X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annguyen4
    replied
    Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
    How do you have your Audio connected? I use the S-PDIF Out to my External Decoder, and it just worked OotB... Yeah sure I had to go into the Settings, flip that to become Expert (Settings), like you do in XBMC/Kodi, to enable DD5.1/DTS Passthough. But, that wouldn't have prevented any loss in sound. Could be stupid to point out, though its happened to me before, that I forgot to actually turn my freaking Speakers on, as well as the Decoder.
    I just use audio from HDMI and I tried to enable pass-through 5.1 and DTS in Kodi. I've tried difference settings but still

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Originally posted by annguyen4 View Post
    "Ok, I can installed OpenElec by putting the update.zip file into internal storage then boot up in TWRP and choose install zip file (I didn't even have to install TWRP) but everything works fine except Audio I've change the audio settings in many difference ways but does not work. Did I in stall wrong version for my Box?
    How do you have your Audio connected? I use the S-PDIF Out to my External Decoder, and it just worked OotB... Yeah sure I had to go into the Settings, flip that to become Expert (Settings), like you do in XBMC/Kodi, to enable DD5.1/DTS Passthough. But, that wouldn't have prevented any loss in sound. Could be stupid to point out, though its happened to me before, that I forgot to actually turn my freaking Speakers on, as well as the Decoder.

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    TWRP is TWRP, and OpenELEC, is separate. in the same way thar the 3e Recovery is strictly speaking not the Android OS. So yes you will need to head over to http://amlinux.ru/image/, and download a compatible Update.

As far as I understand it the *.tar Files are for internal updates (Once you have a working OpenELEC)? But, I have never even thought to use these. the *.zip File must be first unpacked into its Three separate Files which you can place onto a MicroSD Card. The <BUILD>-update.zip is just the single Update Image without the factory_update_param.aml, or recovery.img Files. You can just copy that File direct to your MicroSD and point to it in either the stock 3e, or TWRP Recoveries.

So assuming you have TWRP installed it would be simplest to just use the *-update.zip Version...
    "Ok, I can installed OpenElec by putting the update.zip file into internal storage then boot up in TWRP and choose install zip file (I didn't even have to install TWRP) but everything works fine except Audio I've change the audio settings in many difference ways but does not work. Did I in stall wrong version for my Box?

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Thanks Ichijoe, I've tried TWRP but when I select install, external-sd I don't see any file in there. Then I tried put the recovery.img inside the internal storage I can see it to intall but after install the box only boot in to TWRP. Does that .Img file have Openelec? or do I have to install 5.0.6 afterwards
    TWRP is TWRP, and OpenELEC, is separate. in the same way thar the 3e Recovery is strictly speaking not the Android OS. So yes you will need to head over to http://amlinux.ru/image/, and download a compatible Update.

As far as I understand it the *.tar Files are for internal updates (Once you have a working OpenELEC)? But, I have never even thought to use these. the *.zip File must be first unpacked into its Three separate Files which you can place onto a MicroSD Card. The <BUILD>-update.zip is just the single Update Image without the factory_update_param.aml, or recovery.img Files. You can just copy that File direct to your MicroSD and point to it in either the stock 3e, or TWRP Recoveries.

So assuming you have TWRP installed it would be simplest to just use the *-update.zip Version...

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    So sorry I did forget to add Once very important footnote in the case of TWRP on the MXIII (And, perhaps other such Devices?), and this being YOU WILL NEED A USB MOUSE TO USE IT!
    TWRP will NOT work with just the Remote... Stock, or otherwise.

Having had the kind of experience I've had in trying to recover a softbricked MXIII. I will tell you now to forget about whatever you thought worked on the MX2 (Or, even the MX Box for that matter.), it will not bring you anything. Jumping Pins may have been something to do on the MX2, but Jumping Pins on the MXIII is a huge waste of time... (At least it was for me at the time.)

If you want to factory reset the Box, back to 109k4. (My actual Version was 108k4), but, since I have the AP-6181 Wi-Fi Chip, and there is NO Stock 108k4 with the AP-6181. Only the RTL8188 IIRC.
    If you have the older MXIII with the RTL Chip then great. If not, the Firmware will still reset the Box, but, you WILL lose the Wi-Fi, until you update to a Firmware that has the AP-6181 Drivers (e.g. 109k4 or newer)

You can find this base Firmware, @ http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=134
    You can find the USB BURNING TOOL @ http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=131

Again the idea here is to make sure that you pay attention to the installer when it asks you about the WorldCup Driver(s) WHICH MUST BE INSTALLED! Afterwards you'll connect the Power up like normal, find a disused Q-Tip and strip off the Cotton Wads at the ends... This will be your "Toothpick" (As the Terminology 'round here goes.), insert this Toothpick into the AV Port, till you can feel the Reset Switch depress. Needless to say though I forgot to point it out. That USB Burner should be running, and you "Device" should be connected to PC though the OTG USB Port when you do this.

Again its vital to make sure that Windows has loaded the WorldCup Driver into its Memory, its NOT enough to just install it, for it to work, you have to give Windows time to discover it. You do that by continuously depressing the Reset Switch. Upwards of 90s till Windows goes "Ting!" and, then actually loads the Driver(s) into Memory. Only then can you let go.

What I'm less sure about is if its just a 113k4 thing or if its because I have TWRP installed but, on 113k4 if you DO decide to try and erase anything. It'll fail at exactly 3%. Seems to be confirmed in the Stock Thread, as another Person brought it up. In that case just flash it, without erasing anything, then 113k4 will work.

Then when that's done try running TWRP (With a Mouse!), and see if it works with your Device... It should! perma-install it only afterwards, and then try installing the 5.0.6 version of OpenELEC for the MX3.

I don't know if it made that much difference in hindsight. But, when it comes time to input the Wi-Fi Key in OpenELEC, use the Mouse again. For whatever reason I've had only failed attempts with the Stock Remote.
    Thanks Ichijoe, I've tried TWRP but when I select install, external-sd I don't see any file in there. Then I tried put the recovery.img inside the internal storage I can see it to intall but after install the box only boot in to TWRP. Does that .Img file have Openelec? or do I have to install 5.0.6 afterwards

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    So sorry I did forget to add Once very important footnote in the case of TWRP on the MXIII (And, perhaps other such Devices?), and this being YOU WILL NEED A USB MOUSE TO USE IT!
    TWRP will NOT work with just the Remote... Stock, or otherwise.

Having had the kind of experience I've had in trying to recover a softbricked MXIII. I will tell you now to forget about whatever you thought worked on the MX2 (Or, even the MX Box for that matter.), it will not bring you anything. Jumping Pins may have been something to do on the MX2, but Jumping Pins on the MXIII is a huge waste of time... (At least it was for me at the time.)

If you want to factory reset the Box, back to 109k4. (My actual Version was 108k4), but, since I have the AP-6181 Wi-Fi Chip, and there is NO Stock 108k4 with the AP-6181. Only the RTL8188 IIRC.
    If you have the older MXIII with the RTL Chip then great. If not, the Firmware will still reset the Box, but, you WILL lose the Wi-Fi, until you update to a Firmware that has the AP-6181 Drivers (e.g. 109k4 or newer)

You can find this base Firmware, @ http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=134
    You can find the USB BURNING TOOL @ http://www.bee-link.com/en/article.php?id=131

Again the idea here is to make sure that you pay attention to the installer when it asks you about the WorldCup Driver(s) WHICH MUST BE INSTALLED! Afterwards you'll connect the Power up like normal, find a disused Q-Tip and strip off the Cotton Wads at the ends... This will be your "Toothpick" (As the Terminology 'round here goes.), insert this Toothpick into the AV Port, till you can feel the Reset Switch depress. Needless to say though I forgot to point it out. That USB Burner should be running, and you "Device" should be connected to PC though the OTG USB Port when you do this.

Again its vital to make sure that Windows has loaded the WorldCup Driver into its Memory, its NOT enough to just install it, for it to work, you have to give Windows time to discover it. You do that by continuously depressing the Reset Switch. Upwards of 90s till Windows goes "Ting!" and, then actually loads the Driver(s) into Memory. Only then can you let go.

What I'm less sure about is if its just a 113k4 thing or if its because I have TWRP installed but, on 113k4 if you DO decide to try and erase anything. It'll fail at exactly 3%. Seems to be confirmed in the Stock Thread, as another Person brought it up. In that case just flash it, without erasing anything, then 113k4 will work.

Then when that's done try running TWRP (With a Mouse!), and see if it works with your Device... It should! perma-install it only afterwards, and then try installing the 5.0.6 version of OpenELEC for the MX3.

I don't know if it made that much difference in hindsight. But, when it comes time to input the Wi-Fi Key in OpenELEC, use the Mouse again. For whatever reason I've had only failed attempts with the Stock Remote.

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I had luck using a USB memory stick when I got "sdcard mount failed"
    I've tried TWRP booted in home screen, select install, click images but I don't see recovery.Img. what did I do wrong?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Thank you so much for your advice. I've tried a few times to flash file the same way I did on my MX2 Box (it works fine on MX2). it started then stop with error "sdcard mount failed" now the box just boot in recovery mode w/o press reset button and won't boot in Android. I'll try every thing you mention above. I've tried USB Burning Tool on Windows 7 Pro but I'm getting failed to import file. I'd appreciate your help
    I also have a Ubuntu Linux Desktop
    I had luck using a USB memory stick when I got "sdcard mount failed"

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    I think you may have borked something up along the way...

Going by the Numbers..

1) Is your MicroSD FAT32 formatted? Does it even still work (Say in another Phone, Windows PC?)
    2) Assuming your trying to run a MicroSD Update.. Did you remember to unpack this *.zip File into its Three separate Parts? (e.g. factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img & <UPDATE>.zip) Its the <UPDATE>.zip File that you need. Not the RAW *.zip File its packaged in with those other Two...

Speaking of recovery.img's have you tried replacing the stock 3e Recovery with TWRP yet?

You might have more luck with that...

NOTE: You'll need to rename this File from k200.img to recovery.img, and then place it on your MicroSD.
    At which point you just put the Device into Recovery Mode like normal. The recover.img on the MicroSD should normally hijack the 3e recovery if done correctly.

If you like it you can use the TWRP Recovery to perma-flash this to your MXIII
    I've already done this to my personal MXIII, and it has done its Job spectacularly! While it failed to backup all my XBMC / Kodi Plugins... It did manage to do exactly what i needed it to do. Which was to take a Snapshot of itself. So that when I go back to install it... I don't wind up with a whole new Device, and chip away my limited number of Play Music installs (Or, worse yet... Deactivations which have been limited to just Four per Year!).

So well worth the effort to find and, install this!

Now assuming that even TWRP can't save your Bacon. I guess you'll need to find the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, and set that up to flash a stock 108k4 (Or, something...) so that you can erase the NAND/NOR before installing again.

You can find the USB Burning Tools by, typing as such on the Google Homepage....

The only other advice I'll pass on about this is to pay close attention to the Installer, It'll try to install the needed WorldCup Driver, and depending on your Windows Version, it may alert you to the fact that the Installer is trying to install an unsigned Driver. YOU'LL NEED THIS DRIVER for USB Burning Tool to work! So make sure you click ok to install it when it does pop-up.

While we're on this whole Driver subject. Another thing you should expect to do when you first run Burning Tool, is to keep the Reset Switch firmly depressed till Windows goes "TING!", and actually loads the Drives into Memory. Or, else expect drop out errors around 3~4% of the way in!

One last thing unlike the MicroSD Version which uses *.zip Files you'll need to find an *.img File for use with the Burning Tool, as you can't use *.zip Files with that Flasher.

As of 09.03.15 the most current *.img File for the MXIII (AiO i.e. 1G & 2G Versions), is 113k4, and you can find links to it HERE: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post290390
    Thank you so much for your advice. I've tried a few times to flash file the same way I did on my MX2 Box (it works fine on MX2). it started then stop with error "sdcard mount failed" now the box just boot in recovery mode w/o press reset button and won't boot in Android. I'll try every thing you mention above. I've tried USB Burning Tool on Windows 7 Pro but I'm getting failed to import file. I'd appreciate your help
    I also have a Ubuntu Linux Desktop

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Hi Everyone, I've bought the MXIII Box 1G of RAM and I'd like to wipe Android then install Openelec to use Kodi only. When I tried to flash Openelec.arm-5.0.3 in recovery mode it does not show my external sdcard or usb-drive and I've got message E: read-only mount /dev /block /mmcblk op1 0 /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)
    Could someone help me to solve this error please? Thanks in advance
    I think you may have borked something up along the way...

Going by the Numbers..

1) Is your MicroSD FAT32 formatted? Does it even still work (Say in another Phone, Windows PC?)
    2) Assuming your trying to run a MicroSD Update.. Did you remember to unpack this *.zip File into its Three separate Parts? (e.g. factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img & <UPDATE>.zip) Its the <UPDATE>.zip File that you need. Not the RAW *.zip File its packaged in with those other Two...

Speaking of recovery.img's have you tried replacing the stock 3e Recovery with TWRP yet?

You might have more luck with that...

NOTE: You'll need to rename this File from k200.img to recovery.img, and then place it on your MicroSD.
    At which point you just put the Device into Recovery Mode like normal. The recover.img on the MicroSD should normally hijack the 3e recovery if done correctly.

If you like it you can use the TWRP Recovery to perma-flash this to your MXIII
    I've already done this to my personal MXIII, and it has done its Job spectacularly! While it failed to backup all my XBMC / Kodi Plugins... It did manage to do exactly what i needed it to do. Which was to take a Snapshot of itself. So that when I go back to install it... I don't wind up with a whole new Device, and chip away my limited number of Play Music installs (Or, worse yet... Deactivations which have been limited to just Four per Year!).

So well worth the effort to find and, install this!

Now assuming that even TWRP can't save your Bacon. I guess you'll need to find the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, and set that up to flash a stock 108k4 (Or, something...) so that you can erase the NAND/NOR before installing again.

You can find the USB Burning Tools by, typing as such on the Google Homepage....

The only other advice I'll pass on about this is to pay close attention to the Installer, It'll try to install the needed WorldCup Driver, and depending on your Windows Version, it may alert you to the fact that the Installer is trying to install an unsigned Driver. YOU'LL NEED THIS DRIVER for USB Burning Tool to work! So make sure you click ok to install it when it does pop-up.

While we're on this whole Driver subject. Another thing you should expect to do when you first run Burning Tool, is to keep the Reset Switch firmly depressed till Windows goes "TING!", and actually loads the Drives into Memory. Or, else expect drop out errors around 3~4% of the way in!

One last thing unlike the MicroSD Version which uses *.zip Files you'll need to find an *.img File for use with the Burning Tool, as you can't use *.zip Files with that Flasher.

As of 09.03.15 the most current *.img File for the MXIII (AiO i.e. 1G & 2G Versions), is 113k4, and you can find links to it HERE: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post290390

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    Originally posted by And1337 View Post
    Ty guys for the answers =).

It took me a while but i managed to install s82 5.0.6. And its running fine now =).

First i just updated to 5.0.6, after that i thought to factory reset my box.

After this reset ended up with a black screen after the Tronsmart logo (it was pretty sure a frezz).

I tried to go back to the MX3 5.0.6 version. I also ended up with a blackscreen after the Tronsmart logo.
    (Remember everything worked before i factory reseted my box)

So i went back to Android. Ok Android worked, so i gave it another try to install MX3 5.0.6. Still no success.

Than i tried to install the M8 5.0.3 version. Success! Remote and Wifi doesnt work, but it booted to the Kodi menu.

I factory reseted my box again and booted again, openelec still worked. After that i tried MX3 5.0.6 again, and it worked again!
    I factory reseted again and endet up with a black screen again.

Here i tried the MX3 5.03, S82 5.0.5, S82 5.0.3. Nothing worked.

So i flashed M8 5.0.3 again. It was working. Without factory reseting or something like that i flashed S82 5.0.6. And yeah. Now everything works fine.

I dont know why but i guess openelec have to be started at least one before i can update to the S82 verison.

I flashed a lot today xD. I think i will only flash my box again when theres a linux where i can start emulators out of kodi

Everything works now without problems, thanks all =)
    I've tried to flash MX3 5.0.3 but flash started then stop with this error: "E: failed to open /sdcard/openelec-Amlogic.MX3.arm-5.0.3-updated.zip (no such file or directory) Installation aborted

Leave a comment:

• annguyen4
    replied
    Install OpenElec on MXIII Box

Hi Everyone, I've bought the MXIII Box 1G of RAM and I'd like to wipe Android then install Openelec to use Kodi only. When I tried to flash Openelec.arm-5.0.3 in recovery mode it does not show my external sdcard or usb-drive and I've got message E: read-only mount /dev /block /mmcblk op1 0 /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)
    Could someone help me to solve this error please? Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• And1337
    replied
    Ty guys for the answers =).

It took me a while but i managed to install s82 5.0.6. And its running fine now =).

First i just updated to 5.0.6, after that i thought to factory reset my box.

After this reset ended up with a black screen after the Tronsmart logo (it was pretty sure a frezz).

I tried to go back to the MX3 5.0.6 version. I also ended up with a blackscreen after the Tronsmart logo.
    (Remember everything worked before i factory reseted my box)

So i went back to Android. Ok Android worked, so i gave it another try to install MX3 5.0.6. Still no success.

Than i tried to install the M8 5.0.3 version. Success! Remote and Wifi doesnt work, but it booted to the Kodi menu.

I factory reseted my box again and booted again, openelec still worked. After that i tried MX3 5.0.6 again, and it worked again!
    I factory reseted again and endet up with a black screen again.

Here i tried the MX3 5.03, S82 5.0.5, S82 5.0.3. Nothing worked.

So i flashed M8 5.0.3 again. It was working. Without factory reseting or something like that i flashed S82 5.0.6. And yeah. Now everything works fine.

I dont know why but i guess openelec have to be started at least one before i can update to the S82 verison.

I flashed a lot today xD. I think i will only flash my box again when theres a linux where i can start emulators out of kodi

Everything works now without problems, thanks all =)

Leave a comment:

• Ichijoe
    replied
    just outta interest.. I mean I can't be the person in the Room with a Bluetooth Headset...
    Does OpenELEC's version of BlueZ support the AD2P Protocol? 'Cause I'm getting the feeling that it doesn't

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by And1337 View Post
    Yes, i guess im very lucky so far^^

I bought the box from ****, here is the link http://www.****.de/itm/281617012245

I hope this helps to figure out witch rom i realy need :/.

thx 4 help =)
    As MikeD said i would try the s82 version again, if you had success with the MXIII version i would use the recovery from that build on the s82 version, this has worked for me in the past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X