No announcement yet.

Sunchip CX-W8 (Z3735F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have bought W8 dual boot but have accidentally deleted Android partition hence android is not booting up. I would be grateful if some body will help me on my these queries

1. Can I flash that with 64bit Bios as currently it is American Megatrend bios 32bit for windows and 64bit for android (I guess)?
    2. Does any one have instructions on how to reinstall both windows and android as dual boot. Kind of fresh installation with instructions?
    3. I tried couple of x86 android 4.4.2 to run and install from usb. it work somehow but doesn't support wifi, bluetooth, google play store so did anybody tried anything like this?

many thanks for help

Comment

Undelete the partition or do you mean you were silly enough to write shedloads of extra data over it afterwards ????

Comment

Don't update 64bit bios (Insyde) if your W8 use American Megatrend bios. It will bricked.

I asked Geekbuying to release American Megatrend bios but still does not now.

Comment

I Spoke with one of Chinese re seller today and they confirmed that W8 will be getting a new firmware update by end of this week. Once I get more information I will definitely share with you guys.

Methanoid - I tried to recover with mini tool but was unsuccessful. But I am trying some of other methods to be back on dual boot again.

dinosauria - I didn't try that as I know both are different Bios. My W8 says the current version of bios are W8_DOS_2.2B. (picture attached) do someone has copy of these bios?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	510588

Comment

I dumped my W8 (American Megatrend bios) before it bricked. I think it is W8_DOS_2.2B.

Attached Files

Comment

I have solved this problem http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ipo-x7s-w8-etc

Here is the solution to reinstall or upgrade dual boot

Comment

Originally posted by ravideep View Post
                I Spoke with one of Chinese re seller today and they confirmed that W8 will be getting a new firmware update by end of this week. Once I get more information I will definitely share with you guys.

Methanoid - I tried to recover with mini tool but was unsuccessful. But I am trying some of other methods to be back on dual boot again.

dinosauria - I didn't try that as I know both are different Bios. My W8 says the current version of bios are W8_DOS_2.2B. (picture attached) do someone has copy of these bios?[ATTACH=CONFIG]n510588[/ATTACH]
                Any word on the new bios ?

It would be also great if the new bios for W8 (dual boot one) would bring more settings, just like cx-w8 has.

Comment

I think there is quite a danger of people flashing Suntech bIOS on Artway box and vice versa.. that MIGHT brick them

Can someone with EITHER box tell me how it is for Steam streaming.. I sold my box and now might want a couple of them if they stream well.

Comment

Originally posted by dinosauria View Post
                    How to reset bios ? Please tell me.
                    I also set HDMI wrong, nothing on the monitor but PC is alive.
                    I already update 64bit bios.
                    Hello. I am an begginer of CX-W8.
                    I also have same problems. Just I plugged off batt, but cmos is not cleaed.
                    I do not installed win 8 on my cx-w8.
                    Any ideas? for example, just like connect usb display or others.

and have questions of "How to boot ubunt form usb device"
                    (I think I can find this question if i search mor carefully)

thanks.

Comment

Try this.

Comment

Thanks. dinosauria. after I will try it. But the bios in my cx-w8 is 64bit bios (updated). Is it ok to do same operation?

Comment

Originally posted by hojnikb View Post
                          Anyone has any ideas what that microUSB port is for ??
                          I tried powering up with a powersupply and using an otg cable. Nothing works..

Also, is anyone experiencing video skipping when watching youtube ? I get it while having hardware acceleration on, but when i turn it off, it plays perfectly fine.
                          I'm using opera 29

i can use the otg cable to connect the keyboard and mouse under win 8.1 pro x86

Comment

Originally posted by jr9qnj View Post

Thanks. dinosauria. after I will try it. But the bios in my cx-w8 is 64bit bios (updated). Is it ok to do same operation?
                            Just I tried this sequence some times, but display is still not active.

Comment

This is additional message. after I reocverd old 32bit bios then hdmi display is enabled.
                              Thanks a lot!
                              Last edited by jr9qnj; 07-15-2015, 05:04.

Comment

I installed 64bit bios but now I can't get Windows installed. 32bit wont boot and 64bit gives me ACPI_BOOT_ERROR bluescreen, what am I doing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X