Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fecking m8 is dead!!! Debating to get another M8 if not for the great roms that JustMe does.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Brick/Loop Problems

Hi Guys,
      Was enjoying 1.5 very much but decided to test out 1.6. I copied over all the required files and rebooted using the toothpick mode. Here is the point everything went downhill.

I get the following error: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s38/s...f564edccd8bb03

Not to big of a problem, I just used the update from EXT to install the zip. Installation goes without problems with the final message `install from udisk complete`. I reboot the system and now it just reboots back into recovery ever time. I also did a factory reset, rebooted, same happened.

Decided to go back to 1.5 and again `install from udisk complete`. This time when I reboot I get till the MINX screen but their it keeps unchanged for 10+min.

Also tried to install Finless 1.8 and the same happens again. It gets tuck at the animation before it should go to the launcher.

What can I do? Should I try an other recovery.img? If so, where to find it? Currently use recovery of 1.6 version, no recovery in the 1.5v2 download

Really hope it isn't a brick, is my first android box and just got it 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo925 View Post
        Hi Guys,
        Was enjoying 1.5 very much but decided to test out 1.6. I copied over all the required files and rebooted using the toothpick mode. Here is the point everything went downhill.

I get the following error: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s38/s...f564edccd8bb03

Not to big of a problem, I just used the update from EXT to install the zip. Installation goes without problems with the final message `install from udisk complete`. I reboot the system and now it just reboots back into recovery ever time. I also did a factory reset, rebooted, same happened.

Decided to go back to 1.5 and again `install from udisk complete`. This time when I reboot I get till the MINX screen but their it keeps unchanged for 10+min.

Also tried to install Finless 1.8 and the same happens again. It gets tuck at the animation before it should go to the launcher.

What can I do? Should I try an other recovery.img? If so, where to find it? Currently use recovery of 1.6 version, no recovery in the 1.5v2 download

Really hope it isn't a brick, is my first android box and just got it 2 weeks ago.
        I just had the same problem. I didn't have to open the box I just used the USB burning tool the Probox2 img. and it started up. Once probox2 is installed flash your favorite rom with sd card. See posts #5 and #9 for links. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by goodhur View Post
          I just had the same problem. I didn't have to open the box I just used the USB burning tool the Probox2 img. and it started up. Once probox2 is installed flash your favorite rom with sd card. See posts #5 and #9 for links. Good luck
          http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...our-M8-M8N-H8M
          Thanks for the tip, decided to trie something else before buying the required usb cable and got it working

I put the 1.6 version on booth a usb and an sd card. Went into recovery and installed from USB, did a factory whipe and rebooted. At this point installation went again straight to recovery again, but this time it did the installation directly from the SD card. Booted again and after couple minutes was greeted with XBMC.

All seems to work including netflix so quite happy with the new build

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo925 View Post
            Thanks for the tip, decided to trie something else before buying the required usb cable and got it working

I put the 1.6 version on booth a usb and an sd card. Went into recovery and installed from USB, did a factory whipe and rebooted. At this point installation went again straight to recovery again, but this time it did the installation directly from the SD card. Booted again and after couple minutes was greeted with XBMC.

All seems to work including netflix so quite happy with the new build
            I personally never had issues with Netflix not working. But with the 1.5 rom, I just used finless's bluid.prop (that was using the first thing I do). It allows Google Play Movies to play properly. I didn't try Netflix on 1.6. Does it do resolutions over for 480p?

Comment

I personally never had issues with Netflix not working. But with the 1.5 rom, I just used finless's bluid.prop (that was using the first thing I do). It allows Google Play Movies to play properly. I didn't try Netflix on 1.6. Does it do resolutions over for 480p?
              Any way to check the resolution of the video playing trough the app? XBMC is

Streaming does look sharper then other 480p of shows rips I have tested. If I had to guess I think it is running at 720p with a decent bitrate (or 480p with a high one). Does take around 2-3 minutes to reach this quality due to the netflix automatic scaling.

Comment

Sqaure M8 JustMe Roms 20140901 Till Date

This video gives you the resolution:
                An example of 23.976 frames per second. An example of 23.976 frames per second. An example of 23.976 frames per second.

The video is a little bizarre after the fountain. I'm guessing that it is still just for 480p. Almost pooed myself thinking miracle happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This video gives you the resolution:
                  An example of 23.976 frames per second. An example of 23.976 frames per second. An example of 23.976 frames per second.

The video is a little bizarre after the fountain. I'm guessing that it is still just for 480p. Almost pooed myself thinking miracle happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  As you guessed still not higher as 480p. Bitrate still goes upto 1750kbps which isn't to bad for 480p.

To bad because this seems like a limitation by netflix. My Nexus 5 also doensn't go beyond this.

Comment

cant find what I am looking for

Looking for link to your version 6b or would like to find what my box originally had k0t49h.20141101.v0823testkeys if you know where to fin either would be muchly appreciated

Comment

Sorry I got reading and see it has been delayed
                      Anyway all I am looking for is somthing to stop box from shutting down the ethernet on the box
                      It worked good when I got it 3 days ago but like most idiots I wanted to update the firmware and my backup got corrupted so
                      Say is there a way to clone from one box to another

Comment

stop sending me useless pm about xbmc

For anyone that has used my roms, I do not include xbmc addons.

So please stop choking my pm with xbmc related issue or addons.

from bit of reading and research which 99.9% of you can do you will see tip stay with spmc 13.4.0 or gotham 13.2, or what's in my roms this will resolve 95% of your issues.

this is final. xbmc/kodi repo related issues contact the dev who created them nothing to do with me or this forum
                        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by azerty1 View Post
                          =>
                          Commands needed:
                          You can also add "Android Apps" to the main menu by adding.

ActivateWindow(10001,"androidapp://*source/apps/",return)
                          where do you enter this command please?

Comment

Originally Posted by azerty1=>
                            Commands needed:
                            You can also add "Android Apps" to the main menu by adding.

ActivateWindow(10001,"androidapp://*source/apps/",return)

Originally posted by sparkymark79 View Post
                            where do you enter this command please?
                            I too would love to know this... does this mean I can add the apps from android apps section to my program addons section and in xunity add android programs to my programs skintegrate section?? if so that would be BADASS WICKED!!

Comment

Easiest way is via the guisettings.xml file. Or if your using a skin that uses the skin shortcuts script you can use the command in the skin settings (aeon Nox is one such skin that uses this). If you have a skin that doesn't use that script then you can just add custom menus as normal then open your guisettings.XML and replace whatever you've added with the command above. This isn't really the right thread for this as it's way off topic but if you want to discuss more I'll happily go through it with you on totalxbmc

Comment

justme 1.6c

any eta on justme 1.6c?/ 1.6b is working fine on mine just wonder what changes or fixes or tweaks are added to 1.6c?thank you @justme great work,as usual revivng the M8 OR m8n ..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..

Comment

Working...
                                X