No announcement yet.

Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I didin't flash my cx-w8 bios, but I made some changes in bios options.

I dont know why, but when I try to play some video at youtube, my cx-w8 power off

The temperature is more or less 55 degrees.

Using the amperimeter to check, It is more or less 1.5A

Sometime I wanna throw It on the wall.

Could someone take pictures of your cx-w8 bios settings and post here to compare with mine ?

Thanks for all
    Last edited by regirj; 09-03-2015, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by regirj View Post
      Well, I didin't flash my cx-w8 bios, but I made some changes in bios options.

I dont know why, but when I try to play some video at youtube, my cx-w8 power off

The temperature is more or less 55 degrees.

Using the amperimeter to check, It is more or less 1.5A

Sometime I wanna throw It on the wall.

Could someone take pictures of your cx-w8 bios settings and post here to compare with mine ?

Thanks for all
      Have similar issues. When i put some load on GPU, it quickly shuts off.

Tried messing with the bios settings, no dice.
      I'm planning on replacing the power supply, because it seems really poor inside.

Btw, i get less shutdowns if i disable gpu boost. Its clocked at 300Mhz though.

Comment

hojnikb

Where is gpu boost option ?

Is IGD Turbo option ?

Should I change another one ?
        Attached Files

Comment

hojnikb

Where is gpu boost option ?

Is IGD Turbo option ?

Should I change another one ?

Yes, you disable IGD turbo option and gpu always stays at 300Mhz. This reduces GPU performance, but also greatly reduces power consumption and heat output.

Comment

Friend hojnikb

I made It but its still power off suddenly or when I try to watch some video at you tube.

Are you using the original power supply, the one that cames with them ?

Any other idea ?

Comment

Yeah, i'm using original power supply. But it still happens, when i put lots of load on the gpu sometimes.

Gotta try with a different psu.

You can try with a different psu or maybe put the box apart for improved cooling

Comment

My dear hojnikb

I would like to thank you for everthing.

Last friday I bought a better power supply that gives 4a in 5v and all my problems were gone.

Now the Wintel dont turn off anymore.

Now the Wintel supplies enough power to my external HDD and It works fine.

Now my IGD is working in turbo mode without turn off

I measured the power consumption using a amperimeter and I could check that Wintel uses up to 2.6a (IGD turbo mode and external HDD connected) and the original power supply is poor and never arrive to 3a as written at the label.

To close with a golden key, I disassembled my Wintel, I made some holes at the top cover and put a 5v fan using double face tape and connected direct to power supply.

Now the temperature is between 50 and 65 degrees, 50 in idle and 65 watching movies and copying files at the same time.

Thanx for all

​Regi

Comment

My dear hojnikb

I would like to thank you for everthing.

Last friday I bought a better power supply that gives 4a in 5v and all my problems were gone.

Now the Wintel dont turn off anymore.

Now the Wintel supplies enough power to my external HDD and It works fine.

Now my IGD is working in turbo mode without turn off

I measured the power consumption using a amperimeter and I could check that Wintel uses up to 2.6a (IGD turbo mode and external HDD connected) and the original power supply is poor and never arrive to 3a as written at the label.

To close with a golden key, I disassembled my Wintel, I made some holes at the top cover and put a 5v fan using double face tape and connected direct to power supply.

Now the temperature is between 50 and 65 degrees, 50 in idle and 65 watching movies and copying files at the same time.

Thanx for all

​Regi
                  This is great to hear. Looks like PSU is very poor afterall.
                  I did figure that, when i putted it apart (very poor design inside).
                  Also mine came relabled, but both labels stated 3A.

Can i ask, where did you buy your 4A power supply ? I'm looking, but powerfull 5V supplys are not exactly common.

Also, it would be great to warn other users and geekbuying itself of the poor PSU.

Comment

Yup friend, we must warn the others.

I live in Brazil, and this supply os made here, the brand os Hayama and 4a is the highest power.

Here it coast more or less U$$ 20,00

Best regards

Comment

Hi, I have some problems.
                      I try to install the new bios posted here earlier (w8 dual bios 2.5) under windows 8.1, I run run.bat as administrator, the w8 reboots, but nothing happens.
                      The other problem is that I can't install win10.
                      Brand new install, using 32bit iso and rufus.
                      At the first boot I get the error message that windows could not load, hit ok to reboot, and it keeps happening.
                      What is wrong with it?

Comment

Anyone managed to do w8.1 or w10 clean install from usb drive?
                        I did this successfully on pipo x7s since I wanted to get rid of android but not sure if it's possible on the w8 box.
                        Thanks

Comment

Yup I made It. First of all I made a secure erase using bios option, and then I put W10 using a pen drive created with rufus 2.3 in GPT mode. Everything works fine.

Comment

So, yesterday i finally got my new 3A power supply. This unit (albeit pretty expensive) was of a much higher quality and has proper regulation too.
                            But issue still remains. Once board heats up, it shuts off.

From testing i did, it seems that dc-dc regulation isn't capable of load or is overheating. I ran OCCT PSU test and within minutes it shuts off. I was monitoring the psu voltage and it stayed ~4.9V (so pretty much ok). I checked USB voltages and shock: It was dipping below 4.5V, before shutdown it cam all the way down to ~4.2V.

So something is up with regulation.

One thing i also noticed. I took a 92mm fan and slap it to 5V. Temps never reached ~50C on the SoC and usb voltage stayed 4.55-4.60V (low, but didn't shut off).

This needs further inspecition and testing. Looks like PSU is not at fault here (although replacing is highly recommended, since stock one is very poor).

Comment

Originally posted by Zirowe View Post
                              Hi, I have some problems.
                              I try to install the new bios posted here earlier (w8 dual bios 2.5) under windows 8.1, I run run.bat as administrator, the w8 reboots, but nothing happens.
                              The other problem is that I can't install win10.
                              Brand new install, using 32bit iso and rufus.
                              At the first boot I get the error message that windows could not load, hit ok to reboot, and it keeps happening.
                              What is wrong with it?
                              Hi you can install Windows 10 by using Media Creation Tool by Microsoft from here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install

Download the tool and create ISO bootable USB Flash (4GB is quite enough) for windows 10 from there. Then use it to install windows at your Wintel CX-W8.

I have done it and it is great after also activating the windows.

I'm now trying to make it dual boot with Android as well but did not succeed ... any idea?

Comment

Hi all,
                                Do you now how to remove Android from this mini pc, and just use available emmc space for new fresh install of Windows 8.1 32 bits?
                                Is there an existing simple procedure?
                                Thanks
                                Last edited by StarDust; 09-18-2015, 10:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X