No announcement yet.

Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My box didn't come with the 64bit bios, it's 32bit version only.

Comment

Mine neither, no problem here.

Comment

Have Wintel 8, CX-W8. Needed as standalone player without monitor. Wouldn't boot unless connected to monitor so tried amending some Bios settings. Now getting no signal whatsoever. Blue light comes on when powered but can't get to Bios to reset to default. Tried pressing "esc" and "del" etc.

Anyone have any ideas how I might proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by dv38 View Post
          Have Wintel 8, CX-W8. Needed as standalone player without monitor. Wouldn't boot unless connected to monitor so tried amending some Bios settings. Now getting no signal whatsoever. Blue light comes on when powered but can't get to Bios to reset to default. Tried pressing "esc" and "del" etc.

Yeah, you need to reflash the winbond chip using a programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by dv38 View Post

I am in the same boat - haven't bricked my device, but I would like to boot it headless - is there any bios settings that we can change to do this, before i go purchase a dummy plug?

Comment

I am a genius who bricked mine, flashed what was supposed to be a dual bios firmware but it reboots and blue light comes on and I get no display now.

Ah well you live and learn....

Comment

Is the RAM upgradeable to maybe 4GB on this device? I have one that I have been running a while now, but not finding much info on a potential upgrade method.

Comment

No, Z3735F only supports 2GB.

I managed to get into some kind of bios by pressing delete instead of escape.

I am at Aptio Setup Utility and it says:

Is there any way to recover from this?

Think I killed it for good now. Managed to get into EFI shell and install the firmware meant for this box and now it is stuck in a red light blue light boot loop.
                  Last edited by TheLegendOfMart; 11-01-2015, 14:01.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post

Thanks for reply!
                    So I cant just boot from usb stick and do regular w10 install? Do I need to backup activation or it will activate on its own from bios like pipo did? Thanks again!​

lifeisfun

I made a pure install and used a activator crack

Comment

Did someone has problems with slow wifi ?

Eg: When my wintel is near my router the speed test is high, but when is 3 meters far from router it turns slow.

Could It be a driver problem ? Has a link to download the most updated version ?

Ideas ?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by StarDust View Post
                        Hi all,
                        Do you now how to remove Android from this mini pc, and just use available emmc space for new fresh install of Windows 8.1 32 bits?
                        Is there an existing simple procedure?
                        Thanks
                        Yup, just use emmc secure erase in bios option.
                        Make sure to have a usb pen drive with W8 install files to reinstall OS

Comment

Hello I read the whole post, but I'm not clear as to activate the CX-W8 dual boot windows.

1 question; If you do not want to reinstall the windows it is not possible to activate bing win8.1 with traditional methods?

2 If you can not activate can not be activated win8.1 with bing with traditional methods, can someone explain step by step, and then updated to win8 pro or win10, without destroying the dual boot android.

thank you

Comment

A couple of FAQs...
                            *This device appears to have an "embedded invisible virtual display" named AnZhen4: it could happen upon boot that this display is automatically selected as "main" so all windows you try to open will get there... where you can't see them! You will only see a blue screen. Right click on background, or look for charm button on the right to reach PC settings and Display settings and disable the virtual screen (you'll have to "blindly grab" the settings window with the mouse, or you can try "blind keyboard method":
                            keep ALT pressed
                            press spacebar
                            release ALT
                            press cursor down key
                            press ENTER key
                            press cursor right key multiple times until selected window "magically" appears.

*To switch from Windows to Android: click on the Android icon on task bar

*To switch from Android to Windows: pull down from top of the screen: you'll se a Windows icon; click it.

*You can set a wifi connection as a "metered connection" in Windows 8: this prevents PC from automatically downloading tons of MBs of updates, which is good if you use this minipc with a tethered connection (but this will work only with wifi tethering, not USB tethering). Look around for "Enable windows 8 metered connections" for details, or click on the "gear" charm icon, click on active connection (first icon), right click on current connections and select "metered".

* before reinstalling windows remember to backup your drivers!! there are specific free tools, or check msinfo32.exe

* drivers: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....rivers_13.html
                            Last edited by jumpjack; 12-15-2015, 13:31.

Comment

Originally posted by brendantay View Post

I am in the same boat - haven't bricked my device, but I would like to boot it headless - is there any bios settings that we can change to do this, before i go purchase a dummy plug?
                              my device is equipped witha virtual device named AnZhen4 visible in windows display properties.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

han can I make the w8 visible as a USB peripheral of my main PC? I connected using the minipc port but I dont see it inavailable devices.

------------------------
                              Which product key should I purchase to activate windows without reinstaling?

Comment

hi
                                when i bought my cx-w8, there was a icon on the taskbar for switch windows to android. when i reinstall the windows its gone. whats the name of this app? where can i find it? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X