Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
    hmm you may have to pull some files from the tablet and then put those files into the coding
    Correct
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

since this is an unsupported device for omnirom that wil be difficult. you use ubuntu right

Comment

since this is an unsupported device for omnirom that wil be difficult. you use ubuntu right
        That's kind of the point I was making. I'm creating a device tree mostly from scratch. Which means I have to do the dirty work of manually swapping files and retesting until I figure out which parts can be compiled and which parts need to be replaced with stock binary files, and then I have to add them to the device tree and update the code to use to them.

Yes, I do all my dev work in ubuntu these days. I don't even remember the last time I rebooted my dev kit into windows.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

is there a similar device on github that may use this tablets layout

Comment

is there a similar device on github that may use this tablets layout
            I haven't seen any that looked good. A few TV boxes and that's about it.

Tablet's are quite a bit different than TV boxes.

The good news is that I've ported some ROMs before, so I know what a lot of the files are and what they do.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

awesome. hopefully omnirom can be formatted to our device.

Comment

Shaunmt I'm familiar with the flash tool. If you would like me to test twrp for you I'm willing. Can send link to a pm here if you want or email me.

Comment

Well its time to test your twrp recovery. What do you need tested so that it can be functional for flashing roms

Comment

is twrp finished? if so ill test it.

Comment

is twrp finished? if so ill test it.
                      I've got a new and hopefully final version compiling... I'll PM link to you and a few other testers sometime today.

I also put together an update.zip that you can use for testing which just flashes back to stock recovery.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

thanks

Comment

Battery issue follow-up

For those that have removed the back cover, and re-seated the battery connection...

Is your experience good now? No more abrupt shutdowns? Do you actually get a 'low battery' warning and a chance to plug it in?

Have tried to remove my back cover, but no luck. Doesn't seem to want to pop off, and don't want to apply too much pressure and ruin the screen...... Just wondering if it's worth it to keep trying....

Thanks.

Comment

For those that have removed the back cover, and re-seated the battery connection...

Is your experience good now?
                            YES

No more abrupt shutdowns?
                            YES

Do you actually get a 'low battery' warning and a chance to plug it in?
                            YES

Have tried to remove my back cover, but no luck. Doesn't seem to want to pop off, and don't want to apply too much pressure and ruin the screen...... Just wondering if it's worth it to keep trying....
                            It was NOT easy to get off the first time... but I got it off without breaking any tabs and it goes back on correctly and is easier to remove again if necessary...

I would NOT recommend using any tools to remove it... I used my thumbnail... which gave me better sense of how much pressure was being applied... however, I DID bend the edges of of the front bezel a little bit in the process and also separated the edge band that goes around the front bezel in one spot... these are VERY minor cosmetic blemishes that I can easily live with.
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Where would you recommend starting to take the back cover off? Is there an easier place to start than others?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
                                Where would you recommend starting to take the back cover off? Is there an easier place to start than others?
                                Make sure you remove your external SD card first!!!!!

Its probably easiest to start in the middle of one of the long sides and get some of the tabs to loosen / pop...

Then the short sides...

The corners are the hardest... you'll want to work from the middle of side towards a corner, until you can slide around the corner...

If you get all the tabs to pop, the cover will simply fall off... more likely you'll get 2 or 3 corners and sides loose and gently pull until the rest pops...

Don't forget that the speaker is attached to the rear cover, but wired to the main board which is attached to the LCD/front bezel.... you don't want to break the speaker wire unless you've got some basic soldering skill to reattach it...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X