Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ataroshe View Post
    Good day, neomode
    Just flashed Your rom with standart kernel and it doesn't boot (after Penguins and Kitkat just black screen) waited 20 minutes but it still did not boot. MK809 III 3188T AP6210[ATTACH=CONFIG]7418[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7419[/ATTACH]
    Can You please tell me what can I do?

Thanks)
    I have 2 of these and 2 with the Mediatek, these work perfect. You can get the 1080p, o/c and working wifi/bluetooth from another post "Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)" and pick AP6210-alt works 100%. Also, don't forget to wipe IDB and flash with stock recovery so it formats your DATA/CACHE/SDCARD, then you can flash TWRP or CMW. And to go into recovery on first boot, MISC partition - it wont clear data/cache/sdcard, only on stock recovery partition.

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
      I have 2 of these and 2 with the Mediatek, these work perfect. You can get the 1080p, o/c and working wifi/bluetooth from another post "Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)" and pick AP6210-alt works 100%. Also, don't forget to wipe IDB and flash with stock recovery so it formats your DATA/CACHE/SDCARD, then you can flash TWRP or CMW. And to go into recovery on first boot, MISC partition - it wont clear data/cache/sdcard, only on stock recovery partition.
      Unfortuately it doesn't boot with AP6210-alt ("Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)") also - it stops on Google TV screen. Also it is veeeery hot. But I tried SD version of "Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)"

Maybe You can recomend something else? Because still can not boot.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Unfortuately it doesn't boot with AP6210-alt ("Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)") also - it stops on Google TV screen. Also it is veeeery hot. But I tried SD version of "Kitkat kernel for all (well almost)"

Many thanks in advance.
        That's very odd. I have had a total of 6 AP6210 RK3188-T's with NCR 3.1 and AP6210 o/c 1080p kernels and all worked fine.

Comment

Many thanks in advance.
          It's just a guess, so it may not work. Try Smic's 1080p ROM and kernel. I had 2 sticks which wouldn't boot with D33's kernels, but the Smic rom and stock kernel worked fine. I had 4 others (RK3188T) that I installed Quickshot 3.1 on.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
            It's just a guess, so it may not work. Try Smic's 1080p ROM and kernel. I had 2 sticks which wouldn't boot with D33's kernels, but the Smic rom and stock kernel worked fine. I had 4 others (RK3188T) that I installed Quickshot 3.1 on.
            I guess they went crazy with the RK3188 MK809IV variants! Wow.. I know of 4, but God knows how many more variants are there! Jeez! No wonder the chefs are looking another way... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by m4f1050 View Post
              I guess they went crazy with the RK3188 MK809IV variants! Wow.. I know of 4, but God knows how many more variants are there! Jeez! No wonder the chefs are looking another way... LOL
              Agreed. Though they got real cheap, without knowing which sticks will be compatible with kitkat, I would never recommend buying an MK809III either. I'm just lucky I found good 1080p roms for the 6 sticks I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by PolloLoco View Post
                Agreed. Though they got real cheap, without knowing which sticks will be compatible with kitkat, I would never recommend buying an MK809III either. I'm just lucky I found good 1080p roms for the 6 sticks I bought.
                Yeah, I got 6 on **** (from China) and they were the AP6210 and all worked great, got 2 from a US seller (and paid $10 more) and they had the dreaded Mediatek... Shouldn't have sold the 4 AP6210's but they paid me good $ :-)

Comment

Problem with usb Lan adapter with

Hello...

I have this rom on my hdmi stick...

now i have a problem...

i have a usb lan adapter and when it is plugged in (with usb) and the lan cable ist plugged in, the hdmi stick will not boot...

when i make the usb lan out, then boot the stick normal.

in android i can plugged the usb lan adapter without problems in.

sorry for my badness englisch

thanks for help...

Comment

Re: Neomode Custom Rom MK809III Version 3.1 Android 4.4.2 *Update*

Originally posted by daki1978 View Post
                    Hello...

I have this rom on my hdmi stick...

now i have a problem...

i have a usb lan adapter and when it is plugged in (with usb) and the lan cable ist plugged in, the hdmi stick will not boot...

when i make the usb lan out, then boot the stick normal.

in android i can plugged the usb lan adapter without problems in.

sorry for my badness englisch

thanks for help...
                    Usb to ethernet devices pull quite a bit of power to function normally. There is a chance the device won't boot due to insufficient current.
                    Two questions:
                    Are you using the factory power supply that came with the tv stick? If so, purchase a higher quality psu as strong stable power supply is necessary for the stick to carry anything but a kb dongle plugged into the device usb and still have full power to operate.
                    How does the stick function when the ether adaptor is plugged into a powered usb hub and not directly connected? Even with a good psu on stick the ether adaptor may draw too much current for the stick to operate normally on boot. Factors such as length of ethernet cable can also be a factor, as longer lengths of any cable will consume power in transition of data, causing attenuation or signal strength loss directly to conductors in cable and connections.
                    Incidentally, what is the brand and model of ether to usb are you using? They are all definitely not the same in chipset or general quality.

Hope that helps....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                    Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                    Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                    uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                    iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                    Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Originally posted by mechaone View Post
                      Usb to ethernet devices pull quite a bit of power to function normally. There is a chance the device won't boot due to insufficient current.
                      Two questions:
                      Are you using the factory power supply that came with the tv stick? If so, purchase a higher quality psu as strong stable power supply is necessary for the stick to carry anything but a kb dongle plugged into the device usb and still have full power to operate.
                      How does the stick function when the ether adaptor is plugged into a powered usb hub and not directly connected? Even with a good psu on stick the ether adaptor may draw too much current for the stick to operate normally on boot. Factors such as length of ethernet cable can also be a factor, as longer lengths of any cable will consume power in transition of data, causing attenuation or signal strength loss directly to conductors in cable and connections.
                      Incidentally, what is the brand and model of ether to usb are you using? They are all definitely not the same in chipset or general quality.

Hope that helps....

I have the same problem. My setup is a MK809iii R-Box stick with a 2amp power supply, Plugged into my stick i have a
                      1amp powered hub with a wired ethernet adapter (Trendnet TU2-ET1000) and a Logitech Wireless KB dongle. No matter what i do it absolutely will not boot with the ethernet adapter plugged in. It will also freeze the startup if i plug it in halfway (for example if i plug it in after the kitkat logo, it will stop and not bring up my desktop untill it's unplugged). Could it still be running out of power even with a powered hub? I have thought of experimenting with a usb3 powered hub with more current but they are expensive if its not a power issue

Comment

Re: Neomode Custom Rom MK809III Version 3.1 Android 4.4.2 *Update*

USB 3.0 hubs and devices are backwards compatible with 2.0 but arent worth the money for performance sake, as the RK3188 doesnt support 3.0 bus speeds anyway. I wouldnt purchase one when a decent psu will do nicely.
                        That aside, I'm sure it isn't an amperage bottleneck issue affecting you or the ether adapter wouldnt hang the system when plugged into a powered hub. The TU2-ET100 carries an Asix AX88772 chipset which should be compatible with most newer roms. At this point I'm out of my element and with what I've read elsewhere it seems the issue could be with the kernel. I didn't run NCR 3.1 for long before switching back to NCR 1.9a and cant remember all issues posted in this thread. Unless you have already done so, I would skim through the posts for anything relevant.
                        Are you both using the default Neomode 3.1 kernel? If so, I would try D33's kernel builds to test if that is a fix.

Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
                        Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
                        uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
                        iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
                        Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

impossible to install the ROM 4.3 on MK809III (RK1388/MT3921SA/MT6622N)

Hi,
                          I've tried to install the last NEMODE 3.1 ROM on my new device but I need a kernel for MK809III (RK3188) with MEDIATEK MT5931SA / MT6622N wifi/bt chipsets bought on dx.com
                          Can anyone help me ?
                          Thanks
                          Cray

Last edited by cray1903; 08-13-2014, 21:28.

Comment

bricked stick

I've tried various ROMS/kernels and now my MK809III is not responding at all.
                            I can not detect it with my PC even pressing on the reset button .
                            Of course I installed the drivers and everything was detected before my last ROM.
                            Can anyone help me please ?
                            Cray

Comment

Bricked device

Me again,
                              I've put my device in Mask mode but I need an update.img file of the ROM to complete the repair.
                              Can anyone can send me a working ROM to use on my stick ?
                              Even a lower Android version.

MK809III (RK3188 + MEDIATEK MT5931SA & MT6622N wifi/bt chipset)
                              Thanks.
                              Cray

Comment

Well - as there are like a thousand different MK809III - please comment which chipset for WiFi and BT you have on your board.

Perhaps some kind guys can help you than with any working ROM.

Sent from my HP EliteBook 6930p using Tapatalk
                                Kind regards Snuffy

Comment

Working...
                                X