Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) Official Firmware Update Is Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
    good news. the battery calibration did work. but only for standby time. usually the tablet would have cut off by now within an hour on 10% energy. its still running which is good.
    That is good news.

Can you detail what steps you took, and also follow up again later to advise if the problems return?

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
      good news. the battery calibration did work. but only for standby time. usually the tablet would have cut off by now within an hour on 10% energy. its still running which is good.
      Interesting, I haven't been able to fine a battery calibration app that looked promising, and I must have tried 5 or 6 different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
        Interesting, I haven't been able to fine a battery calibration app that looked promising, and I must have tried 5 or 6 different ones.
        I use battery calibration. It has a look of Andy the android. I at first calibrated at low battery then let it run out. Then I calibrated at 100% and it saved me a good bit of battery during standby when normally it would have cut off. For me it had died at around 20-25% battery. I'll keep more watch and inform on everything that's happening

Comment

Possible Battery Solution: Check the battery cable connection inside the tablet

While on vacation, I was forced to use my tablet to do college course work because I forgot my laptap power cord...

My tablet would turn on or charge properly. Normally, I have to reboot to recovery and factory reset or wipe data & cache, but at the time, I had a non-bootable test copy of TWRP installed... I couldn't reflash because my laptop was dead also...

In frustration and desperation, I carefully popped the back cover off the tablet and guess what I found... the battery cable was not firmly plugged in... I unplugged it, plugged it back in firmly and completely... and my batter has seemed normal ever since!

It charges quickly and no longer sticks at 100% before the battery level starts draining at a what I consider a normal rate. I'm still testing draining the battery until shutoff and recharging from that point... I will update results again later.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Is it possible to run firefox os on this tablet or is it not able to.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanP89 View Post
              Is it possible to run firefox os on this tablet or is it not able to.
              I don't know anything about firefox os, but, assuming it is technically possible, I would guess that it would require a bit of development work...

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                While on vacation, I was forced to use my tablet to do college course work because I forgot my laptap power cord...

My tablet would turn on or charge properly. Normally, I have to reboot to recovery and factory reset or wipe data & cache, but at the time, I had a non-bootable test copy of TWRP installed... I couldn't reflash because my laptop was dead also...

In frustration and desperation, I carefully popped the back cover off the tablet and guess what I found... the battery cable was not firmly plugged in... I unplugged it, plugged it back in firmly and completely... and my batter has seemed normal ever since!

It charges quickly and no longer sticks at 100% before the battery level starts draining at a what I consider a normal rate. I'm still testing draining the battery until shutoff and recharging from that point... I will update results again later.

ShaunMT
                I sure would like to know how you removed the back of your tablet, for the life of me I cannot see how to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman9871 View Post
                  I sure would like to know how you removed the back of your tablet, for the life of me I cannot see how to remove it.
                  There is a crack around the side between the front bezel and the rest of the case... it's very tight, but I managed to wedge a thumbnail in there and slide it around until all the tabs popped...

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I don't know anything about firefox os, but, assuming it is technically possible, I would guess that it would require a bit of development work...

ShaunMT

I was going to try to install it but adb don't recognize the nextbook and the drivers are installed correctly, frustrating.

Comment

Bluetooth dongle?

Has anyone tried to use a Bluetooth dongle with this tablet? I was looking to pick up this to play games, but it's bluetooth only.

Comment

Has anyone tried to use a Bluetooth dongle with this tablet? I was looking to pick up this to play games, but it's bluetooth only.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...017356150.html
                        I don't own a BT dongle to test, but I don't it think it work on the current ROMs.

It might be possible to add support for one in a future ROM.

If anyone is able to test one, let me know.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I don't own a BT dongle to test, but I don't it think it work on the current ROMs.

It might be possible to add support for one in a future ROM.

If anyone is able to test one, let me know.

ShaunMT
                          Is that something that could be added semi easily? Or would that take some work?

Comment

Is that something that could be added semi easily? Or would that take some work?
                            I'm not sure, but I think it is just a matter of adding a compatible driver. I think Oma might have bluetooth dongle support in his ROM.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I looked on Oma's forum thread, but can't seem to find info either way. Adding bluetooth support to this tablet would be a huge plus. I understand you have other fish to fry tho, like larger data partition, TWRP, etc. Anyway, how is all that coming?

Comment

I looked on Oma's forum thread, but can't seem to find info either way. Adding bluetooth support to this tablet would be a huge plus. I understand you have other fish to fry tho, like larger data partition, TWRP, etc. Anyway, how is all that coming?
                                Compiling TWRP at present... almost have all the normal TWRP features working...

Still need to work on porting rockchip .img update features. (Need this to simplify process of changing partition sizes)

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X