Neomode Custom Rom MK809III Version 3.1 Android 4.4.2 *Update*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK809III with 8723 wifi module

Android 4.4 stock firmware for MK809III with 8723 wifi module.
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqopWSs
    https://yadi.sk/d/bqkNYijzWsfxA

Comment

Screen scaling -> FIXED!!!!! Go to the EDIT section

Hi all,

I know this has come up multiple times already but I can't get the screen scaling to stick.

Anyway, I've been busy trying to solve this but I'm running into some issues.

1. Screen scaling can be set in the fb0 config files, this only seems to work on the x-axis for some reason.
      2. After a reboot the modified files are restored to default.

So my questions are:

1. What is overwriting the modified files?
      2. How can I adb into the stick without Android being booted?
      (to have full access to all the system config files)
      3. Why isn't It working for the y-axis?

Today I'll try to write a script that sets the scaling at boot either by using script manager or adding It to init.d .
      I'll post my results later today.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to fix the issue, and best of all, it's super-easy!

Here's how:

1. create a file, I've called mine scaler.sh
      2. copy/paste this code into it:

Code:
      echo xscale=100 >  /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
      echo yscale=100 >  /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
      3. Save the file and optionally chmod it using this command in the terminal:

Code:
      chmod 777 yourfile

example: chmod 777 scaler.sh
      4. Install Scriptmanager

5. Start SM and navigate to the script you've created in step 3
      6. Select run as root and run on boot in SM.
      7. Save and exit SM
      8. Reboot

That's it, when the system is booted the screen will be scaled incorrectly BUT give it a second, SM will run the script and the scaling will adjust to 100% without you having to set it manually!

Hope this helps some people who are having the same issue.

ENJOY!

Regards
      Last edited by Pihkal; 07-22-2014, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Pihkal View Post
        Hi all,

I know this has come up multiple times already but I can't get the screen scaling to stick.

Anyway, I've been busy trying to solve this but I'm running into some issues.

1. Screen scaling can be set in the fb0 config files, this only seems to work on the x-axis for some reason.
        2. After a reboot the modified files are restored to default.

So my questions are:

1. What is overwriting the modified files?
        2. How can I adb into the stick without Android being booted?
        (to have full access to all the system config files)
        3. Why isn't It working for the y-axis?

Today I'll try to write a script that sets the scaling at boot either by using script manager or adding It to init.d .
        I'll post my results later today.

Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to fix the issue, and best of all, it's super-easy!

Here's how:

1. create a file, I've called mine scaler.sh
        2. copy/paste this code into it:

Code:
        echo xscale=100 >  /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
        echo yscale=100 >  /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
        3. Save the file and optionally chmod it using this command in the terminal:

Code:
        chmod 777 yourfile

example: chmod 777 scaler.sh
        4. Install Scriptmanager

5. Start SM and navigate to the script you've created in step 3
        6. Select run as root and run on boot in SM.
        7. Save and exit SM
        8. Reboot

That's it, when the system is booted the screen will be scaled incorrectly BUT give it a second, SM will run the script and the scaling will adjust to 100% without you having to set it manually!

Hope this helps some people who are having the same issue.

ENJOY!

Regards
        Solution is a new dislayd file provided by another user, and funny, those look VERY similar to my temp solution I posted before the file from the other user....

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
          Solution is a new dislayd file provided by another user, and funny, those look VERY similar to my temp solution I posted before the file from the other user....
          Goddamned, didn't know this was already solved.
          Great, spent a couple of hours on this for nothing....

Where can I find this file?
          Also, I didn't mean to copy you (assuming I did), didn't follow this thread for some time.

Apologies, just trying to help.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Pihkal View Post
            Goddamned, didn't know this was already solved.
            Great, spent a couple of hours on this for nothing....

Where can I find this file?
            Also, I didn't mean to copy you (assuming I did), didn't follow this thread for some time.

Apologies, just trying to help.

Regards
            There is a "SEARCH THREAD" option... But I did the favor for you. My temp solution is on page 32 at the bottom, the displayd solution is on page 33 at the top.

Comment

Will there be a fix for the dark webcam? Because there is no exposure settings in Skype to change it

Comment

there an app that can reduce CPU clock if the temperature get too much hot ?
                to avoid reboots...
                no i don't want to put heatsink (it make the key looking like a heavly modified geek gadjet, and i'm going to offer the key to someone so i don't want ) i'd rather use an app that can reduce cpu speed if the temperature exceeds a certain threshold

thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by guy123 View Post
                  to avoid reboots...
                  no i don't want to put heatsink (it make the key looking like a heavly modified geek gadjet, and i'm going to offer the key to someone so i don't want ) i'd rather use an app that can reduce cpu speed if the temperature exceeds a certain threshold

thanks you
                  Not sure, but let me know if you find one. Can we actually read the CPU temp?

Comment

to avoid reboots...

thanks you
                    I don't think that there is a android stick with CPU temperature sensor, but you can set then speed max and minimun on the no frills app.
                    Rk3188 set to 1.6ghz it is not supposed to get hot at the point of reboot by itself, now the 3188T might.
                    By the way is this question pertinent to the subject of this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by giovaniazoni
                      I don't think that there is a android stick with CPU temperature sensor
                      according this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643540 it's possible to get temperature...
                      you can set then speed max and minimun on the no frills app.
                      i don't need or want to reduce cpu max speed...

Rk3188 set to 1.6ghz it is not supposed to get hot at the point of reboot by itself, now the 3188T might.
                      i don't know which device you own, but on my MK809III the cpu MAKE the system reboot if it get too hot. i don't see what else can make it reboot...

thx bye!
                      Last edited by guy123; 07-24-2014, 02:20.

Comment

pipo x2 dongle

Hi, I wanted to know if this rom is good for pip x2 dongle, with rk3188 chip. Thank you.

Comment

i don't know which device you own, but on my MK809III the cpu MAKE the system reboot if it get too hot. i don't see what else can make it reboot...

thx bye!
                          Are you running 1080p kernel? Also are you using any devices on the USB port without a powered USB hub and are you using the power supply it came with? I run 1.6GHz with a heatsink and it has never rebooted on me. I do use a powered USB hub on the USB port and use a *REAL* 4.2amp dual USB (one to the TV and one to the USB hub) power supply (not the one provided when I bought it, that's just labeled 2amps but I doubt it produces 2amps.)

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
                            Are you running 1080p kernel? Also are you using any devices on the USB port without a powered USB hub and are you using the power supply it came with? I run 1.6GHz with a heatsink and it has never rebooted on me. I do use a powered USB hub on the USB port and use a *REAL* 4.2amp dual USB (one to the TV and one to the USB hub) power supply (not the one provided when I bought it, that's just labeled 2amps but I doubt it produces 2amps.)
                            - no i use stock kernel (the one built in the rom) 720p/ no oc
                            - i have devices plugged (usb hub+usb soundcard + bluethood receiver+ usb key, and all that WITHOUT powered Hub) but that not the issue even WITHOUT ANY DEVICES plugged it reboot
                            - i use USB computer powered atm, i've tried with MULTIPLES 2a power supply from various manufacturer = same problem
                            - i have a 3188T without heatsink

I've underclocked to 1.2GHZ (from 1.4), now everything work FINE
                            i'm very impressed by the power of that little CPU, i'm watching a x264 file with HEAVY encoder settings and my load average is only 1.20 of 4.00 while my cpu run at 350-850mhz most of the time (with some little spikes to 1200mhz) !

i've read some messages posted few pages ago that suggest that the reboot problem is because of kitkat roms and max CPU freq.

thanks you for help, i'm very satisfied with 1.2ghz and no reboot.
                            Last edited by guy123; 07-24-2014, 06:16.

Comment

Hey, Neomode. According with recent 4.4.3 KitKat changelog, looks like it fixes bluetooth issues. Is it possible to port 4.4.3 on your custom rom?

Greetingz.
                              MK809III clone (T model) + d33 Kernel v4.1 {OC'ed kernel mod} (1.7Ghz/768/800Mhz) !!!

Comment

Originally posted by wichoxp View Post
                                Hey, Neomode. According with recent 4.4.3 KitKat changelog, looks like it fixes bluetooth issues. Is it possible to port 4.4.3 on your custom rom?

Greetingz.
                                Since the most recent v4.4.4 Kitkat is now available, I think that could be better that Neomode port this 4.4.4 to the ROM...

Comment

Working...
                                X