NEW - iMito MX1 - Finless ROM 1.4 - Root, debloat, init.d support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    I just got my hands on a release from MX1 that says it is 1080P. I will be checking it tonight so stay tuned for a possible ROM.

Bob
    Very excited! I have a couple MX2 on the way and am really looking forward to trying your ROM. I plan to kick some bucks your way too for all your work. Its very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      I just got my hands on a release from MX1 that says it is 1080P. I will be checking it tonight so stay tuned for a possible ROM.

Bob
      WOW! that's exciting news.

So does that totally throw a wrench in your plans to release the update with the auto-hide option for the nav bar until you can incorporate the changes from this 1080P ROM? (Providing this actually is true 1080P support)

Wireless performance aside, this device functions beautifully with your ROM.

Comment

I just got my MX2, i notice that the wifi will stay as full signal bar. However, when I try to download apps in the playstore, it doesn't load, or loads very slowly. Did i get a lemon? Having an android stick without wifi is like buying a game without a game console >_>........ Is there any way to fix it?

Comment

USB debugging

Hi i truly need help i had tried with all sorts of combinations without being successful; i can connect anything into the usb ports, usb keys, keyboard and they all work fine but when i connect to computer nothing happens no media/usb storage notification and no computer usb device connection, as a result i cant flash rom or root.. im so annoyed any help would be great... android wont detect the computer connection nor will windows.

Comment

Originally posted by teabunnie1016 View Post
            I just got my MX2, i notice that the wifi will stay as full signal bar. However, when I try to download apps in the playstore, it doesn't load, or loads very slowly. Did i get a lemon? Having an android stick without wifi is like buying a game without a game console >_>........ Is there any way to fix it?
            I'm actually surprised people buy these expecting to use it with wifi for good streaming of movies, either from the Internet or a local NAS. I'm mean seriously? I would never expect to have a good experience with a wifi media device. I have 4 of these and purchased a USB LAN adapter for each of them. Wired is always the way to go, even the best wifi is crap for any good, consistent, quality streaming. $25 bucks is not a lot to pay for a decent LAN adapter and they run out of the box on these android devices. I tested the wifi on all of them though to let you know my experience, and as far as wifi goes, I got decent download speeds and no real slow down, so either you have a bad wifi chip, a bad router, crappy Internet or there is a lot of interference or too much distance at its location to the router, because its not bad speeds. I understand for those that are putting these in rooms without an ethernet jack, but I wouldn't expect consistent, stutter free playback, but you shouldn't be having the play store download problems you are experiencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
              I'm actually surprised people buy these expecting to use it with wifi for good streaming of movies, either from the Internet or a local NAS. I'm mean seriously? I would never expect to have a good experience with a wifi media device. I have 4 of these and purchased a USB LAN adapter for each of them. Wired is always the way to go, even the best wifi is crap for any good, consistent, quality streaming. $25 bucks is not a lot to pay for a decent LAN adapter and they run out of the box on these android devices. I tested the wifi on all of them though to let you know my experience, and as far as wifi goes, I got decent download speeds and no real slow down, so either you have a bad wifi chip, a bad router, crappy Internet or there is a lot of interference or too much distance at its location to the router, because its not bad speeds. I understand for those that are putting these in rooms without an ethernet jack, but I wouldn't expect consistent, stutter free playback, but you shouldn't be having the play store download problems you are experiencing.
              I agree here. Even with a solid 144mb link to my router 10 feet away on my laptop, playing quality 1080p or even sometimes 720p video from my NAS is a crap-shoot. Rather than deal with what I already know is going to be a poor wireless connection from the MX2 I spent the $10 on a USB-to-Ethernet adapter. Today I finished running a CAT6 line through the wall, up the attic and punched out behind my flat screen TV. Nothing sucks more than buffering wheels while trying to watch a movie. I'm a wireless engineer who has made 100+ mile 1gb+ wireless broadband links and off the shelf commercial routers are not there yet. Add in your 20 favorite neighbors on the same freq and your home wifi is junk. I could use some of my $5,000 radios from work but I worry about frying my families brains lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbardi View Post
                Have you tried a decent wireless N setup? I get a solid 10+MBps put of my HTPC connected through wifi and thats good enough to stream anything. Its rock solid too.

On my UG007 I get a max of 2MBps and thats peak throughput and nowhere near that high consistently. The connection regularly drops and reconnects and streaming anything that is high bitrate is difficult. I'd be happy with the 2MBps if the connection was stable. If done correctly wireless N is capable of streaming high bitrate content. Unfortunately, there is something wrong with the UG007 I have. Whether it's a bad design or a defect I'm not sure.

Comment

Using Wifi on MX1 at work, I get ~30mbit up/down. At home, not that much. Guess the wireless router plays a role in this too I'm using stock rom at the moment. Waiting for the next release of Finless before I flash.

Comment

Just saw this
                    HI guys: In the help of our Rom Developer friend in US, we finally made a true 1080P firmware for iMito MX1 ( also suit for iMito MX2). Here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lksns44d55ivzc/geekbuying_rooted_iMito_MX1_1080P_V411.7z password: geekbuying.com It will come with rooted, and true 1080P output. You should flash this rom with the flash tool, instruction […]

Comment

Originally posted by Bug Splat View Post
                      I agree here. Even with a solid 144mb link to my router 10 feet away on my laptop, playing quality 1080p or even sometimes 720p video from my NAS is a crap-shoot. Rather than deal with what I already know is going to be a poor wireless connection from the MX2 I spent the $10 on a USB-to-Ethernet adapter. Today I finished running a CAT6 line through the wall, up the attic and punched out behind my flat screen TV. Nothing sucks more than buffering wheels while trying to watch a movie. I'm a wireless engineer who has made 100+ mile 1gb+ wireless broadband links and off the shelf commercial routers are not there yet. Add in your 20 favorite neighbors on the same freq and your home wifi is junk. I could use some of my $5,000 radios from work but I worry about frying my families brains lol.
                      Im not sure why people always post things like this. You should have no problem streaming 1080p content over wifi NONE. If you have issues something is wrong with either your router or your NAS or both.

720 should be a no brainer

Comment

hello!

Originally posted by Mique View Post

Did someone had try it? Mine MX1 will come next week hope so :-D

Comment

Originally posted by socialexandru View Post
                          Did someone had try it? Mine MX1 will come next week hope so :-D
                          Works great so far, the only problem i have now is to find my binocular so i can read the text

Comment

Great then

Originally posted by Mique View Post
                            Works great so far, the only problem i have now is to find my binocular so i can read the text
                            Can't wait for mine to come and run this ROM

Comment

Does this new 1080p update include the xbox360 controller support? If not , then I will wait for a new finless rom update. I just got my mx2 stock and am looking to flash it once with everything I need the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by shezzy View Post
                                Does this new 1080p update include the xbox360 controller support? If not , then I will wait for a new finless rom update. I just got my mx2 stock and am looking to flash it once with everything I need the first time.
                                No it does not. I will have to add it to my custom ROM along with CIFs.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X