No announcement yet.

Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine cx-w8 has just arrived! It seems that I took last one from banggood, they event deleted page of product
    My question is how You open it? I presume, there are latches on perimeter? Temp from start is 56 Celsius

Comment

Originally posted by xsol View Post
      Mine cx-w8 has just arrived! It seems that I took last one from banggood, they event deleted page of product
      My question is how You open it? I presume, there are latches on perimeter? Temp from start is 56 Celsius
      open it from the bottom. use a small flat screw to unclip the plastic edges.

Comment

Originally posted by xsol View Post

Are you able to switch to android?

Comment

my mod

hi guys. here is my mod in the meantime while waiting for my pure copper heatsinks. i have drilled a square hole on the top for the small heatsink i found from a scrap pc.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20150327_125408.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	437566Click image for larger version

Name:	20150327_125426.jpg
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	437567Click image for larger version

Name:	20150327_125600.jpg
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	437568
          i have placed also a small heatsink on the top of the metal plate of the chips.

Name:	20150327_125700.jpg
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	437569
          i put also some rubber feet under it.

Name:	20150327_130330.jpg
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	437571
          here it is in action

Name:	20150327_131232.jpg
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	437572
          maybe next time ill find a higher heatsink and maybe will add a 5v usb fan

Comment

Has anyone tried to install OS X?

Comment

Originally posted by stan_91 View Post
              Has anyone tried to install OS X?
              I am trying to.
              Hi guys. I have a working Hackintosh and I'm curious as to whether or not the latest x86 tablets (with the proper kernel patch(es) will boot Mavericks or even Yosemite? Should I get one of these I'll try Linux too... The tablets I'm interested in are listed below:WinBook TW100http://www.microcent...

Comment

decided to proceed to fan mod for better cooling . i have tested playing 1080p with cody while running prime95 stress test on background.
                my max temp is 65c . only prob is that fan is still running even though the unit is off. i just unplug the usb fan when i don't use the unit.

Name:	20150401_030845.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	490771

Name:	20150401_030809.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	490772 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150401_030929.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	490773
                Last edited by fr3ak; 04-01-2015, 01:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ddxcb View Post

Here are the drivers for the CX-W8
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

And For scrads the Bios.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8gARDRjb!WE4U6e...XgYimAPvoQwNYo
                  After turning off USB mode 3 in BIOS I have blocked USB ports at this moment and I only have the EFI shell -
                  I do not know how to restore the default BIOS settings, anybody?

Comment

please help.....Does anyone know how to (re)flash the bios?

Comment

as much as possible please keep away from bios settings as this is not like the normal pc. here are other similar threads and still don't have any fix for this issue.

Comment

Anyone got an ACCURATE measure of the PSU plug... I want a PSU that isn't attached to a crappy adapter....

Comment

I want to wipe and install a fresh legit W8... how do I set the thing to boot from USB stick to do so? Edit: ESC for BIOS but what settings!

Comment

I don't own the device, but normally it should be
                            [Boot Override] at [Save & Exit] at the BIOS
                            and here you have to select your USB pen (often the name of the pen)...

RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              I don't own the device, but normally it should be
                              [Boot Override] at [Save & Exit] at the BIOS
                              and here you have to select your USB pen (often the name of the pen)...

Thanks. Over 8 owners who have reinstalled and none respond. The one guy who hasnt got the box does!

Unfortunately there is no such option. I have looked around all the options again. I can only assume that Rufus is not building a compatible USB stick as no USB stick name or device even appears. However its there if I boot into W8. Tried removing FastBoot, QuietBoot and QuickBoot but nothing appears.

Come on guys, NOT sharing knowledge is pretty crappy... Share the love!

EDIT: It seems the Rufus settings do matter.... Must select MBR Partition Scheme for UEFI (only!) and FAT for your USB build. Now I can install as the BIOS sees the stick
                              Last edited by Methanoid; 04-24-2015, 12:06.

Comment

Guys

You may be interested to know there is a version of this box now being sold which dual boots Win8.1/Android. I wonder if it is a simple case of cloning the eMMC from one of these to make your W8.1 boxes into dual boot ones?

Anyone wanna try?

Comment

Working...
                                X