Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
    Thats a good question. 5ghz wifi would be awesome for streaming high bitrate stuff localy...how much more costs the better wifi chip in mass production ?
    difference should be around $8-$10 ...

Comment

Hi oman. It's great to see that you have put a heatsink.When will we know if we are in the test list? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post

veccini,What do you think about our heat sink?

A discreet and many passive heatsink cooling fins, seems appropriate . Looks great for overclockers people.

Have already pointed out and I think about the best use of paste or glue and no thermal pad.

what are the dimensions of this heatsink?
        I suppose that this heatsink is aluminum.

Which is the result of temperatures in idle mode and to load the SoC without sink?

I do not see the wifi antenna connector. Will it be a cable? Rp sma on board?

Sorry for my english...

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
          Wow...thats pretty hefty. I tought it would be more like +1-2$. Dear Lord...

The UI is 1080P.

According to:
          We all know that benchmarks and real world performance don’t necessarily go hand in hand, but when something manages to raise the bar like the new Rochip RK3288 people tend to take notice.

The RK3288 should score arround 40000 Antutus if they are not Cheating Also the Resolution seems to bee even higher (4k) than on the R89 Prototype....

Whats your opinion on that ?

Greetings.

Comment

I totally agree. I think it's copper heatsink(with black paint sprayed).

But even so, i think the case need some holes to breathe...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Proper ventilation

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post

I agree, pads to keep the unit up off the base to allow air to the vents below and adding vents on top above the heat sink to create good airflow. Quality Arctic Silver thermal paste with a good heat sink will make for very good cooling.

Comment

Seems pricey, but 5ghz is a much better option in areas with congested 2.4ghz.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenrod View Post
                  Seems pricey, but 5ghz is a much better option in areas with congested 2.4ghz.
                  they may have cheaper 2.4 only+ 8gb and a bit dearer 6330+16gb models...

Comment

On the vega i used thermal paste artic silver 5... and damn...what a difference

Is it better than the pad?

How much different degree do you think ?
                    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

is AP6210 wifi chip the only option or is there another model with 6330 5ghz chip ?
                      Thats a good question. 5ghz wifi would be awesome for streaming high bitrate stuff localy...how much more costs the better wifi chip in mass production ?

The R89 is compatible with 3 wifi chips:

1.AP6210 --b/g/n
                      2.AP6330 --a/b/g/n/ --base AP6210 +3$
                      3.AP6335 --b/g/n/ac --base AP6330 +3$
                      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by veccini View Post
                        A discreet and many passive heatsink cooling fins, seems appropriate . Looks great for overclockers people.

Have already pointed out and I think about the best use of paste or glue and no thermal pad.

what are the dimensions of this heatsink?
                        I suppose that this heatsink is aluminum.

Which is the result of temperatures in idle mode and to load the SoC without sink?

I do not see the wifi antenna connector. Will it be a cable? Rp sma on board?

Sorry for my english...
                        1.Dimensions :2.5*2.5 CM
                        2.Thermal test we didnt accomplish
                        3.Antenna connector is on the down side of wifi chip

Wow...thats pretty hefty. I tought it would be more like +1-2$. Dear Lord...

According to:
                        We all know that benchmarks and real world performance don’t necessarily go hand in hand, but when something manages to raise the bar like the new Rochip RK3288 people tend to take notice.

The RK3288 should score arround 40000 Antutus if they are not Cheating Also the Resolution seems to bee even higher (4k) than on the R89 Prototype....

Whats your opinion on that ?

Greetings.
                        1.I know antutu can be 40k on some websites. But R89 cpu frequency is limited to 1.4G,I don't know whether this reason caused.
                        2.Their Resolution is for MID,R89 is for TV

1.It's aluminum;
                        2.R89 prototype don't have the vents..ok,I'll report to our Mechanical Engineer.

Originally posted by Haba View Post
                        I agree, pads to keep the unit up off the base to allow air to the vents below and adding vents on top above the heat sink to create good airflow. Quality Arctic Silver thermal paste with a good heat sink will make for very good cooling.
                        1.No vents

Comment

1.No vents
                          S89 Square box kind of Vents are ideal to avoid any future overheating issues...

Comment

Hi,everyone.

I post here to tell you something.
                            I'm Chinese,my English skills is a little poor,I want to show my mood or using some humorous tongue with words,but...my head and hand can't be there.

Whatever.

Beelink will launched a new rk3288 tv-box over the coming weeks.Here is the prototype:

Part of the R89 PCBA:

What will we do in the next step?

1.20~30 geek fans,we need you to test our R89 to give feedback here,so we could improve R89 gradually.In the end,with your help,I think,it'll be more stable at least.And all these samples are free for you.If anyone who are interest in this,pls PM me and give me a reason. If what you say touch me ,R89 will come up with you.

20140528:
                            Who is the suitable test player I want to find?The following:
                            1.With much experience to android TV box,this is primary

2.If you have some accessories:
                            a,usb HDD/camera/audio,Air mouse,wireless keyboard mouse,TF card and so on;
                            b,4k TV especially support HDMI2.0;Or old CRT/LCD which can test AV-out.
                            c,some HIFI device,receiver which can test HDMI/SPIDF passthrough.
                            That'll be competitive!

3.If you have kinds of HD videos,especially 4K/H265 video,and can access to video streaming services such as Netflix,BBC iPlayer,HULU,have much experience in xbmc/mxplayer.That'll be competitive!

4.If you could test the hardware professionally,such as wifi/bt/memory/HDMI.That'll be competitive!

5.If you posted many threads in Freaktab,and figure out many technical problems.That'll be competitive!
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            2.SDK will open to ROM developers in our early develop stage.We want them to join us at the beginning to fix all the issues responded from you.And also we will offer them all the R89 for free.
                            As for our S82 series,I already have done this:

*****The following is current state for Beelink R89**************
                            2014.05.21->
                            1.R89 PCBA will come back next Monday.
                            2.rk3288 pre-beta SDK is ready.Only with kernel source.

*****we are not only advertising here,but also do real things****

PS:I am a software engineer,a lot of work wait for me to handle.So,If I didn't return back your message,Pls forgive me.I am here,watching,supporting...
                            I can't edit this post now,why?Help,Bob...

OK,I have chosen 18 people for the R89 testing,they are :
                            no_spam_for_me ,bloodgnome,LawlessPPC,4WheelSpyder,ssspacman ,ademturk ,Arbelzapf ,talas ,NikAmi ,goldenrod ,TMx ,sync ,sweup,Smokez,ENDRJUPL,clarkss12,Catadarius,tltest er..

Thank them!

And we still want two more,totally 20.Others are for Developers.

The current state:
                            1.R89 can be powered on,but RK still don't release their complete SDK.We are doing some debugging and testing now.

Comment

Is it locked at 1.4 because its a T chip? ( Joke at rockchip not you ) sorry couldnt resist. But seriously is it locked in the coding of chipset like the T chipsets where as devs like D33 spent alot of time and effort digging into those secrets would hate to see that repeated for over clocking of these devices.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

mostra altro....

Is it better than the pad?

How much different degree do you think ?

Yes, it results to be much better. The difference in my case was 10 degrees. And i made holes in the upper side of the case, and i feel some hot air comming out.

Comment

Working...
                                X