X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinysidewinder
    replied
    Hi MikeD

No, I do not use external decoders. Have had all possible settings that maybe have something to do with this problem. But the problem persists, whatever I do, or what kind of settings I use. Even if pass-through is not enabled i have problems with stereo sound that drops every few seconds during playback of movies with the frequency 1920-1080@24Hz hardware decoding.

Thank you,

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeD View Post
    I don't know mighty message. Is it a kodi addon or an android app?

If you had made a backup of kodi in Android and restored it in OpenELEC all addons including mighty message were also restored.
    Mighty Text is an Android app that I used for text messaging. I did some search on the web and here is something I found. Website >> http://www.themagpi.com/issue/issue-...c-and-raspbmc/

Here is what it said. >>
    "The advanced options under XBMC Remote Settings include Show incoming SMS and Show incoming calls that enable a small pop-up notification to appear on the TV when you receive a text message or phone call. This does of course require you to keep your smartphone constantly connected via WiFi to XBMC which can drain your smartphones battery somewhat, hence keep your phone on charge."

I tried to find those settings in my OpenELEC, but could not find them.

Leave a comment:

• bajann
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    I took a pic with my phone to show the text message, I am totally dumbfounded.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10485[/ATTACH]
    Lol ,with openelec device use only one procesor only one with hevc go to 100%,about 38% with all other format ,can u make to all procesor works or not (i use tronsmart vega)when i enable frecfency switcher video dont fit with the skreen 1080p60hz ok but when go to 1080 24hz dont fit ,im realy new with openelec and if someone know what is plus for openelec vs android i dont see any diferent in video reproduction only one core .Maybe i have bad flesh i dont know ,thank you

Leave a comment:

• vermillion
    replied
    Originally posted by AndreaSpooky View Post
    the *linked* shutdown using CEC is working: when i turn uff TV the box does also shut down (well, my beelink it goes from blue light to red, i guess means turn off in this case).

<question from an hw ignorant>
    Would it be possible to turn off also USB ports after a shutdown?
    </>
    I think you are in suspend. after you have shutdown and restarted do you see the boot logo or do you go straight into openelec start up. To test, long press power switch untill no light is on then power up, is it the same as your power up after shutdown.

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    Do you have enabled any A/V synchronization in settings -> Videos -> Playback?
    I think I got also some problems in the past if I've enabled it. Disable it and test again. Maybe it helps.
    Do you use pass-through and an external encoder? If not maybe you have to play with the settings in System -> Audio Output.

Leave a comment:

• shinysidewinder
    replied
    Hi all,

Maybe someone already has a solution

Does anyone know what the problem is with OpenELEC 5.0.3 for M8 2GB and hardware decoding. When I playback movies with frequency 1920-1080@24Hz I get problems with my sound. M8 is connected trough HDMI to my amplifier. DTS 5.1 and DD 5,1 etc gives these problems. Sound cuts out every few seconds when I watch a movie with these soundtracks.

Problem is the same with CodeSnake M8 or Kerber S82 5.0.3 ROM. The Kerber build that I used for the M8 2GB is this one OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.3. Works well on the M8 2gb Have done every time a fresh installation of the different roms to test, but the problem persists.

In OpenELEC auto refresh frequency switching is on. I prefer movies playing at 1920-1080@24Hz.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• AndreaSpooky
    replied
    running some decoding test i've found some interesting results:

-decode in sw mode is basically smooth (when cpu holds), no frames dropped
    -decode in hw mode is smooth, but it tends to drop frames from time to time

I noticed that either in sw or hw mode not all the cores are used (1 used in sw, 2 in hw).

Leave a comment:

• AndreaSpooky
    replied
    Originally posted by razdolbaev View Post
    Shutdown from menu (it's a not shutdown, it's suspend) i'll fix tomorrow.
    the *linked* shutdown using CEC is working: when i turn uff TV the box does also shut down (well, my beelink it goes from blue light to red, i guess means turn off in this case).

<question from an hw ignorant>
    Would it be possible to turn off also USB ports after a shutdown?
    </>

Leave a comment:

• MikeD
    replied
    OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Something really strange happened, I am using OpenELEC 5.0.3 on my Vega S89H with tvheadend installed. As I was watching a live TV stream a SMS text message popped up in the lower corner of my TV screen. My granddaughter had texted me a message to my cell phone. The message was right there on the TV screen. I had been using mighty text to send and receive text messages right from my TV when I had Android installed. Is it possible that when I installed OpenELEC it did not erase the underlying Android addons, and if so how can they still function?
    I don't know mighty message. Is it a kodi addon or an android app?

If you had made a backup of kodi in Android and restored it in OpenELEC all addons including mighty message were also restored.

Leave a comment:

• weganer
    replied
    SD Files Playback in 5.0.3 fixed ?

Can someone please confirm that SD-Content is playing smooth in 5.03 ?

Especially MPEG2 (.vob, .mpeg)

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by chrissales View Post
    Maybe you have bluetooth enabled?
    Good thought, but this version of OpenELEC does not recognize my Bluetooth.

Leave a comment:

• chrissales
    replied

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10485[/ATTACH]
    Maybe you have bluetooth enabled?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-17 20.17.07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	437231

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Something really strange happened, I am using OpenELEC 5.0.3 on my Vega S89H with tvheadend installed. As I was watching a live TV stream a SMS text message popped up in the lower corner of my TV screen. My granddaughter had texted me a message to my cell phone. The message was right there on the TV screen. I had been using mighty text to send and receive text messages right from my TV when I had Android installed. Is it possible that when I installed OpenELEC it did not erase the underlying Android addons, and if so how can they still function?

Leave a comment:

• razdolbaev
    replied
    Shutdown from menu (it's a not shutdown, it's suspend) i'll fix tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X