat to generate the full list of variations for tv-stick. For now, I will live with the boot problem. It still works nicely after it boots.
                In all likely your not going to get a gpu overclock regardless of who does it.

If you get the double logo then the gpu on your device hates overclocking.

Cpu and memory are already overclocked on the 4.0 rom although if you want higher beyond 1.6ghz you may have quite the wait.

Beyond a certain point its rapidly becomes diminishing returns.

Comment

In all likely your not going to get a gpu overclock regardless of who does it.

If you get the double logo then the gpu on your device hates overclocking.

Cpu and memory are already overclocked on the 4.0 rom although if you want higher beyond 1.6ghz you may have quite the wait.

Beyond a certain point its rapidly becomes diminishing returns.
                  hi, Magnus, is it possible if you can upload the working no gpu oc kernel somewhere? thanks
                  MK808B Plus, MK908II

Comment

Does anybody know any rom+kernel combination where xbmc can change resolution and/or refresh rate depending playable file? And multichannel audio passthrough?

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
                      I feel so ripped off with my cx919-ii. Really love the work you guys are doing, but I wish it would work properly out of the box.
                      The best rom for me has to be finless 2.0 beta. I'll go back to kernel 2.7 then I guess

@Max One, are you also having problems with streams not loading, freezing or what so ever with this new ROM?
                      Nope, everything works nice except the boot issue.
                      Edit: I am using this rom http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-Ugoos-UM2 atm with d33´s v4 Kernel. Works great so far.

@ d33

Is it possible to make a t kernel without oc possibility gpu and ddr to avoid the boot issue?
                      The default clock of the kernel should be 1.6 ghz / 720 DDR / 600 GPU.
                      cx-919ii

Comment

Where the just CPU and CPU DDR overclock kernels ever repaired?
                        No not really. It still will not boot to desktop.
                        cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                          The following are kernels built against Rockchip sources provided to Freaktab on condition we don't publish (sorry!). These are intended to be used with the recent release of "official" ROMS (April 2014 onward) not beta ROMs (use v2.x/3.x for these)

Version 4.0
                          • First working release
                          • TV Boxes - RK100 support (Audio codec, TV out) / Dual lcdc
                          • HD resolution (1920x1080)
                          • Single kernel for all SOCs (this is overclock for RK3188T)
                          • CPU: 1.6 GHZ, GPU: 600 MHz, DDR: 720 MHz
                          D33,

Your 4.0 version is extremely good! Smooth like a shaver... and it's good to see my TS MK908II running so fast and so up-to-date!!
                          Are you planning to release an SD version of this 4.0?? That's the only thing missing to have an top stick!! (wi-fi is working good... there are minors problems like rsexplorer, some missing buttons but I can hang on with these)
                          Thanks a lot for you work!!
                          Tronsmart MK908II RK3188(non-T)

Comment

kernel mtk

Hello I own mk809iv processor rk3188t and Mediatek MT5931 (Bluetooth v2.1: Mediatek MT6622)
                            you could tell me a kernel suitable for neomode 3.1?

Thanks!
                            Last edited by maxomnia; 04-24-2014, 15:08.

Comment

my device: K-R42 from geekbuying with board from T-R42 exactly B351_v2.0:

I use wasser firmware:
                              K-R42 wasser based on android 4.4 kikat - version 0.92

and oc kernel:
                              kernel_RTL8188_v310 -> "kernel_t_RTL8188_HD_v3.10_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr800 " = reboot issue
                              kernel_TVBOX_400 -> "kernel_TVBOX_RT8188_VMAC_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr 800" = sound issue

Where i can find kernel with oc: cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr800 without issues?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblighter View Post
                                my device: K-R42 from geekbuying with board from T-R42 exactly B351_v2.0:

I use wasser firmware:
                                K-R42 wasser based on android 4.4 kikat - version 0.92

and oc kernel:
                                kernel_RTL8188_v310 -> "kernel_t_RTL8188_HD_v3.10_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr800 " = reboot issue
                                kernel_TVBOX_400 -> "kernel_TVBOX_RT8188_VMAC_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr 800" = sound issue

Where i can find kernel with oc: cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr800 without issues?
                                I have the same problem as bigblighter. Any solution?

Comment

Working...
                                X