Clear All

Re: NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

720p files play just fine for me using MX Player

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by broman400 View Post
      720p files play just fine for me using MX Player

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
      Even MXplayer (with or -out the codecs) or BSplayer or Moboplayer etc. don't seem to have any improving effect for the laggy mkv's on my iMito MX1...

Comment

Originally posted by gismo View Post
        Even MXplayer (with or -out the codecs) or BSplayer or Moboplayer etc. don't seem to have any improving effect for the laggy mkv's on my iMito MX1...
        which file do you use for test? can you share? i will also use that to check ,and report to factory and check how to fix.

thanks
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

z
          finless ROM at work in the vid?
          impressive performance... thanks
          c

Originally posted by zafire View Post
          Hey guys its me again
          I just tested out the Counterstirke portable game on my iMito MX1 and it runs really good .
          I was playing with my PS3 controller .
          There is some issue with the game freez and restart when u are in settings but once u have set the controller buttons and started the game the issue is gone and it plays as good as any game on android or pc.

im going to post my test on youtube but the quality of the video is bad so ill make a newer one
          and post it

Here is the youtube link:
          Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Zafire over and out

Comment

Yes it was on Finless rom .
            His work is outstanding .
            Now that he and Alex has helped eachother out with both Kernel and Rom for the UG802 we all kan just post to geekbuying to put some pressure on Imito to release the source as Finless said so that they can giv ous same performance as the UG802..

Originally posted by cognus View Post
            z
            finless ROM at work in the vid?
            impressive performance... thanks
            c

Comment

Thank You!! Great ROM! Received my iMitio MX1 today and quickly installed the ROM. The only issue I ran into was finding a sufficient USB port on my laptop. Keep on with all the great work you have been doing. Can't wait till your next one.

Comment

same problem here ..leave 720p aside ..it cant even play 480p well.. its laggy ..
                i have problems with all my mkv files and they all are basically 480p and i have tried nuemrous video player apps..

so basically its not the app.. its the hardware..and the drivers and the codecs.. IMITO needs to get their things straight

my apacer media player which is like 2 years old plays better videos then this.. even 1080p..no lag at all..

Comment

do you see the same ugly symptoms with MP4 conversions of 720p or Blu-ray spec?

this is a learning curve I'm still trying to climb, re: the various high-def formats, envelopes, compression sets, etc and implementation of hdwe vs software support thereof. there is a long and challenging ongoing thread on xda re: playback of same on Nex 7 - quite a bit of technical data there if someone is interested
                  Hello! I will be updating this thread on video playback capabilities of the Nexus 10, particularly on high-end resolution. The new software update is out and under testing at many sites, as well is it is shipping worldwide, so I'll try to share...

different hardware of course but its interesting that the codecs, rom support, etc are lagging the hardware/firmware each way

Originally posted by XinfinityoO View Post
                  same problem here ..leave 720p aside ..it cant even play 480p well.. its laggy ..
                  i have problems with all my mkv files and they all are basically 480p and i have tried nuemrous video player apps..

so basically its not the app.. its the hardware..and the drivers and the codecs.. IMITO needs to get their things straight

my apacer media player which is like 2 years old plays better videos then this.. even 1080p..no lag at all..

Comment

Originally posted by cognus View Post
                    do you see the same ugly symptoms with MP4 conversions of 720p or Blu-ray spec?

this is a learning curve I'm still trying to climb, re: the various high-def formats, envelopes, compression sets, etc and implementation of hdwe vs software support thereof. there is a long and challenging ongoing thread on xda re: playback of same on Nex 7 - quite a bit of technical data there if someone is interested
                    Hello! I will be updating this thread on video playback capabilities of the Nexus 10, particularly on high-end resolution. The new software update is out and under testing at many sites, as well is it is shipping worldwide, so I'll try to share...

different hardware of course but its interesting that the codecs, rom support, etc are lagging the hardware/firmware each way
                    al my vids are downloaded from the net. it works well on my pc and my Apacer Media Player AL460 no lag at all..all are 480p mkv and very few mp4.. but they have lags in mx1.. the only reason i bought the mx1 was for playing these videos and google market, apps, games..and WIFI !!! as apacer one does not have wifi

the most important features that i needed was video playback and wifi and both dont work well

i dont convert videos anymore.. easier to download them nowdays :P

Comment

Right so...after toying around with different settings and different players available on google play store, I can say the following: the actual only player which doesn't give me stuttering/serious lags is actually BSplayer (using the pro version). MKV files are running in acceptable way, certainly there are some "microlags", but it doesn't effect the actual mood while watching a movie...However even the famous MXplayer (pro version again) suffers from stutters on 720p mkv rips.

I have no idea why is it like that, but again, in a quick comparison to UG802 running Bob's 1.7 firmware I don't experience any of that on MXplayer (or Mobo player etc.). And I'm using same equipment (hdmi cables, hdmi port, power adapter, usb sticks etc.). To me the iMito I've got seems to be very picky about the mkv files

Now I'm happy to have at least BSplayer handling all the video files (mkv, mp4, avi/divx etc.), pity for MXplayer though (like the interface more...)

Comment

Right so...after toying around with different settings and different players available on google play store, I can say the following: the actual only player which doesn't give me stuttering/serious lags is actually BSplayer (using the pro version). MKV files are running in acceptable way, certainly there are some "microlags", but it doesn't effect the actual mood while watching a movie...However even the famous MXplayer (pro version again) suffers from stutters on 720p mkv rips.

I have no idea why is it like that, but again, in a quick comparison to UG802 running Bob's 1.7 firmware I don't experience any of that on MXplayer (or Mobo player etc.). And I'm using same equipment (hdmi cables, hdmi port, power adapter, usb sticks etc.). To me the iMito I've got seems to be very picky about the mkv files

Now I'm happy to have at least BSplayer handling all the video files (mkv, mp4, avi/divx etc.), pity for MXplayer though (like the interface more...)

any diffrence between bsplayer and bsplayer pro..i tried the free version and it had lags.. i thought the pro one didnt have ads only .. the rest was same ?? have you tested the free version of bsplayer

Comment

Originally posted by XinfinityoO View Post

I have MX2 and MK808, and this is completely opposite of my experience. Using MX Player no lag or stuttering even with 15+gb 1080p mkv or other movies streaming from my PC.

Comment

I'm waiting for MX2 to be delivered to me any time soon, so I'll test and compare video/audio playback with MX1 and UG802...the free version of BSPlayer should be basically the same as the pro version except of the ads as said...

XinfinityoO,

There are more detailed settings under BSplayer preferences where you can chcek the actual codecs, SW/HW mode etc., try to play with those...

Still I think something might be dodgy hardware-wise with the unit I have, since MXplayer is basically at the same quality level as BSplayer (if not even higher?).

Comment

Bob you are a legend! The installation process was dead simple, and I have now have the mx1 1.4 on my UG007 (and bluetooth now works properly!).

Comment

Originally posted by myug007 View Post
                                Bob you are a legend! The installation process was dead simple, and I have now have the mx1 1.4 on my UG007 (and bluetooth now works properly!).
                                Have you tried the 1080P update yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X