X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veclinux View Post
    ok I overlooked that made a 4 gig parameter file you can get here:

just flash it with androidtool 1.37

Thanks for the input so far.....................

Cheers,
    Vec
    You do realize you can't actually do that.
    You can change the kernel that way but after the flash you can't update the perimeter file like that without causing a boot failure.
    Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
      You do realize you can't actually do that.
      You can change the kernel that way but after the flash you can't update the perimeter file like that without causing a boot failure.
      just did it worked fine for me

Comment

just did it worked fine for me
        Did you take a look at the size after you did this?

It doesn't cause boot freeze but it doesn't do anything else either as the app stoarge remains 1 gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
          Did you take a look at the size after you did this?

It doesn't cause boot freeze but it doesn't do anything else either as the app stoarge remains 1 gig.
          under android storage says I have 4.45 gb available so something changed

anyways ill do another with this parameter file..................custom recovery I have tried and failed many times on this nobody seems to know the magic with this but i'll keep searching

cheers,
          Vec

Comment

parameter file does not work, unpacked firmware replaced parameter and re packed, stuck on boot screen. Used the parameter from Finless a928 - 4gb which works fine. just under 4gb for apps and 2.2gb storage. still cant get twrp to boot, tried changing the loader to 2.08 which is what came with Finless a928, still stuck on splash screen.
            Last edited by marko33; 08-24-2014, 16:19.

Comment

I think its the many hardware differences between each stick (memory modules and so on) that throw a wrench into the works.

What may work after the fact for one doesn't for the other and even a first flash requires a generic set of code that works across all the sticks.

Normally flash a parameter file after the fact causes a boot freeze.

Noticed location services seems to be missing from the setting even though its on after you check it.Could be i not seeing it as the layouts a bit different.
              Last edited by Magnus33; 08-24-2014, 20:11.

Comment

Hey Vec,

Thanks for the continued updates! One question. I tried to edit the build.prop file in es file explorer so that I could reduce the size of the icons. It would not let me save the edits. Do you have any suggestions on how to save?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pike of the Lake View Post
                  Hey Vec,

Thanks for the continued updates! One question. I tried to edit the build.prop file in es file explorer so that I could reduce the size of the icons. It would not let me save the edits. Do you have any suggestions on how to save?

Thanks!
                  Simpler way is to download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ichanger&hl=en

And change the density from 220 to 160 and you should be good.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try that app when I get home.

Comment

Hi All,
                      I have made a new rom for the MK908ll. This rom is based on a new kitkat source that seems more stable and with better sound output. I noticed with the previous version that sound levels seemed to fluctuate from media stream to media stream. Also some people had various problems with video playback (which never happened to me). This rom has the latest d33 kernel which unlocks your 3188-t chip to a full 1.6 ghz great for you gamers out there. The other changes are as follows:
                      custom wallpaper and bootanimation
                      rooted
                      Added useful apps and deleted marginal apps
                      no version of xbmc included to many good ones out there your choice
                      I did include latest spmc in the package so you can side load (which is my favorite at the moment)
                      there are three kernels in the package that you can flash with androidtool 1.37 (not included) if need be
                      1080p 1.4 ghz
                      720p 1.6 ghz
                      720p stock kernel (1.4 ghz)
                      I did not make these kernels all credit goes to d33 and smic17394 Thanks guys!
                      if you decide to use the 720p kernels you will need to edit the build.prop and change the lcd density to 160 or your icons will be huge (its currently at 240 for 1080p mode)
                      This has been running nicely for me last several weeks so thought I would share.
                      here is the download link: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/vec7/a...-Vector-V4.zip
                      Please leave some feedback like to know if my skills are improving.
                      also if a forum admin sees this post could you allow editing of the first post in this thread so I have all my versions available at the top of the thread...........thnx Vec

OK guys have at it and let me know how it goes
                      Cheers,
                      Vec
                      Vec, I just loaded v4 and I have the same problem with portrait mode not working when set using build.prop.

Comment

Stuck at boot screen

Hi Guys,
                        Well I'm at it again. After my successful debut of my Q7 custom rom decided to try on my MK908II transmart tv stick and it works really well. Again I am a rookie at this so try to bear this in mind. This should work on the mk809iii cx919 and other compatible devices with ap6210 wifi. I found a generic kitkat T010 rom on one of the chinese rom sites I monitor, tried it worked like a charm so here it is with my mods:
                        rooted
                        custom bootsplash
                        kernel patch for vsync (not sure if it needed it)
                        debloated
                        added wifi analyzer reboot Esexplorer and other useful apps
                        added wasser-xbmc found in his latest release v1.0.3 (thanks Wasser!)
                        Few other tweaks I cant remember
                        So give it a try give me some feed back appreciate it
                        firmware_MK908II-kk-20140521-vl.zip
                        Thanks,
                        Vec

;
                        Hi, I've installed this rom and it runs pretty nice, but after a few times working it stuck at boot screen (4 dots), I re-install it three times and after one or two times working it got stuck again. I am using Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 to install the rom. Could you give me any advise?

Comment

tried every version of cwm and twrp i can find - still no joy. even swapped to Quickshot 3.1(minix x7) as it was supposed to install twrp on first boot, still didnt work.(rom works fine btw). on the beta kitkat roms eg Finless 2.0 a928 twrp works fine, non of the non beta roms iv tried have managed to boot into either cwm or twrp on my MK908II.

Comment

Originally posted by Pike of the Lake View Post
                            I tried to edit the build.prop file in es file explorer so that I could reduce the size of the icons. It would not let me save the edits.
                            Mount /system as RW

Comment

Originally posted by dogmai View Post
                              Vec, I just loaded v4 and I have the same problem with portrait mode not working when set using build.prop.

Comment

Originally posted by marko33 View Post
                                parameter file does not work, unpacked firmware replaced parameter and re packed, stuck on boot screen. Used the parameter from Finless a928 - 4gb which works fine. just under 4gb for apps and 2.2gb storage. still cant get twrp to boot, tried changing the loader to 2.08 which is what came with Finless a928, still stuck on splash screen.
                                Did likewise myself without issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X