No announcement yet.

Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a few things I have been scowering the internet for more info.

Its seems the hardware in the 7p12 is the the same as the ainol novo mars

That being said they have update files for the ainol novo mars but I dont want to flash them. I looked and the files structure is the same as the stuff for the next8p that you guys have working.

As for hardware on the next7p it is
    Manu:YIFANG
    Device: M727MC
    Brand:Nextbook
    Processor: ARMv7 rev 4(v71) Amlogic 8726-M3 ARM Cortex A9/1GHZ

Android:4.0.4
    Kernel Version
    amlogic@droid #431
    Tue Oct 16 14:33:55 CST 2012
    Build Number
    IMM761.v005

When I follow the process as listed above on reboot (files on the micro SD NOT internal mem)
    In green righting: Android is upgrading flashes twice
    then I get the recovery screen that has the folowing

Android system recovery <e3>

Android system recovery utilty

reboot system now
    apply update from sdcard
    whipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    appky update from cache
    whipe media partition

e:Bad bootload arguments
    "(null)"
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole -file signature
    E:signature verification failes
    Installation aborted.

When I shose the apply update from cache I got the big green robot and a progress bar that took less than 2 secs to complete with no attional information or messages

When I shose apply from sdcard
    --Install /sdcard ...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Verifying update package...
    E:failed to verify whole -file signature
    E:signature verification failes
    Installation aborted.

Now my sd card does have and ext partition on it as well I dont see how that coudl be affecting it but I can repartition the sdcard without it and give it another go

Last edited by duandroid; 01-15-2013, 02:06. Reason: dded kernel info

Comment

Originally posted by PavelCZ View Post

I finally decided to buy different device with better specification with the same price and mainly with BETTER SUPPORT from users and developers ;-)

Your tablet sucks. Have a fun with your Rooting adventure! I will go to enjoy my working, rooted machine ;-)

Bye, bye
      What did you buy?
      Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
      AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

You're not getting into the sdcard recovery at all based on all the false starts I got testing alternate recoveries from SDcard. My guess is that the recovery files working on the 8p12 aren't compatible with the 7p12. If those files were working at all you wouldn't even see the bootloader options (we don't when rooting the 8p12 via the recovery files).

Comment

Originally posted by Stellsville View Post
          just unistall it from card if you want anything off sd card, if stuck do power +(-), it will reset. checking out gapps now...
          How did you put Google Play on it?

Comment

I got Google Play working (although quite a few apps are not shown, need to get a full market fix). Just take an ICS Gapps package and copy whatever is in the /system/apps folder to the device's system/apps, etc. Oddly I can't get Gmail working but I think I just need to reset it to the right permissions. Messing with that now.

Comment

YAY Another Next8p12 ROOTED!!!

Yep, my tablet is now rooted! I had a partitioned sd card from a Motorola Droidx2. For whatever reason my tablet didn't want to root from it, and I didn't want to format it or move all my stuff around. So I got a new Sandisk 8gb #4, formatted it, copied the secret Italian files onto it and away we go!

Now I know there are some busy little bees buzzing around at the custom rom factory. I'm a patient noobie. I don't even exactly know what to put on the wish list. I'm sure the bees know! I just wanted something a little bigger to replace the droidx2 and do most of what it could do. The stock rom kind of....well it just leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks again, everyone, for keeping this thread alive with your hard work right to the happy ending.

Comment

your right i think and even a closer look my nexybook seems to be running the amlogic 8726 and the 8p12 is running the amlogic 8727

im going to look more at the novo stuff ireally think that is going to be my best bey

Originally posted by ozymandiaz View Post
                You're not getting into the sdcard recovery at all based on all the false starts I got testing alternate recoveries from SDcard. My guess is that the recovery files working on the 8p12 aren't compatible with the 7p12. If those files were working at all you wouldn't even see the bootloader options (we don't when rooting the 8p12 via the recovery files).

Comment

Unzip the patch.zip file from that link on XDA, they added some redundant folders when creating the zip file but once you get to the directory with root.zip and the other files copy those over to the root of the *external* SD card directory. As you mentioned leave root.zip as-is. Turn off the tablet (you'll probably want the power cord plugged in to be safe) then hold the Volume down button and push the power button. You should shortly see an "Upgrading... Please wait" prompt in green and then it'll go to a black screen. Don't panic, give up, try to reboot, start playing russian roulette, etc because that black screen will turn into a normal bootup screen with the Nextbook logos after a minute or two. When the tablet loads you'll be rooted, you can verify by using Astro to navigate to the /system/bin directory and find the SU binary inside along with superuser.apk in the /system/apps folder.

I'm getting some errors on google apps (maps not available in the play store, gmail and Chrome fail to run) but that's probably because I got lazy and just copied the contents of the Gapps zip file to their respective locations on the device instead of installing it via ADB. I'll mess with it more when I get home, but it's definitely rooted and Titanium Backup works just fine for removing bloatware.
                  Congrats on your root! I'm anxious to hear how you get Googla Play installed and Chrome working. Can we use the same patch structure with a different zip file to easily install the Gapps files?

Can finless use the u-boot in this patch in place of ours that he found to be locked?

One more question, has this thing really been around since November 6th, as indicated by timestamps on some of the files in the patch.zip file?

Comment

Originally posted by kinggrog View Post
                    Same screen failed signature.
                    I'm disappointed again. It may be because I have a YF0912. Hmmmm that looks like Sept 2012 to me. Most of you have YF1012....Oct 2012. Could they have changed signature key every month?

My Kernel version
                    amlogic@droid #269
                    Mon Sep 17 12:31:57 CST 2012

Build number
                    V1.06.lMM76l.eng.root.20120917

Any ideas?

I see on here and xda forum that I am still not alone with this tar baby. At least some of us are rooted. I'll be looking for 3g dongle and OTG method IF I hear someone with my serial number has rooted with that method not before. For all I know that ppp file is locked on my tablet also.

Has anyone failed the 3g dongle root?

Thanks everyone for all the work!
                    One of our tablets has S/N YF1012xxxxx and the other is YF0912xxxxx and the 3G dongle method worked for both of them.

Comment

OK so getting new sd card with no ext partition on it.... maybe that is why it can tno find the custom recovery....

Will report back shortly

Originally posted by kinggrog View Post
                      Yep, my tablet is now rooted! I had a partitioned sd card from a Motorola Droidx2. For whatever reason my tablet didn't want to root from it, and I didn't want to format it or move all my stuff around. So I got a new Sandisk 8gb #4, formatted it, copied the secret Italian files onto it and away we go!

Now I know there are some busy little bees buzzing around at the custom rom factory. I'm a patient noobie. I don't even exactly know what to put on the wish list. I'm sure the bees know! I just wanted something a little bigger to replace the droidx2 and do most of what it could do. The stock rom kind of....well it just leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks again, everyone, for keeping this thread alive with your hard work right to the happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by duandroid View Post
                        your right i think and even a closer look my nexybook seems to be running the amlogic 8726 and the 8p12 is running the amlogic 8727
                        If the Next7P12 has an AMLogic 8726-M3 chipset, they are the same. I don't think there is an AMLogic 8727.

Comment

So even with a clean single partition still a no go.

Im no going to start looking itno the novo7 stuff. It has a few updates for it will see what I can see

Comment

I dunno was just going off your siggy LOL typo?

Originally posted by eegorr View Post
                            If the Next7P12 has an AMLogic 8726-M3 chipset, they are the same. I don't think there is an AMLogic 8727.

Comment

I got Google Play working (although quite a few apps are not shown, need to get a full market fix). Just take an ICS Gapps package and copy whatever is in the /system/apps folder to the device's system/apps, etc. Oddly I can't get Gmail working but I think I just need to reset it to the right permissions. Messing with that now.
                              I think I'm starting to understand just enough to be dangerous here, so check this for me.

If I put gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip in the root of a micro-sd card and copy uImage_recovery, u-boot-aml-ucl.bin, and factory_update_param.aml from that working root patch zip file (Patch.zip), then edit the factory_update_param.aml file to make it point to the right zip file (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip), will that become an auto-install for all of the Gapps files?

I'm guessing I will have to edit the factory_update_param.aml file on the tablet itself, right?

If I'm out to lunch here, get back to me soon, because I am going to try it!

EDIT: Ready to go... where are you, ozyman?
                              Last edited by eegorr; 01-15-2013, 04:46.

Comment

Originally posted by duandroid View Post
                                I dunno was just going off your siggy LOL typo?
                                LOL! Thanks for the catch!

Comment

Working...
                                X