No announcement yet.

NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this rom be updated to the latest 11-29 update from imito??

Comment

Yes, as soon as I finish the MK808 custom 1080 ROM.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
        For some reason every time I see a reply from Finless I get a little excited. Great job on the rom!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
          Sounds good! Looking forward to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by firestarter2 View Post
            Have you tried the 1080P update yet?
            It isn't done yet??

Comment

imito mx1

hi, I seem to have a lot of troubles with this unit. main example it very intermittently connects to the blutooth keyboard (tried 2 different brands and both rarely work). The seller directed me to this thread and rom to help. I honestly wanted something with 2 qualities;
              #1. Inexpensive.
              #2. Works with little to no fuss / wasting of time.
              I wasted hours and hours now only gonna get THREE HOURS OF SLEEP. Fussing with updating to the latest factory firmware (took over an hour just to download) and it still doesnt work consistent/ right. Is the MX2 much improved ? I see holes in the casing perhaps this allows wireless to work much better (both WIFI AND BLUETOOTH)?
              PS This is my first posting. If I am posting this in the wrong thread please let me know and move it! Thanks so much in advance!

Comment

a little better

plugged in mouse direct and it worked better..set notifications to off..no more problems with netflix. I will try another bt keyboard in case it was the problem (it still will no longer connect)

Comment

iMito MX2

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask. Is there a way to run ubuntu / linux on the iMito MX2. I bought one two weeks ago and still waiting for it, so i decided to research. However this seems like the only forum that really had any information on it. I know the MX802 is able to run it.

Comment

Ubuntu is being worked on - currently in pre-alpha stage

nounta1016, a guy by the name of AndrewDB is working on Ubuntu for the MX1 and similar hardware devices, but it is currently in pre-alpha, so not ready for prime time. This is only meant for developers and those hobbyists that know what they are doing. Just so you know, this is a quote from AndrewDB:

"it won't play movies nor will it run XBMC at this stage, and you can't play any games with it yet (no OpenGL support)"

So you see, although there will eventually be a full blown, working version of Ubuntu for the average Joe, at the moment it is not yet usable. Following is the link to the forum post and download/install instructions from AndrewDB, but it is not for the faint of heart at this point. In future, when it is fully working, Andrew will have an easy install package for the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
                      nounta1016, a guy by the name of AndrewDB is working on Ubuntu for the MX1 and similar hardware devices, but it is currently in pre-alpha, so not ready for prime time. This is only meant for developers and those hobbyists that know what they are doing. Just so you know, this is a quote from AndrewDB:

"it won't play movies nor will it run XBMC at this stage, and you can't play any games with it yet (no OpenGL support)"

So you see, although there will eventually be a full blown, working version of Ubuntu for the average Joe, at the moment it is not yet usable. Following is the link to the forum post and download/install instructions from AndrewDB, but it is not for the faint of heart at this point. In future, when it is fully working, Andrew will have an easy install package for the general public.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4165...007-imito-mx1/
                      Thanks you for the information, followed by the link. I really appreciate it! I will have to wait for a more spoon fed version for someone that lacks computer skills like me.

Comment

imito mx2 rom

Does this rom have over clock I would like to buy this device to make a cheap arcade gta iii sonic games maybe need for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by android.injected View Post
                          Does this rom have over clock I would like to buy this device to make a cheap arcade gta iii sonic games maybe need for speed.
                          You better check that those games that you want to play have gamepad support. And no it does not have overclock yet. And yes you'll need to to some hardware mods to this device to overclock as it will definitely overheat when you overclock. Normal usuage is fine though.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Originally posted by android.injected View Post
                            I was just playing grand theft auto vice city on my mx1, runs great on maxed out settings.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Comment

increase size of app install partition?

Hey Finless,

Would it be possible to increase the size of the application partition in your upcoming ROM? On the stock 11/29 rom I ran out of space for installing apps and had to copy a bunch to the internal storage, but not all applications can be moved to the internal storage.

Thanks. ..looking forward to the new rom!

Comment

Originally posted by airbillion View Post
                                Hey Finless,

Would it be possible to increase the size of the application partition in your upcoming ROM? On the stock 11/29 rom I ran out of space for installing apps and had to copy a bunch to the internal storage, but not all applications can be moved to the internal storage.

Thanks. ..looking forward to the new rom!
                                Not a poblem at all! I will offer a 1gb and a 2gb setup.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X