Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitko View Post
    Please backup for me the frimware. I have formatted it and lost android.... Please help! Thank you
    ​
    ​
    ​
    ​
    ​

Is it even possible to backup firmware ?

Also, a bit on the W8. While cracking it open, i figured, that putting some TIM on the heatsink helps transfer the heat to the second block of metal much better. Dropped quite a few degress by that.

Btw, anyone has any ideas what the second 2 pin connector does ?
    It seems like its some sort of a port for fan or battery..
    It looks exactly like the one i marked on the picture, its just located on the other side of the board (aperently, version on the picture lacks it).

Anyone played with this ?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post

Pretty much. BTW, mine came with windows preactivated. But was probobly with a activator.
      Nevertheless, i formated and installed a legit copy of 8.1 pro.

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully the process goes smoothly for me.

Comment

Anyone has any ideas what that microUSB port is for ??
        I tried powering up with a powersupply and using an otg cable. Nothing works..

Also, is anyone experiencing video skipping when watching youtube ? I get it while having hardware acceleration on, but when i turn it off, it plays perfectly fine.
        I'm using opera 29

Comment

PANIC!...... I purchased the Wintel CX-W8, which arrived yesterday. It was pre-loaded with OS Windows 8.1 Pro & Android. WIndows is working well & running fine, so I switched OS to Android to check it out. (easy... just click on the Android icon in the taskbar). Android works fine too...... no problems. BUT I CAN'T SWITCH BACK TO WINDOWS! :-O Online doco says that when it boots, it comes up with a choice of OS (not mine, which boots with the last OS used). The instructions in Android say to drag the "OS Switch" icon in from the top right of the screen, but it is nowhere to be found. Rebooting just brings up Android. How do I get back to WIndows 8.1?

Comment

Go to bios and select Windows boot manager. Should boot straigt to windows

Comment

Hi, I just received today my wintel w8 mini pc.
              I've tried to change the gpu settings in the bios, but unfortunately I made some wrong moves and now the device does not have any video over hdmi on my lcd tv.

I does boot up, I have the red led if I push the power button once, on the second push the red becomes blue and it start to boot.
              Also no luck with win+p.
              I have tried to reset bios settings with disabling the battery, but it gave no results.

So I have tried to flash the 64 bit bios first, then the 32 bios again, but no results.
              I am practically doing this blindly, since I have no video, all I have is info from here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/04/...icking-method/

So, I have plugged in a fat32 formatted flash drive with a signaling led and the bios files, I boot up the device, devices led turns blue, the flash drives led starts flashing, I start hitting the ESC button until the led is constantly on (I think that's the moment when it enters the bios), then I hit once the left arrow to be in the boot manager menu, then ENTER, then arrow down to select internal efi shell.
              Now the cnx description sais that the bios flash should start automaticaly, I don' know nothing about that since I don't have any display, but the flash drives led starts flashing.
              The description says that the device should restart after it's done, but this does not do that.

For the 64 bit version I have 3 files on the flash drive: H2OFFT-S.efi, M64.W8ANNA01.ROM, STARTUP.nsh.
              For the 32 bit version I have downloaded the "bios working.zip", but it does contain too much files, 6 files.
              So I use only H2OFFT-S.efi, M.W8RNNA02.ROM, STARTUP.nsh, but still I get the same results, wich is nothing.

The w8 is a dual boot one, on the bottom of the board there is a sticker with this info: CX-W8 CXPO2015120 2G+32G Bios:W8RNNA02 System:W8+Android

What am I doing wrong?
              How can I revive the device?

Oh, and another thing: when the device was operational (for almost 30 minutes ), I had a problem, that the display settings showed, that it has a "built in screen" named AnZhen4, and my lcd tv is just a secondary monitor.
              On boot, when it was operation, the picture on the tv came on only when it was already booting to windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Zirowe View Post
                Hi, I just received today my wintel w8 mini pc.
                I've tried to change the gpu settings in the bios, but unfortunately I made some wrong moves and now the device does not have any video over hdmi on my lcd tv..

Ok, after fiddling around with it for a half day I was able to reset bio by going into it blindly and reloading the presets, now my w8 is operational again.
                I felt lucky, so why not try the 64 bios?!
                It installed normaly, then I was able to go back to 32 bios with no problem.
                Then I have repartitioned the drive and fresh installed a windows 8.1 pro.

Has anyone tried to install openelec?

Comment

How to reset bios ? Please tell me.
                  I also set HDMI wrong, nothing on the monitor but PC is alive.
                  I already update 64bit bios.

Comment

Originally posted by dinosauria View Post
                    How to reset bios ? Please tell me.
                    I also set HDMI wrong, nothing on the monitor but PC is alive.
                    I already update 64bit bios.
                    As I said, I looked at pictures of the bios found online and counted to it.
                    You should use a flash drive with a status led, so you know when ypu are in the boot menu.
                    This is for the 32 bios.
                    Start up the pc, start pushing ESC button till the led on the flash drive is always on (about 1-2 secs after the boot).
                    Then 1 down, 2 times to the right, then hit enter, so now you should be in the bios.
                    4 times to the right will get you to the exit option, then 3 times down to be on the load optimal defaults option, hit enter twice to load this option, then 3 time up, twice enter to save and exit settings, and you should be done.

Other question: my bios, the 32 bit one, does not have an overclock option, turbo is on.
                    My cpu is set to 1333mhz, and the max it goes on full operation is 1.59ghz.
                    How overclock it to 1.89ghz, to achieve 2.10ghz, if there is no option for it in the bios?

Comment

How to reset bios ? Please tell me..
                      Open box and remove the CMOS battery. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Marflow View Post
                        Open box and remove the CMOS battery. :P
                        Except that does not work with this kind of minipcs.
                        Read around before you post!

Comment

Thank you, Zirowe.

I can not success because my BIOS already updated to 64bit.

Please tell me for 64bit key combination.

I try to install OS X and I bought new W8 but it does not have 64bit BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zirowe View Post

Except that does not work with this kind of minipcs.
                            Read around before you post!
                            Sorry. I did not know
                            Last edited by Marflow; 06-29-2015, 10:57.

Comment

Geekbuying released Windows 8.1 activation method for W8.

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...out-wintel-w8/

Comment

Thank you, Zirowe.

I can not success because my BIOS already updated to 64bit.

Please tell me for 64bit key combination.

I try to install OS X and I bought new W8 but it does not have 64bit BIOS.
                                Same structure.

Any news on any openelec ports in progress?
                                I installed it today on the w8, but there was no sound, no wifi, no 24p, etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X