Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
    I love seeing these progress updates. Keep them coming, oman
    +1 got me excited - thanks oman

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love seeing these progress updates. Keep them coming, oman
      I will..

But now,I have one problem,how to test RGMII? we don't have any Giga routers,switches,Hubs.

What I am thinking one way now is using a Giga switches,and two R89 with the super-six Ethernet cable connected,but how it works?
      Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Re: Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Originally posted by oman View Post

veccini,What do you think about our heat sink?
        Use thermal paste rather than a pad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

@oman
          You can connect the R89 to a computer with gigabit lan directly through a RJ45 LAN cable.

Comment

I you don't mind,
            I could add that holes in the pcb could help a some metallic spring hold the heat sink the right way and for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by raxy View Post
              I you don't mind,
              I could add that holes in the pcb could help a some metallic spring hold the heat sink the right way and for a long time.
              I think that is already the case. If you look carefully, you see the heatsink extending on both sides left and right, ending in a white knob. If you compare that to the picture of the whole PCB from earlier ( http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=a43n80&s=8 ) , you'll notice a hole directly under the right-hand RAM chips. That's exactly where one of the knobs is. The other hole would be obscured by the green description area.

I could be wrong, though

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                Use thermal paste rather than a pad.

OK,I will take your advise,and try it.

Tks.
                Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
                  @oman
                  You can connect the R89 to a computer with gigabit lan directly through a RJ45 LAN cable.
                  Am I so stupid?Why didn't I think of that?

But how it works?

ok,I will do some research.

Comment

I think that is already the case. If you look carefully, you see the heatsink extending on both sides left and right, ending in a white knob. If you compare that to the picture of the whole PCB from earlier ( http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=a43n80&s=8 ) , you'll notice a hole directly under the left-hand RAM chips. That's exactly where one of the knobs is. The other hole would be obscured by the green description area.

I could be wrong, though
                    Yes,you are absolutely right.

BTW,why your eyes so sharp like an eagle

Comment

OK,I will take your advise,and try it.

Tks.
                      Good thermal paste transfers the heat better, a pad is not great :-)

Comment

@oman
                        You have to set static ip's for both the computer & the box.
                        For example:
                        computer ip address: 192.168.0.1
                        box ip address: 192.168.0.2
                        subnet mask is the same for both: 255.255.255.0

Comment

On the vega i used thermal paste artic silver 5... and damn...what a difference

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

oman-nicely handled

Great way in which you handled this (Choosing) your development crew. I am waiting for production, have recently found the enjoyment of programing and development with these mini-pc's. I hope that once R89 is released it will be as much fun as I am having with my RADXA. Waiting Patiently.

Later

Comment

is AP6210 wifi chip the only option or is there another model with 6330 5ghz chip ?

Comment

AW: Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                                is AP6210 wifi chip the only option or is there another model with 6330 5ghz chip ?
                                Thats a good question. 5ghz wifi would be awesome for streaming high bitrate stuff localy...how much more costs the better wifi chip in mass production ?

Comment

Working...
                                X