No announcement yet.

Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@stb2xxx. Use XMBC or MXPlayer in HW+ mode for now.

@Wasser. Do not take this issue with video player personaly . It may be similar situation like when new RK3188T was used instead of RK3188. As far as I know this issue affects only R89 PCB V3.0 users. After some raports that second flash process helped I'm not sure if it can be connected with metod used to enter "firmware LOADER" mode. I have used twice software switch (1. from power menu and 2. SWITCH button in RockChip Tool) and maybe hardware button inside AV jack make some difference.
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

need help with flash back

Hi Wasser,
      first of all thanks for the great work!
      I had flashed Wasser 2.0.0, but I need to flash back my device to stock firmware. When I connect the R28 to my XP (virtual machine) it is now recognized as the spoofed Nexus 10 and the AndoidTool 2.3 is not finding the device anymore with the drivers provided in Release_DriverAssistant. In the device manager the device is shown as Nexus 10 with the famous yellow question mark.

People who have upgraded to 2.0.1 should have faced the same problem, is there any solution?

Thanks for your help

J

EDIT: Sorry, I solved it by myself! I forgot to enable debug mode... now device is found. For those with the same problem: enable debug mode by clicking several times on the rom by wasser field in system information
      Last edited by Jan2014; 12-07-2014, 09:11.

Comment

Re: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.1 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

@Wasser. Do not take this issue with video player personaly . It may be similar situation like when new RK3188T was used instead of RK3188. As far as I know this issue affects only R89 PCB V3.0 users. After some raports that second flash process helped I'm not sure if it can be connected with metod used to enter "firmware LOADER" mode. I have used twice software switch (1. from power menu and 2. SWITCH button in RockChip Tool) and maybe hardware button inside AV jack make some difference.
        I think my PCB is V3 as I have only just received the box. The Rom is great otherwise. It's happens with every video I've tried but doesn't happen on the stock ROM. I'll try flashing again to see if that solves it.

Comment

Problem with Wasser Kodi

I've flashed Wasser 2.1 yesterday (with AV jack method) and it works good except that wasser's kodi plays the sound broken with spdif passhtru. I've tried two different movies with AC3, both did the same. The sound is "hitchin" it plays with stops in every sec, like it has heavy lags. I'm afraid i can't explain better.

I've tried it with number of channels 2.0 & 5.1, Enable DD transcoding on & off, DTS capable receiver on & off, Android Sound Settings set to spdif & normal (at normal there is no sound just some noise, its like when u play a DTS CD on a CD player's line out).
          My receiver is a Denon AVR-1306.

Downmixed it plays normal.

Also seeking in the movies doesn't work, if i try to jump forward some time it stays there, if i try again the player shuts down with an error window ("unfortunately stopped working").

I've downloaded & tried two other Kodi version too, both did the same (nightly & stable versions)

The mx player HW decoding also gives me green pixels, HW+ & SW are both working flawlessly.

Comment

@wasser...
            For information, no green issue with r28 first batch in MX H/W, but slow motion issue with XVID encoded files in H/W.
            Other problem seen, we can't use update.zip method with this rom.

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
              @wasser...
              For information, no green issue with r28 first batch in MX H/W, but slow motion issue with XVID encoded files in H/W.
              Other problem seen, we can't use update.zip method with this rom.

Thx.
              could you please upload this xvid encoded video file? i need to reproduce this issue!
              update.zip can be used in recovery mode. It should work if the update.zip is created correctly

Thanks
              Wasser
              http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post

i finally can reproduce this green issue with HW in mxplayer and stock player when playing hollywood-makeover-8000.mkv. This issue will be fixed in 2.0.2 Version

I will upload it today or tomorrow. Please test and report results!

I have old R89 PCB 2. and the LED of device is broken, so i cannot test the LED issue. Could you or someone else please test LED in sleep mode. Is the LED red in sleep modes and blue in standard mode?

Thanks
                Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
                  Led issue is not presented in stock and finless 1.2. I think it is because of mouse wake up disabled maybe? (How can I add this feature to other roms?)

Launcher is not a big deal, I can switch! But the main reason I changed back to finless is the green pixels. (I tried V2.0.1, flashed with Android tools v2.3 from Finless ROM)

the green pixels is strange. sadly i cannot reproduce it. Can someone reproduce this issue. Please post which PCB version you have!

Thanks
                  Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by zippofcy View Post
                    I've flashed Wasser 2.1 yesterday (with AV jack method) and it works good except that wasser's kodi plays the sound broken with spdif passhtru. I've tried two different movies with AC3, both did the same. The sound is "hitchin" it plays with stops in every sec, like it has heavy lags. I'm afraid i can't explain better.

I've tried it with number of channels 2.0 & 5.1, Enable DD transcoding on & off, DTS capable receiver on & off, Android Sound Settings set to spdif & normal (at normal there is no sound just some noise, its like when u play a DTS CD on a CD player's line out).

Also seeking in the movies doesn't work, if i try to jump forward some time it stays there, if i try again the player shuts down with an error window ("unfortunately stopped working").

I've downloaded & tried two other Kodi version too, both did the same (nightly & stable versions)

The mx player HW decoding also gives me green pixels, HW+ & SW are both working flawlessly.
                    question to PT issue, did you modify the libmedia.so ?

Comment

Originally posted by zippofcy View Post

Hi,

I have kind of the same issue here. I have a clean install of Wasser Firmware 2.0.1., and Wasser Kodi. I also have a Denon amplifier, though I only have the problem with the sound. Everything seems to work fine, until I try to select HDMI pass thru... then the sound starts to do "hickups", or/and the player freezes. During the hickups, the dolby simbol is flickering on the amplifier.

Btw., this might be a little off-topic, but is there a way to select HDMI bitstream as the default sound device, so I don't have to set it every time I turn on my R89?

And Wasser, really thank You for Your work, You give us all the hope, that our device can be rendered useful.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                        question to PT issue, did you modify the libmedia.so ?
                        No, i haven't modified anything.

Comment

with 2.01 i got the nighly kodi of friday to work with PT but all my mkv files (h264/ac3) dont work smooth. Every 2 secs the movie judders a bit during the sound plays well. Tried every kind of hardware codec in kodi. Moreover fast forward not works acceptable

Comment

Hi Folks

i uploaded the beta of FW 2.0.2 which finally fixes the ffmpeg issue when playing video with stock player or mxplayer in HW mode

Just info for you, the pre 2.0.2 is not rooted. My future FW won't be rooted by default, but i provide update root.zip which roots the FW if the users want it back.

Please test it and post the results.

Thanks
                            Wasser

Download url: wasser-firmware-pre 2.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by furryhamster View Post
                              with 2.01 i got the nighly kodi of friday to work with PT but all my mkv files (h264/ac3) dont work smooth. Every 2 secs the movie judders a bit during the sound plays well. Tried every kind of hardware codec in kodi. Moreover fast forward not works acceptable
                              have you used the stock nightly kodi? and PT works?

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                                Hi Folks

i uploaded the beta of FW 2.0.2 which finally fixes the ffmpeg issue when playing video with stock player or mxplayer in HW mode

Just info for you, the pre 2.0.2 is not rooted. My future FW won't be rooted by default, but i provide update root.zip which roots the FW if the users want it back.

Please test it and post the results.

Thanks
                                Wasser

Download url: wasser-firmware-pre 2.0.2
                                Nice! Thx wasser.
                                I ll feed back about videos files.
                                Can we use root zip files from Bob to root rom?

Someone have check live stream app with 'false' hdmi report? In my case, BEINSPORT (in France) doesn't work... it close after launching live stream.

Comment

Working...
                                X