Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ichijoe
    replied
    Well since I finally managed to find a working TWRP for my M82 (1G/8G) MXIII a few Days back, and had since managed to create a Backup of my then 112k4 ROM... THANKS ABDUL_PT!!

I finally decided that Today was the Day, that I'd go ahead, and pull the Trigger on it, and give OpenELEC a try again. Perhaps its the crappy Remote. But, I was NOT able to connect (AP-6181), to my Router with Version 5.0.6, and 5.0.3. I gave up that Remote, and opted to use the Mouse by the time I got to v5.0.1, and then it hit. So Wi-Fi is at least known to work there!

But, the point I want to bring up is the small matter of NO Bluetooth on that Model of Device.
    Not knowing that, till well after the fact, led me to get a CSR v4.0 (Bluetooth 4.0 Dongel).
    I wasn't expecting very much.. After all it never worked before right? Well I went ahead and fliped the Switch for the Bluetooth in the OpenELEC Settings...

And the little bugger just lit up! Needless to say I was shocked... The first thing I tried to do was to see if I could get my Phillips SHB7000 Stereo Headphones going. Sadly I don't think its there yet. Again not expecting much I tried to beam over some Pictures off my Phablet to the MXIII.

And that WORKED!! I don't know how or why... But, I was able to at least send some Files via Bluetooth to the non Bluetooh enabled 1G/8G MXIII using a Dongle via OpenELEC!

Another good thing about OpenELEC is the fact that my Fritz DVB-C Repeater doesn't choke and, lag on the live HD Channels. Now if I can just figure out how to setup DVB-C>IPTV I'd be set! As it is I have to use a *.m3u File. Which sucks for lack of an XMLTV (EPG). The problem is being an DVB 2 IPTV converter there is no physical (e.g. USB Tunner), to speak of. And so far I haven't found very much concerning the Sat>IPTV Protocol under TVHeadend to make a Heads or Tails out of yet.

But, the Bluetooth is the KICKER! That'll probably get me to hang 'round here for a bit. I just wish I could get my Headset to work that would be... PERFECTION!

Leave a comment:

• mboka
    replied
    Originally posted by bobones View Post
    Connect to box using PuTTY/ssh

Add this to autostart.sh file in /storage/.config folder:

Code:
    ( while :; do sleep 5; echo 0xb > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config; done ) &
    Run, chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh to make the file executable and reboot box.

Box should now stay on but CEC should still work.

Thanks, I will try that later!

Leave a comment:

• bobones
    replied
    Originally posted by mboka View Post
    Just installed 5.0.6 (S82), works fine so far. But when I switch off my TV, the box switches off too. That was no problem with 4.97 but since 5.0.3 it does not come out of suspend right. My MCE USB with Harmony is not working anymore, I have to restart with the sh*tty Original remote. That was something I could (and even more my wife :-) ) handle. But with 5.0.5 it totally freezes after reboot, I have to reset the power. Same thing with 5.0.6 :-(

Now I just want to prevent any automatic shutdown/suspend/whatever. The WAF is more important than a few cents for the power.

How do I do that? I searched the openelec forums etc. but no luck.

Thanks in advance!
    Connect to box using PuTTY/ssh

Add this to autostart.sh file in /storage/.config folder:

Code:
    ( while :; do sleep 5; echo 0xb > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config; done ) &
    Run, chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh to make the file executable and reboot box.

Box should now stay on but CEC should still work.

Leave a comment:

• Condorello
    replied
    anyone with that box can confirm the compatibility of this openelec rom?

INSTABOX MX4, shoud be a clone of the cx-s812 with the s812 aml cpu and 2gb ram...

please advice me before make shopping, actually i have two mx3 that work very well but i want a s812 for be ready for the next-gen dvb-t2 (hvec).

thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Before I had to make a factory reset I also didn't have any problems. So I don't know if I have to make some configuration to get it working fluently again. If I now start a stream from twitch.tv I have to wait 3-4 minutes until the channel finally starts.
    In old configuration I had a advancedsettings.xml but I can't remember what settings I made within it.
    After the weekend I will have time to set it up right again. I'll see what's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• ccadi
    replied
    @MikeD well we all seem to get differing experiences. No issues here and live streams (paid) are as instant as cable used to be, best experience I've had on these openelec builds

Leave a comment:

• ccadi
    replied
    I used. .tar file into. update folder, reboot box and it updates fine, all settings and installed addons are kept. Running well for me

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Tar files need to be placed in /storage/update. Then you only have to reboot and the update will be installed automatically. It's easiest way but it's just for openelec software updates. If something hardware related (kernel, bootloader, etc.) has changed you have to install update zip in recovery.
    I think if there's a tar file you don't need to flash zip.

I'm currently on 5.0.6 and have two problems. I got sometimes little stuttering in movies and opening video addons or online streams load minutes before they start. I can't they if these problems are related to the build or something else. I don't have actually the time to make further tests and flash other builds.
    So better test yourself and go back if you got problems with new builds.

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Originally posted by ccadi View Post
    Its 14.2 rc1
    Nice I will give a try, did noticed any issue or performance improvement.
    What is the best recommended upgrade as this is first time, I started with 5.0.3 to use a tar or zip file, if tar how would I instal.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ccadi
    replied
    Originally posted by e123enitan View Post
    Hi MD -Anything noticeable features or improvement on 5.0.6, I am still on 5.0.3 and it works fine, no issue to report, I am will to upgrade only if it has 14.2, and reluctant if issues are are noted, please what is your thought.

Thanks
    Its 14.2 rc1

Leave a comment:

• e123enitan
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    No problem here with wired network on 5.0.5 and 5.0.6 (S82).
    Hi MD -Anything noticeable features or improvement on 5.0.6, I am still on 5.0.3 and it works fine, no issue to report, I am will to upgrade only if it has 14.2, and reluctant if issues are are noted, please what is your thought.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    No problem here with wired network on 5.0.5 and 5.0.6 (S82).

Leave a comment:

• pelops
    replied
    Just installed 5.05 and 5.0.6 (S82), and I have no wired network. That was no problem with 4.97 but since 5.0.3. I went back to 5.0.3

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    A bug in 5.0.6 with s82b:

After watching ".ts" videos, more precisely, when you stop them, a "black screen" appears (you don't see anything but kodi is working in background).

I ended with power off device by heart: power key, down key, OK key and turn it on again. Then everything's work again.

Leave a comment:

• EGM92
    replied
    I'm looking to pick up a bunch of MXIII units to install Openelec on. Other than the 1/2GB variants is there anything else that's different? Also is there any real need for a 2GB of ram with Openelec?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X