Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
    Did you flash the TWRP?
    I have only used CWM in the past but I thought TWRP is the same installation. I used Finless tool and chose and checkbox'd the TWRP img file. I then used QuickBoot app to reboot to recovery and reboot to bootloader. Both were unsuccessful.

Comment

Thx @Magnus33 installed your version of the rom last night...so far seems quite stable. Will test some apps and need to read thru d33 thread and update to 1080p kernel for mk908ii. Main function will be running xbmc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

twrp doesnot work..

Comment

List the devices your devices folks it seems the recovery with this rom is very device specific.

I can get it working fine on my MK802IV without issue but have had no time to test on others.
          Unfortunately i have little time to mess with this now to a major health concern.
          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

I'll give twrp a try and report back...I have the T version of the mk908ii. Hope you feel better soon M33.

Comment

Twrp not working for me either MK908II, although I'm running a different rom at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Geetek View Post
                I'll give twrp a try and report back...I have the T version of the mk908ii. Hope you feel better soon M33.

Unfortunately it seems iam looking at early onset parkinson's so better isn't too likely.
                Still with treatment i should be more or less normal and its early in it for me.

The generic nature of this rom and the fact that its made up of both 720p elements and 1080p before veclinux ever modded it makes the recovery issue tricky.

Have to see if i can fix the normal recovery it be much easier to include in the rom.

I sporting a major mad on for obvious reasons so sleep not coming so all check on it tonight.

Comment

@veclinux @magnus33

Thanks both for this! I've since upgraded to a NEO X8-H but was about to lend the MK908ii to a friend and saw this. It's working great so far, seems much more stable than Finless 1.5 which would crash a couple of times per day.

One minor issue. Is there any way to turn off the click sounds? Turning off keypress sounds in keyboards doesn't do anything.

Comment

is this the latest/best ROM available for the MK908ii ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Temporel View Post
                      is this the latest/best ROM available for the MK908ii ?
                      I am not a power user, but veclinux's last release, plus magnus33's tweaks (post 112), is stable and has way more power than I can use. Before this, I was ready to go back to J/B. Thanks very much for all the work to get things right.

Comment

Unfortunately, had a lockup while rom was running, then got hit by bug where prompt comes up for password to decrypt storage at boot up. Trying out QS3.1 + d33 kernel for time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Geetek View Post
                          Unfortunately, had a lockup while rom was running, then got hit by bug where prompt comes up for password to decrypt storage at boot up. Trying out QS3.1 + d33 kernel for time being.

That sounds less rom and more a hardware failure.

The memeory format is the same as all others so there should be no difference between roms.

Oh for recovery i would suggest matching twrp to the size of the kernel.
                          With this rom there seems to be a issue with this.

Comment

Thanks @M33. I'll give your suggestion a try. This ROM does work perfectly and appreciate your added mod. Have a nice day.

Comment

Anyone tried it on Tronsmart T428 and is it possible to flash it on a windows 8.1?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooberdanje View Post
                                Anyone tried it on Tronsmart T428 and is it possible to flash it on a windows 8.1?
                                Basically the same hardware so it should run fine.

I uploaded the drive installer for 8.1 a minute ago so install that and things should flash normally.

Comment

Working...
                                X