Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    Well... I'm still learning android and it is difficult to diagnose an issue without the hardware, but it sounds like you're device is hanging while trying to load the android system. If your system partition is borked, wiping data and cache won't help. A factory reset won't work either, because all a factory reset does on these is format data and cache. A factory reset doesn't touch the system partition at all. I believe wipe media is for reformatting the external SD card, which you can't do if the external SD card is in use.

I can't say it's the only way, but the easiest way to resolve the issue would probably be to flash a new rom. Unfortunately, Nextbook, doesn't have a stock rom available for that model. I plan to create one eventually, but I don't know when it will be ready. I still need to get some stock files from someone who owns that model and has it rooted.

ShaunMT
    thnx for the reply, and i don't mind waiting, I'll let you know if I find a way to fix my tablet or if I could get some stock files from someone

Comment

Thank Goodness

I've got a rooted 8HD8G and almost given up trying to find a custom recovery until I read this thread. I'd be happy to help how I can, I'm not new to rooting and I have a basic grasp on how to do things. But only with phones though, I'm not any kind of developer by any means at all. This is the longest I've had a tablet .... Going on 3 days now lol I hard-bricked the first one, and broke the screen on the second one. First was a Dragontouch RK3066 7", second was a Dragontouch RK3066 10.1".

**Edit**

The method I used for rooting was actually located in this forum on THIS particular thread lol

Comment

Amlogic Next8P12 Stuff

I heard from Finless today and some of my files for the Amlogic Next8P12 should be posted soon. The first release for this model will include a stock rom, a modified stock recovery bootable from SD card, a flashable root package and a flashable Gapps package.

And here is another teaser for you... I have CWM Recovery booting from SD card on one of my Amlogic Nextbook models! It is not working correctly yet, but I am close...

Thanks for being patient everyone.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jusbla12345 View Post
          On my Mac, I installed ADB using this link

plugged my device in, and then downloaded this program

and it rooted my tablet. I then just had to install SuperSu from the store.
          Thanx, rooted my nextbook trendy 7 aka next700t
          It's the first and most probably only working root for it

Comment

I heard from Finless today and some of my files for the Amlogic Next8P12 should be posted soon. The first release for this model will include a stock rom, a modified stock recovery bootable from SD card, a flashable root package and a flashable Gapps package.

And here is another teaser for you... I have CWM Recovery booting from SD card on one of my Amlogic Nextbook models! It is not working correctly yet, but I am close...

Thanks for being patient everyone.

ShaunMT
            ShunMT: It worked, I'm officially "teased", if you get the CWM working on this thing you may want to post your paypal info... I'm just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Tread View Post
              ShunMT: It worked, I'm officially "teased", if you get the CWM working on this thing you may want to post your paypal info... I'm just saying
              Well... it boots, but I wouldn't call it "working" just yet. The CWM source code doesn't support UBIFS, so it can't mount any of our partitions except the external SD card and the cache.

This leaves three options:

1. Port one of Christian Troy's ainol recoveries with his UBIFS support mods. (I'm testing currently, but I'm not sure he worked out all the bugs in the versions I can find.)

2. Manually build CWM from source including Christian Troy's UBIFS source code. (It is going to be awhile before I can get around to this.)

3. Convert our Amlogic Nextbooks from UBIFS to EXT4. (This seems like a good idea to me, but I need to learn more about the processes involved before I risk bricking my tabs.)

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) Modified Recovery - Stock Rom - Root & Gapps

Here is my first release of files for the Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) "Black Friday @ Big Lots" tablet:

Enjoy!

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Here is my first release of files for the Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) "Black Friday @ Big Lots" tablet:

Enjoy!

ShaunMT
                  Thanks for all of your hard work!!! Will the above files work with the Next7P12 also? If not, do you expect a soon release that will? I am trying to learn to create my own roms, but for now I think it better to leave it to the pros....

Comment

Originally posted by jeqbrown View Post
                    Thanks for all of your hard work!!! Will the above files work with the Next7P12 also? If not, do you expect a soon release that will? I am trying to learn to create my own roms, but for now I think it better to leave it to the pros....
                    No, these files should not be used with the Next7P12.

Are you referring to the older Rockchip based Next7P12 or the newer Amlogic Next7P12-G with Google Play from Walmart?

I plan to release some files for the Amlogic Next7P12-G soon.

I'm no pro... but I am learning quickly...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

No, these files should not be used with the Next7P12.

Are you referring to the older Rockchip based Next7P12 or the newer Amlogic Next7P12-G with Google Play from Walmart?

I plan to release some files for the Amlogic Next7P12-G soon.

I'm no pro... but I am learning quickly...

ShaunMT
                      Thanks ShaunMT. I am referring to the newer Amlogic. It registers as an M3-chip... I just recently bought two of them thinking them a really good deal for an 8gig tablet. It only took about 2 hours before my son ran out of 'app space'. It seems they only allocated 397MB. I am hoping a newer rom will overcome this?

Comment

Originally posted by jeqbrown View Post
                        Thanks ShaunMT. I am referring to the newer Amlogic. It registers as an M3-chip... I just recently bought two of them thinking them a really good deal for an 8gig tablet. It only took about 2 hours before my son ran out of 'app space'. It seems they only allocated 397MB. I am hoping a newer rom will overcome this?
                        The "8gig" is split up between the system and the internal "sd card". It might be be possible to adjust the partition sizes to increase the app space on a modified ROM, but I think the best solution would be to install a 32GB external SD card and then swap the mount points so the system thinks the external sd card is the internal one and installs the apps to it. There are apps on the play store can do this.

I intend to release a stock firmware for this tablet in the near future, but it may be awhile before I can do any modifications or custom ROMS because I don't own one of these models to test on.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

The "8gig" is split up between the system and the internal "sd card". It might be be possible to adjust the partition sizes to increase the app space on a modified ROM, but I think the best solution would be to install a 32GB external SD card and then swap the mount points so the system thinks the external sd card is the internal one and installs the apps to it. There are apps on the play store can do this.

I intend to release a stock firmware for this tablet in the near future, but it may be awhile before I can do any modifications or custom ROMS because I don't own one of these models to test on.

ShaunMT
                          even a stock rom that works will make me one happy banana

Comment

trying to root nx008hd8g

have tried using adb shell
                            shell@android:/ $ su
                            su
                            Permission denied
                            1|shell@android:/ $ anyone know of a way to get rooted? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by greggwv View Post
                              have tried using adb shell
                              shell@android:/ $ su
                              su
                              Permission denied
                              1|shell@android:/ $ anyone know of a way to get rooted? thanks
                              There is a way posted here in this thread somewhere. Two ways actually...

Also, I plan to send Finless a modified recovery and flashable root package for this model this weekend.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Modified Stock 3e Recovery, Stock ROM and Flashable Root Package For Next8HD8G Posting Soon

I have finished a modified stock 3e recovery, stock ROM and flashable root package for the Next8HD8G. Files should be posted soon.

The Next7P-8G is next. I don't own of these. I still need some stock dump files, and I'll need a tester or two.

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X