Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D33PTHAWTE View Post
    I can get as far as getting the # in android shell but I'm confused beyond that. ronoverdrive could you elaborate a bit more? thanks.
    Same situation here

Comment

Originally posted by D33PTHAWTE View Post
      I can get as far as getting the # in android shell but I'm confused beyond that. ronoverdrive could you elaborate a bit more? thanks.
      Alright first copy Superuser.apk and su from Bin4ry's root app folder to your internal sdcard. From the root shell enter the following:

mv /system/xbin/su /system/xbin/osu
      cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin
      chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

Then install Superuser.apk from Astro and Reboot. If all goes well you should have full root. A good test is to install Busybox Installer from the Play Store and update your busybox binaries.

Comment

Very frustrating. I am not able to gain su access on adb shell anymore to try the commands you posted. I tried running the one touch root app again but still no #. I appreciate your help!

Comment

VICTORY!

boom! rooted!
          ronoverdrive thanks so much! i just copied the two files from bin4ry's folder, (thanks for specifying INTERNAL storage). I then opened the adb shell and typed su for #. then I just copied and pasted each line of code. I nearly botched the whole thing by forgetting to install Superuser, but once I remembered that it worked perfect.
          I tested by both installing busybox and by deleting a system app with root explorer (with system mounted as read/write).
          thanks again man! now I don't need to buy a 3G dongle just to root!

*now to get rid of this horrendous boot "animation"

Comment

Originally posted by Jds View Post
            You have a newer NextBook 8SE (NX008HD8G) yours has Jelly Bean, the Italian method works on ICS and on the older NextBook 8SE (Next8P12), so that is why it is not working...
            From the build.prop, it looks like this tablet is actually this
            http://www.yifangdigital.com/product/M8001.aspx. I still cant find any stock firmware for it though.

Comment

nx008hd9g Working Root Confirmed - Thanks to ronoverdrive!

Props to ronoverdrive! I can confirm that his suggested root method for the $99 Walmart Nextbook 8 HD with Google (model # nx008hd8g) does work! To recap, here are the steps: Download and Unzip Bin4ry Download and Unzip Android SDK Copy su and superuser.apk to INTERNAL SD card Connect nextbook to computer via USB with USB debugging enabled and USB storage disabled. Run Bin4ary with option for normal root method Follow Bin4ry onscreen instructions. Ignore any errors. Upon completion of Bi4ary, Locate the adb app included with Android SDK Open a CMD prompt in windows type "cd" followed by a space and then the path of the adb app located above and press enter type adb shell and press enter type su and press enter verify prompt changed from $ to # type mv /system/xbin/su /system/xbin/osu and press enter type cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin and press enter type chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su and press enter type exit and press enter type exit and press enter again on nextbook, open ASTRO or you preferred file manager and install superuser.apk from sdcard You should now be successfully rooted. Enjoy Thanks again to ronoverdrive!
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I Rooted my NX008HD8G! Thanks to ronoverdrive.

This is my 1st forum post and I just wanted to say, "Thanks!"

Thanks to this forum and ronoverdrive's directions I was able to successfully root my Nextbook NX008HD8G! Thanks a bunch. Someone should make this rooting process a sticky with a little more in the way of explanation. I'm sure a lot of people might see it and wonder about where to get the appropriate drivers/how to install them.

If anyone knows of a similarly simple method for an Inspire 4G or Desire HD phone with 3.20.502.52 710RD latest stock Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware I'd love to see it. I've found so many methods and so much advice for the phone I'm suffering from information overload. Plus it's my daily driver and I can't afford to screw it up. So many methods and dire warnings have me a bit put off, but I'd really like to root it now that I've switched from AT&T's evil empire and got it sim unlocked and onto a carrier costing half as much a month.

Thanks again.
                Last edited by technisol; 07-18-2013, 05:50. Reason: darned automistake keyboard

Comment

Amlogic Nextbook Signing Problem Possibly Solved!

FYI Everyone.

I believe I have solved the signing problem on the various Amlogic Nextbook models. I have a bit more testing to do, but I think I can create flashable root packages for all of the Amlogic Nextbook models, flashable GApps packages where needed, and possibly even full system update.zips for some models.

I have already managed to bypass the signature verification to flash install GApps on the "Big Lots Black Friday" Amlogic Next8P12. I also own one of the "$99 Walmart" Next8HD8G models which I am testing on.

Right now my time is split between the office, school, parenting, etc... so it may be a few days before I'm ready to upload anything.

Stay tuned.

ShaunMT
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

RE: Amlogic Signing problem Possibly solved

Definitely keep us updated, I would love to root my Next7p12-8g, the $69 WalMart special they did back in May.
                    NEXTBOOK NX700QC16G Rooted with updated firmware to allow 13GB App Space

Comment

Originally posted by RosaFang View Post
                      Definitely keep us updated, I would love to root my Next7p12-8g, the $69 WalMart special they did back in May.
                      I don't own that mode,l so I hadn't followed the threads about it very closely, but I now see that the only root method currently available appears to be the 3G Dongle method...

Anyhow, I believe I can make a flashable update for the stock recovery that will install su and superuser.apk or supersu.apk for root on any Amlogic Nextbook. When I'm ready, you can be the tester for the Next7p12-8g, since I don't own that one.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Sounds encouraging

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                        FYI Everyone.

I believe I have solved the signing problem on the various Amlogic Nextbook models. I have a bit more testing to do, but I think I can create flashable root packages for all of the Amlogic Nextbook models, flashable GApps packages where needed, and possibly even full system update.zips for some models.

I have already managed to bypass the signature verification to flash install GApps on the "Big Lots Black Friday" Amlogic Next8P12. I also own one of the "$99 Walmart" Next8HD8G models which I am testing on.
                        ShaunMT,

Can you share some details when you get a chance, even if it isn't working yet? I'd be quite interested, and it seems there may be several paths to root if you've got a working method to sign updates.

Thanks.

BAR

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                          I don't own that mode,l so I hadn't followed the threads about it very closely, but I now see that the only root method currently available appears to be the 3G Dongle method...

Anyhow, I believe I can make a flashable update for the stock recovery that will install su and superuser.apk or supersu.apk for root on any Amlogic Nextbook. When I'm ready, you can be the tester for the Next7p12-8g, since I don't own that one.

ShaunMT
                          I am willing to test as well! Just keep me posted and i can give feedback.

Comment

No disassemble number 5?

Originally posted by Ae3nerdgod View Post
                            detailed pictures of innards

hypertexttranserprotocolcolonslashslashimgur(dot)c om/a/eZq7C#4
                            Hey Ae3nerdgod (or anyone else who has opened their Next7P12-8G case), I see the pics are labeled for the Next7P12-8G SN YFG111210...

I assume you just pried the case open? I hope to do it right and not crack the case.
                            Can you provide some details? Any trouble getting it reassembled?
                            Two Nextbook NEXT7P12-8G tablets, freed from the Borg Collective!

Comment

root: Zoom modem and Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable

I have three Nextbooks Next7p12-8G SN YFG111287... just begging to be rooted!

I ordered these, and hope they will get the job done.
                              modem

cable

I will post my findings for those who may end up buying or using these.

Any other combos people want to post for reference?

Comment

Shaunmt's signing fix?

Originally posted by Th3rdborn View Post
                                I am willing to test as well! Just keep me posted and i can give feedback.
                                Count this lab rat in too.

Comment

Working...
                                X