Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! + status update?

It is through your ROM that I was able to not only revive my daughter's unbootable tablet but also make it better! Three cheers to you, good sir.

I read through the entire thread before going ahead with the installation, so at this point I'm wondering if those patches for partition controls are forthcoming or if that part of the plans was sidelined / abandoned. It's not exactly a mission-critical feature in my case but would sure be useful.

But regardless, thank you for developing this ROM and making it available to us!

Comment

Originally posted by corphis View Post
      It is through your ROM that I was able to not only revive my daughter's unbootable tablet but also make it better! Three cheers to you, good sir.

I read through the entire thread before going ahead with the installation, so at this point I'm wondering if those patches for partition controls are forthcoming or if that part of the plans was sidelined / abandoned. It's not exactly a mission-critical feature in my case but would sure be useful.

But regardless, thank you for developing this ROM and making it available to us!
      The patches are still coming... I just haven't completed testing to yet...

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

How are the patches coming along? Ik you are busy and wanted to check up on it

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
          How are the patches coming along? Ik you are busy and wanted to check up on it
          Still troubleshooting the install scripts...

Right now, reformatting the new /data and /sdcard partitions with the new sizes is not working consistently. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails...

Worse... restoring the the /system and /metadata partitions isn't working correctly. It appears to work successfully, but then the partitions won't mount...

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Can't have that at all. Script problems right?

Comment

Can't have that at all. Script problems right?
              Yeah... the same steps work when I do then manually using the TWRP UI, they just don't work when I script them...

Not sure why the reformat is inconsistent, but I'm guessing the other problem is related to the way the backups are scripted. I need to create a backup with the UI, then backup the same partition with my script and compare the output files...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

That might be the way to go

Comment

how is the next build of twrp going. plus did you check on your scripts to see why they arent being applied?

Comment

well have you compiled a rom for this tablet yet, or are you still gonna use stock based roms
                    I haven't had time to work on anything for a few days... I had a presentation to prepare for work this week and I'm trying to complete a final paper for school.

I probably won't be able to work on anything else until maybe this weekend.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Oh darn well can't be helped

Comment

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i had a question regarding root.. i have the NX785QC8G running stock JB 4.2.2 but i have no computer to use for rooting with Kingo or anything else. I know that Shaun has made a custom ROM pre-rooted, but what i wanted to know is if there was a way to install a custom recovery (for making nandroid backups) and root the device WITHOUT a PC. i'm not looking to install the custom ROM, i just want root on the stock JB. is there any way to accomplish this without a computer right now? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Of you have root with SuperSU installed and working. I would get an app like flashify. That will let you flash a recovery image without a computer

Comment

no I don't have root, that was my question, if there was a way to get root without a PC and without flashing a custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by cpshelley View Post
                              not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i had a question regarding root.. i have the NX785QC8G running stock JB 4.2.2 but i have no computer to use for rooting with Kingo or anything else. I know that Shaun has made a custom ROM pre-rooted, but what i wanted to know is if there was a way to install a custom recovery (for making nandroid backups) and root the device WITHOUT a PC. i'm not looking to install the custom ROM, i just want root on the stock JB. is there any way to accomplish this without a computer right now? any help would be greatly appreciated.
                              You can't properly root KitKat ROMs without customizing the ROM because rooting KitKat requires changes to the boot.img.

The pre-rooted ROM I made does not require a PC to install. It is a modified copy of the official update from Nextbook and it can be installed using the stock recovery on the device.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

yeah I'm not looking to root KitKat I just want to know if there's a way to root stock JB 4.2.2 without a PC and without flaing e custom ROM.

Comment

Working...
                                X