Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube 1080p?

Can this firmware play Youtube videos from Google app in 1080p mode?
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post

Also get audio sync issues, trying to adjust audio offset never seems to get it right.
      I also have the audio sync issue (R89) I tried to adjust the delay on my amplifier, as well as on SPMC, but delays seem to vary from time to time.
      (HDMI pass through, Dolby Digital and DTS, too)

Comment

sadly the same issue with DTS audio ( stock and mx player ) with spdif passthrough set up .......

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
          Can this firmware play Youtube videos from Google app in 1080p mode?
          it's not fixed in 2.0.3. It's on my todo list. If someone knows how to make 1080p working in youtube, please let me know!

Thanks
          Wasser
          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by drAstic View Post
            I also have the audio sync issue (R89) I tried to adjust the delay on my amplifier, as well as on SPMC, but delays seem to vary from time to time.
            (HDMI pass through, Dolby Digital and DTS, too)
            there's a option in xbmc which allows you to change the audo delay. Please try to change it to 250

Wasser

Comment

have you guys tried Viral app and see if 1080p works there?

Tapatalked from my GALAXY S5

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
                sadly the same issue with DTS audio ( stock and mx player ) with spdif passthrough set up .......
                i asked serveral times for test video so i can reproduce this issue, but never got it yet!!! It doesn't help me if someone reports "it doesn't work"

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                  (Q) wasser when you're coming from v2.0.2 and flash v2.0.3 . Will I lose all my apps? Thanks
                  yes, you have to make backup before

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by MbTsM View Post
                    flash via recovery ?? 2.2 to 2.3
                    no. flash via recovery is not supported atm. will be possible in the future.

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                      Flashed 2.0.3 and tested as before and all works well for me

The only two things that I note are that my USB flash drive is still continually being accessed and Youtube cannot play 1080p, 720p being the maximum.
                      i don't understand your issue "my USB flash drive is still continually being accessed". Could you please give more infos sothat i can understand?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                        it's not fixed in 2.0.3. It's on my todo list. If someone knows how to make 1080p working in youtube, please let me know!

Thanks
                        Wasser
                        I carried out a lot of searching regarding this problem and it seems that Google is messing around with the youtube app.

There are some very popular tablets and phones out there that had the ability and then it disappeared with new updates.

There were some suggestions that it only works with Kitkat devices when the build is set to 4.4.2 but this change works for some and not others.

1440p has started to appear on some devices.

I suspect that you may end up going round in circles trying to fix this, when a new update may well enable it automatically.

The only thought I have is to perhaps try spoofing as a different device that is known to be able to support the resolution.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

i don't understand your issue "my USB flash drive is still continually being accessed". Could you please give more infos sothat i can understand?

Thanks
                          When a USB flash drive is inserted, even when not in use, the light flashes on it continuously that indicates that some process is using it all of the time.

It makes me wonder whether this could shorten the life of the drive.

I'm going to try disabling background processes one by one to see if I can find what may be causing this.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Please support both Tronsmart Remote Control Versions

Hi,
                            first thank you very much for your work. Wasser Firmware is a big step forward for me.

There is just one thing left. Tronsmart R28 Users, like me, have a problem with the remote control. Tronsmart released two hardware versions. The first one was for the beta users (108K4 & 109K4 Stock Firmware). The second was introduced with the release of 110K4 Stock Firmware (Tronsmart exclude the support for the beta Remote in this fw, not nice for beta users).

Could you please add both Remote Versions to your Firmware? At the moment, only the old version seems to work. It would be cool to support both versions. Tronsmart missed it, it is possible for you?

The remote seems to be part of kernel.

Comment

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to 200

yes, you have to make backup before

Wasser

@Wasser Thanks once again!!..

I have SONY 36 Inch TV on Wasser version 2.0.2 / 2.0.3 screen resolution is too big on my TV screen. I edited build.prop from ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to 200 using Build Prop Editor, but didn't work..Am i doing anything wrong?
                              -Chromecast with Google TV
                              - Android Q Android 10

Comment

When a USB flash drive is inserted, even when not in use, the light flashes on it continuously that indicates that some process is using it all of the time.
                                I've got similar issue sometime ago when there was problem with mounting/dismounting USB drive. VOLD tried to mount it without break. Check drive stats to know if there are some writes to it but I doubt that: "cat /sys/class/block/sda1/stat" (sda - first connected USB drive and 1 mean first partition, sdb next and so on).

I carried out a lot of searching regarding this problem and it seems that Google is messing around with the youtube app.

There are some very popular tablets and phones out there that had the ability and then it disappeared with new updates.
                                You're right. But IMHO it was connected with expanding Dash player (variable quality/bitrate stream) to new devices. There were/are problems with KK 4.4.2 therefor it was for some time disabled on these systems. But now it is on by default and compatibility is required to play 1080p streams. I noticed that when I start playback stream that has 1080p quality I've got notification from OMX that it has problems with AdaptivePlayback plugin:
                                "W/OMXNodeInstance( 5493): OMX_GetExtensionIndex OMX.google.android.index.prepareForAdaptivePlaybac k failed"

I'm sorry but I can't help but mo123 seems to solve the problem in his HPH firmware. But I'm not sure if he is willing to share this solution. This thing get me thinking that it would be beneficial if firmware developers would colaborate. Mayby not now on GitHub, because there was just found big security threat.

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
                                have you guys tried Viral app and see if 1080p works there?
                                No, 1808p mode doesn't work there also. There is an option in settings but it is only "for show" or rather feature use.
                                Proofs:
                                1. Viral Lite supposed 1080p mode
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Viral_Lite_1080p_mode.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	435636

2. Chrome Browser with AVC stream 1080p playback (Use Agent spoofed as Windows XP). It is similar fix as in youtube player and Android 4.4.2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrome_Youtube_1080p_mode.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	435637

P.S. Sorry but FreakTab recompressed these images to much for my liking. There are originals: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...UE&usp=sharing
                                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                                X