No announcement yet.

Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to try this on my MXiii. I currently have the latest stock firmware installed.

There are a few problems.

The readme says:

1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard you should have:
    factory_update_param.aml
    s82_s89_finless20.zip
    recovery.img
    There's no recovery.img included.

There's a recovery.img with other roms, but not in this zip. Are they compatible with each other?

I'm getting a little ahead of myself here though, because when trying to update the box using the recovery, it's unable to find the files. It can't mount the microSD card. I've tried it with a USB drive as well, but neither are found. I can see them and browse them when the OS is loaded, but it just can't see them in recovery. It tries to find the USB drive because I can see its light flash. It just never finds it.

I updated to the latest stock rom via USB Burning Tool, using a .img update, I just can't get the recovery to mount any external drives.

Comment

Easy way to update. Boot up box click on update icon in program files. Make sure sd card in click update then select the finless2.0. Zip click update your done will install no issues.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a go right now. I really want to try Finless's ROM.

Comment

Custom DNS on Ethernet

Is there a way on this ROM to specify a custom DNS entry on the ethernet connection? If not (I haven't found one) can we please add that functionality to the next revision of the ROM?
          Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
          Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by chsmith1976 View Post
            Is there a way on this ROM to specify a custom DNS entry on the ethernet connection? If not (I haven't found one) can we please add that functionality to the next revision of the ROM?
            Yes, you can... I use it for https://adfreetime.com/

Check this tutorial, is for Wifi but is the same thing for the ethernet connection: https://adfreetime.com/get-started/android/

Comment

Originally posted by tiguy82 View Post
              Yes, you can... I use it for https://adfreetime.com/

Check this tutorial, is for Wifi but is the same thing for the ethernet connection: https://adfreetime.com/get-started/android/
              You're right, was really tired when setting things up and missed it.
              Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
              Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                Easy way to update. Boot up box click on update icon in program files. Make sure sd card in click update then select the finless2.0. Zip click update your done will install no issues.
                Worked this time. I think the microSD card wasn't formatted properly. I've gone and flashed the wrong rom though, I've got no bluetooth now. Guess I'll find the right rom now. I assumed this one would work on my 2GB MXiii, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                  Just go to advanced and other all the normal android settings are still there.
                  Do you mean advanced in the mbox settings? That brings me to the android settings which is still missing a ton of options and there is no further advanced there...

Comment

Originally posted by mginster View Post
                    Do you mean advanced in the mbox settings? That brings me to the android settings which is still missing a ton of options and there is no further advanced there...
                    Are you sure???

Comment

Originally posted by mginster View Post
                      What options are you missing? There are only the MBox settings (as special TV Box settings) and the standard settings from android 4.4.

Comment

Got the bluetooth problem working.

s82_m8_s89_finless20_pack.zip installs but there's no BT.

s82_m8_s89_finless19_pack.zip works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                          What options are you missing? There are only the MBox settings (as special TV Box settings) and the standard settings from android 4.4.
                          Well, this is my first use of 4.4 so I cannot speak to what I KNOW should be there, just what I imagine exists.

- Screensaver options
                          - Display options (wallpaper, etc)
                          - Sound options further than just volume levels

In general the settings are much less than were with 4.2.

Comment

Those 3 are not normal Android settings.

1) Screensaver for a phone???
                            2) Wallpaper is Launcher related. So it has to set up in the Launcher settings.
                            3) a phone only needs volume levels (maybe an equalizer, but that is only available per app)

Android is built for phones, so there are the mbox settings for some special TV configuration. If you use xbmc all your desired settings can be made there.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
                              Those 3 are not normal Android settings.

1) Screensaver for a phone???
                              2) Wallpaper is Launcher related. So it has to set up in the Launcher settings.
                              3) a phone only needs volume levels (maybe an equalizer, but that is only available per app)

Android is built for phones, so there are the mbox settings for some special TV configuration. If you use xbmc all your desired settings can be made there.

I guess one specifically that would make me happy enough is getting Daydream back. Settings > Display > Daydream does not exist.

Comment

109K4 (which my ROM is based off of) appears to have a Bluetooth bug on SOME boxes. Oman is aware of it so I suspect a new release will solve that.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X