NEW-MK908II and similar devices CUSTOM KITKAT ROM by VECLINUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to Flash

I like to test this ROM, but I am without a PC, how flash this in this situation?. I have a linux running from sdcard booting from reovery.

Comment

Re: NEW-MK908II and similar devices CUSTOM KITKAT ROM by VECLINUX

Originally posted by Modo View Post
      I'm out of ideas, this time it broke after I installed xbmc and started it with the addons I want. One final manual device reboot using the android menu to make sure everything was still dandy put the device again in the spinning circle state.

I will now just use the Wasser XBMC (?) installation that comes with the rom and hope it doesn't fail on me before reaching the point where I don't need to reboot the device ever again (or until there is some kind of a fix/workaround)
      Don't think xbmc is to blame. Might be a Rom or kernel issue. Did you flash a custom kernel?

Comment

I think its mors likely a hardware issue, if it was rom or kernel related, there would be more users complaining

Comment

Originally posted by FadeFx View Post
          I think its mors likely a hardware issue, if it was rom or kernel related, there would be more users complaining
          I have it too

Comment

Ah, ok... this makes a totally different picture

Comment

Ah, ok... this makes a totally different picture
              Might be the same hardware issue could be failing nands as this sounds like the same sort of symptoms a pc has with a failing hard drive. But who knows the chinese interchange parts on these devices everytime they can save a few pennies so it just might be you guys got something different from the same batch run. My device has been running for months on this rom and hard as I have tried cannot duplicate the problem...................

Cheers,
              Vec

Comment

Originally posted by veclinux View Post
                Might be the same hardware issue could be failing nands as this sounds like the same sort of symptoms a pc has with a failing hard drive. But who knows the chinese interchange parts on these devices everytime they can save a few pennies so it just might be you guys got something different from the same batch run. My device has been running for months on this rom and hard as I have tried cannot duplicate the problem...................

Cheers,
                Vec
                I've had the device for about a year now and this issue has only started since moving to this Rom. But as you say these are made quite cheaply and I move mine around a lot so very possible the power port has been damaged or something .

I might try flash finless later and see if the problem persists.

I do love this Rom so hope I can resolve

Comment

I am the only one that feels that video playes smoother in finless 1.6 1080p than V4 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post
                    Don't think xbmc is to blame. Might be a Rom or kernel issue. Did you flash a custom kernel?
                    I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to custom software. I know how to follow a guide to install another rom but that's pretty much it. I did install the finless roms 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6 all at 720p and 1080p (to try if my device could run a 1080p config smoothly), and this one time I switched parameters to increase storage. So now you can tell me if I flashed a custom kernel?

All streams on XBMC were very slow so I always kept an eye out for other roms. This one amazed me on that matter so I will just keep trying to use it . If I need to reflash the device every week I will probably switch back and await another update/rom to try out.

Originally posted by veclinux View Post

Cheers,
                    Vec
                    If I can be of any help Vec let me know. I have no clue what the problem can be. I'm also trying to find a consistent problem to reproduce but I can't figure it out.

Because the Wasser XBMC installation wasn't running the add ons I liked I again installed the latest XBMC from their site and got everything configured. When rebooting the device I was expecting the problem but it just continued booting and we're using the device without problems.

I've had the device for about a year now and this issue has only started since moving to this Rom. But as you say these are made quite cheaply and I move mine around a lot so very possible the power port has been damaged or something .

I might try flash finless later and see if the problem persists.

I do love this Rom so hope I can resolve
                    I also have this device about a year now and I don't think that I destroyed something (yet) as I only keep it on my main TV but as you said it's just cheap electronics so who knows

I have already tried going back to the finless rom and the issues were gone, but so were the 720p smooth streams so I switched back after 2 weeks

Cheers guys!
                    Last edited by Modo; 10-17-2014, 16:38. Reason: Format improvements

Comment

Well I'm back in action lads!

Was an issue with the power cable or port. To fix, i used my Galaxy S5 phone charger in the OTG port and now it's running as well as ever. Very happy.

Comment

Well I'm back in action lads!

Was an issue with the power cable or port. To fix, i used my Galaxy S5 phone charger in the OTG port and now it's running as well as ever. Very happy.
                        That's awesome mate enjoy

When I have that issue again I too will try a genuine power charger. I only have cheap Chinese usb-power adapters to spare right now but it's worth to take a shot with my apple adapter.

Comment

AW: NEW-MK908II and similar devices CUSTOM KITKAT ROM by VECLINUX

Originally posted by Modo View Post
                          That's awesome mate enjoy

When I have that issue again I too will try a genuine power charger. I only have cheap Chinese usb-power adapters to spare right now but it's worth to take a shot with my apple adapter.
                          But be aware that not all adapters will deliver the 2000ma you need...

Comment

Hmm good point, the apple adapter only delivers 1000ma if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to buy a branded adapter online when needed. It's worth the try if it's not too expensive

Comment

Yeah I compared the labels on both and saw my Samsung one was more powerful so thought it might help.

Comment

I have noticed the cheaper ones burn out i had one up and die on me.

If the power port is borked you can still power it from the otg port on the side.
                                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Working...
                                X