Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i see. ill look for that. but for now ill be careful on the foil and wires

Comment

So far trying to burn this battery out. Lol having difficulties. But that means this tablet is worth the $100. Great tablet this is. Sure there are reboots but due to the battery fix this tablet lasts very long. Started at 6:00 and for 12 hrs. Its at 54%. Loving this more now. Calibrated it at 100% at proper proper level and this tablet runs like clockwork.

Comment

Any chance anyone can post pictures of the battery plug reattach process? I want to fix it, but I want to make sure I do it right without breaking anything.

Comment

What I did was unplug the part that plugs into the board. Replug it in securely and make sure it is plugged in firmly. Also there is a gap where the wires are. You will see it.. You have to put something in that gap so that it doesn't move at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
            So far trying to burn this battery out. Lol having difficulties. But that means this tablet is worth the $100. Great tablet this is. Sure there are reboots but due to the battery fix this tablet lasts very long. Started at 6:00 and for 12 hrs. Its at 54%. Loving this more now. Calibrated it at 100% at proper proper level and this tablet runs like clockwork.
            Streaming video like Netflix will run the battery down in 2 to 4 hours... not bad for a budget tablet.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

What I did was unplug the part that plugs into the board. Replug it in securely and make sure it is plugged in firmly. Also there is a gap where the wires are. You will see it.. You have to put something in that gap so that it doesn't move at all.
              ^ What he said ^
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

i used youtube and streamed media from there. small problems like rebooting on its own but i figured the tablet is hot. so i make sure things are at a low and my screen ontime is set to 30sec. to a minute. but yeah things work now. and no force shutdown thank goodness

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                  ^ What he said ^
                  I'm talking about the whole process starting from separating the screen from the rest of the unit to get at the battery. I just don't want to damage anything. I'm a visual person, so a video or pictures help me far more than directions.

Comment

look at the sides of the tablet. the sides you can put a tool there and try and pry it apart. be careful and do that extra slow. shaunmt broke his screen and had to soldier his speaker back in. be careful on that. and move slow and eventually it will pry itself loose.

Comment

so how is twrp coming along? along with a custom rom

Comment

so how is twrp coming along? along with a custom rom
                        Still trying to figure out why updsate.zip installs aren't working. Backup and restore work, so I suspect it's something in the way update.zip packages are processed, but I've been too busy with work and school the past few days to test any further code modifications.

I have successfully compiled a full OmniRom build, but I haven't even attempted to test it because I haven't yet tweaked it to support our various hardware components (lcd screen, touch digitizer, GPU, WiFi, Rotation Sensor, etc...). I'll work on it more after I get TWRP installs working.

Assuming I get OmniRom working, I'll switch the codebase to CyanogenMod and try it next.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

thats great that the rom is built. hmmthe update.zip is used for what exactly? and also when omnirom is formatted to our devices thatll be all we need since we really dont use an update.zip to flash a rom.

Comment

thats great that the rom is built. hmmthe update.zip is used for what exactly? and also when omnirom is formatted to our devices thatll be all we need since we really dont use an update.zip to flash a rom.
                            When TWRP is finished, the update.zip will be used for installing ROMs or patches, etc...

TWRP doesn't support the rkimage update.img format and I don't want to provide user support for the various PC rockchip flashing tools.

I was going to port the rkimage update.img flashing feature from the stock rockchip source code, but it doesn't work correctly even in the stock ROM and it's not worth the time to fix it. Getting the TWRP update.zip format to work will be easier and provide greater flexibility in what we are able to install.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

now i see. that makes sense

Comment

Re: Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Here is mine open all connections seem in place. Not sure where to check if its lose though. Or where to put plastic to keep it from becoming so

Comment

Working...
                                X