Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regirj View Post
    Yup I made It. First of all I made a secure erase using bios option, and then I put W10 using a pen drive created with rufus 2.3 in GPT mode. Everything works fine.
    Thanks for reply!
    So I cant just boot from usb stick and do regular w10 install? Do I need to backup activation or it will activate on its own from bios like pipo did? Thanks again!​

Comment

So i did some more testing and tweaking today. Again hooking up a multimeter to the 5V supply (via usb).

I played around with the BIOS settings and with the new bios (which offers a lot of settings) i set the SoC passive trip to 65C. This yields in faster throttling of the SoC itself. Which may not be desired by some, but it has some nice side effects. Since throttling occurs very soon (given the low limit) it limits the power SoC draws. This turns out to be beneficial as it appears that dc-dc voltage regulation is poor on this board.

So if anyone is experiencing similar shutdowns, i recommend flashing the latest bios and setting SoC passive trip to 65C. This way its very unlikely that 5V rail will dip below critical level (and thus board shut itself down).

I'm planning on wiring everything that uses straight 5V directly from the DC jack (like usb ports, possibly lan and wireless). This would put less load on the voltage regulation itself. Its not the best practice, but its the easiest way to get around this issue.

Comment

Looks like i did something wrong in the bios. Does anyone know how to reset it ?

Or maybe a blind guide of the bios on W8 with the new bios with more options. Because my board is useless now.

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
          Replaced my original post with links to helpful info.. PM me suggestions for more!!

Auto Power on http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...650#post419650

The auto power on does not work; and I cant flash the bios I get a 280 error.

What I found out that makes the unit auto turn on is changing the OS to Android, but then the sound card and other devices on the unit stop working and appear with no drivers on the Devmgmt.msc

Comment

My wintel box turned off and after that all usb just stoped working. I can't do anything because I can't even go into BIOS. This happened to someone else? Any idea how I can fix it?

Comment

Recently, my Wintel box couldn't connect to Internet via WiFi or LAN. After checking, the LAN adapter was automatically set to a fixed IP address, even after I changed to "Automatically Obtain IP". Then I discovered "TAP Windows Adapter V9" was installed by default. Without knowing whether it's a spyware, I removed it.

The WiFi worked again by then. However, my LAN port has gone, i.e., it doesn't show up in the driver setting, nor the network adapter list anymore. I tried to installed the TAP drivers again but it didn't work.

The WiFi speed is not fast enough to stream some HD videos and making the LAN working again is important to me. Can anybody help?

Comment

Hi, I was copying some files from an usb drive to the memory of the device, when it suddenly rebooted.
                Since then I am not able to turn it on.
                The led keeps blinking red and blue after I turn it on, but no picture.
                What could have happened?

Comment

Nevermind
                  Last edited by lifeisfun; 10-09-2015, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey12 View Post
                    To help peoples with the realtek version

Here is the drivers that i have installed:

Baytrail drivers : https://mega.co.nz/#!l0wA0KpC!c7vMvR...-m4A-Z0wpXTpno
                    (do not use wifi and bluetooth inside, just BayTrail_Drivers folder)

Wifi driver : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...em=ob-140101-1

Bluetooth driver : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...em=ob-139344-1
                    Links to WiFi and BT drivers not working, it will just get you to HP support

Comment

Huh installed windows 10 and it activated without a product key, was going to use one that I got from a friend.

Comment

I fooled around with my Wintel W8. Trying to delete Android and reinstalling windows with a full partition. I deleted all the partitions to create a large partition, but in doing so, the 29GB memory became 0 bytes. Appreciate if anyone can suggest how I can restore my memory partitions! Thanks. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Petecheong View Post
                          I fooled around with my Wintel W8. Trying to delete Android and reinstalling windows with a full partition. I deleted all the partitions to create a large partition, but in doing so, the 29GB memory became 0 bytes. Appreciate if anyone can suggest how I can restore my memory partitions! Thanks. Peter
                          Just create USB drive with windows home installation and do clean install, works great

Comment

Did clean W10 install, slapped 5mm cooling pad on bottom of the board and now temperature streaming 1080p video for over one hour is 51C
                            Very happy with the unit now.​

Comment

Is there any way of installing Android on the version that came with just Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLegendOfMart View Post
                                Is there any way of installing Android on the version that came with just Windows?
                                Sure, just download and restore the system image, I'm puzzled why would you want Android on his device though, crippled old version.​ http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...186086-150829/

Comment

Working...
                                X