This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stana View Post
    Big thanks to JustMe for all his hard work. I have tried all the roms on this site and found this version the best. The only thing that I find with this rom is that the blue light stays on when in standby. Other than that all is good. Keep up the good work JustMe.
    It shouldnt from feedback I recieved
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Any information on why this rom isn't able to write to SD and only udisk? I really would like to use Link2SD.

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
        It shouldnt from feedback I recieved
        I first tried to flash the update from the update app and after the update it froze on the minix screen.
        I then used the toothpick method and it booted up fine.
        I tried to power off with the remote and the blue light stayed on.
        I then tried with the power off app and the blue light stayed on.
        The box does go to sleep and come out of sleep with the remote but the blue light on while in sleep does my head in so I have to unplug the box.
        Your 1.3 rom was great with very good network speeds.
        1.4 had slower network speeds according to ookla.
        1.5 has good speeds and seems alround faster.
        I still have 1.5 on the box so when I get home I will do a factory reset and see if that cures the stanby light.
        If not I may go back to 1.3.
        Just wondered if any of the other members were having the same problem.
        Keep up the good work it is much appreciated.
        Last edited by stana; 12-03-2014, 12:55.

Comment

I Want

I congratulate, your ROM is much more stable and could be what we all seek, stability.
          You've achieved with this rom, certain applications are displayed in full screen. Example, Show box (when the movie was shown, the screen was not complete), another is youtube tv amazon fire.

Missing a good rom:
          1) Stability, continuous improvement, improve internal player (nobody pays any attention, some application does not use external player).

2) Youtube 1080p
          3) Hulu 1080p

4) Google play music, not work, your last update with any rom amlogic m8, closes. I'm using the version of November 17, 2014

5) Little more HD

Comment

Originally posted by axionflow View Post
            I congratulate, your ROM is much more stable and could be what we all seek, stability.
            You've achieved with this rom, certain applications are displayed in full screen. Example, Show box (when the movie was shown, the screen was not complete), another is youtube tv amazon fire.

Missing a good rom:
            1) Stability, continuous improvement, improve internal player (nobody pays any attention, some application does not use external player).

2) Youtube 1080p
            3) Hulu 1080p

4) Google play music, not work, your last update with any rom amlogic m8, closes. I'm using the version of November 17, 2014

5) Little more HD
            What????? Google translate at work again
            M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
            JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

feedback...

I am finding that when i turn off the tv and then turn it on again sometime later i am not getting any hdmi signal and have to unplug and plug back in the m8 to get a picture back on. Could this be my box or a possible bug?

Comment

Originally posted by skratch View Post
                I am finding that when i turn off the tv and then turn it on again sometime later i am not getting any hdmi signal and have to unplug and plug back in the m8 to get a picture back on. Could this be my box or a possible bug?
                yeah not sure my sister has not had any issues as such on original m8 box, so not really sure to as why, can you try it on another tv as a point of elimination?

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

yeah not sure my sister has not had any issues as such on original m8 box, so not really sure to as why, can you try it on another tv as a point of elimination?
                  I am using a hdmi splitter so not to get on the wives nerve when she is watching her tv hah so i will try with a signal hdmi.

Comment

Originally posted by skratch View Post
                    I am using a hdmi splitter so not to get on the wives nerve when she is watching her tv hah so i will try with a signal hdmi.
                    yes some of those spiltters do have issues, i remember about 1 year ago i had similar issue with another box

JustMe

Comment

@ JustMe
                      I tried again last night but still the blue light stayed on in standby.
                      I then reloaded 1.3 and the problem still persists.
                      Is there anything in the firmware that would cause this or has the box become faulty with all the firmware flashing.
                      I also tried installing the wakemeupscottie app but still the blue light stayed on.
                      Would it help if I installed the original firmware first then installed 1.4 ?
                      Regards
                      stana

Comment

Originally posted by stana View Post
                        @ JustMe
                        I tried again last night but still the blue light stayed on in standby.
                        I then reloaded 1.3 and the problem still persists.
                        Is there anything in the firmware that would cause this or has the box become faulty with all the firmware flashing.
                        I also tried installing the wakemeupscottie app but still the blue light stayed on.
                        Would it help if I installed the original firmware first then installed 1.4 ?
                        Regards
                        stana
                        what box we talking about? no issues with m8

JustMe

Comment

what box we talking about? no issues with m8
                          From what I have seen on this site I have an original M8.

M9&M8 V0.92 with Samsung memory chips.

It was ok with version 1.3 on but after I flashed 1.5 the blue light stays on.
                          I may try to put the original firmware back on to see if that cures the problem.
                          Cheers for the support.
                          The latest 1.5 is an excellent rom and if I cure this problem I will put it back on.
                          Keep up the great work. If I knew how to port the roms I would try to solve it myself.
                          Also would try to work out why the ps3 controller does not work over bluetooth.
                          Regards
                          stana

Comment

Airplay and simultaneous audio over HDMI and SPDIF

Hi, first of all. This 1.5 rom is awesome. Run fast, smooth and solid. I've tried almost every recent rom out there and you're 1.4 and 1.5 are the best. Blue led goes out nicely and waking the box up by pressing the remote power button actually works

I also have a couple of questions and maybe someone can help me out. In previous rom versions I was able to send audio over SPDIF and HDMI or PCM simultaneously. In this version I'm can only select one of these three and not two at the same time. Any ideas?

Also the airplay function works but I'm not able to stream audio from my Iphone to the box. The box is visible and I'm able to select it but when the stream starts it disconnects. When I use the airplay function within XBMC it works perfectly. I haven't had this issue in older rom versions. Could it be because of the stock audio player missing?

Comment

hi. after updating to 1.4, i can't go into recovery mode anymore.

so, toothpick update is not working.

tried the update app and it recognizes the file inside SD, but when i click update, it just reboots.

any solution to this problem? how can i change it to 1.5?

thanks!

Comment

Mouse Pointer

How change the mouse pointer, maybe for the original?

Comment

Working...
                                X