X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to try the hot glue low temp

Comment

Originally posted by Perfectpitch View Post

Here is mine open all connections seem in place. Not sure where to check if its lose though. Or where to put plastic to keep it from becoming so
      you check the battery connection. me and shaunmt unplugged the connection to the port where the battery connector is and replugged in and we made sure that it was securely attached. the gap is where the wires are. below the wires is a decent gap. when force is used the connections will be forced loose a little. the gap is the reason why it comes loose. by putting something underneath those wires will help a good bit. it already helped me and i have no problems with my nextbook atm.

Comment

you still having problems shaunmt with twrp?

Comment

Originally posted by mel4787 View Post
          you still having problems shaunmt with twrp?
          I think I've got it mostly worked out.

It wasn't a problem with TWRP after all... I just wasn't preparing my update.zip files correctly for KitKat.

I'm back to scripting and testing the actual update process. It's still a multiple step update process, but I'm trying to automate it so the users can download a single zip, flash and be done.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hmm I'll test this first file of twrp.

Comment

Hmm I'll test this first file of twrp.
              I think TWRP is ready for testing...

Do you know how to use any of the rockchip PC flashing tools?

That is one of my personal requirements for testers this time around. I just don't have time to hold anyone's hand and help them unbrick a tablet if something goes horribly wrong. Anyone who knows how to use the PC flash tools can easily unbrick their own tablet.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

its a natural thing with me. so yes ik how to use it. what do you want me to test with it. since this recovery is new to me i am partial to philz recovery but i will test anything out

Comment

its a natural thing with me. so yes ik how to use it. what do you want me to test with it. since this recovery is new to me i am partial to philz recovery but i will test anything out
                  Remind me tomorrow and I'll upload a copy and PM you a link.

Everything seems to work, so you'll be able to try out any and all features. I've even made it possible to back up and restore every partition on the device.

It might be hard to find a compatible update.zip to flash though... older update.zip files won't work with KitKat. They have to have new update-binary and updater-scripts in them.

Maybe I'll find time to package an update.img so you can flash TWRP from stock recovery and then an update.zip so you can flash back to stock recovery from TWRP.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

ok. think you can get omnirom up and running as well

Comment

ok. think you can get omnirom up and running as well
                      It will probably be awhile yet for OmniRom.

I've compiled it, but I still have to figure out which drivers and libraries need to be pulled out of the stock ROM to make all of our hardware work. I'm guessing, it will take a lot of trial and error...

I haven't even attempted to install or boot it yet.

Once I do get it stable, it should be easier to switch the code base and compile a different ROM.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

there is a way to get the drivers and such pulled from the device

Comment

there is a way to get the drivers and such pulled from the device
                          Heh.... manually pick and choose from the /system folder...

or the boot.img, depending on where different things are located...

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

lol. since its built what did you use to build it

Comment

lol. since its built what did you use to build it
                              Just a default build of whatever comes in the Omni source code... which means it probably built some drivers and libraries that won't be compatible and there are probably others that are missing entirely...

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

hmm you may have to pull some files from the tablet and then put those files into the coding

Comment

Working...
                                X