No announcement yet.

Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NextbookUSA is so full of shit .. here is yifang digitals chinese forum with firmware .. download google chrome and set it to auto translate otherwise good luck reading it. ..

http://bangpai.taobao.com/group/1451....0.0.43.dd93Zf ..

I believe the firmware is in the first sticky .. I tried the firmware from xda , didnt work , im bricked, so im trying everything i can .. lol ..

Awesome Job on finding the Root ..

Comment

Originally posted by eegorr View Post
      I think I'm starting to understand just enough to be dangerous here, so check this for me.

If I put gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip in the root of a micro-sd card and copy uImage_recovery, u-boot-aml-ucl.bin, and factory_update_param.aml from that working root patch zip file (Patch.zip), then edit the factory_update_param.aml file to make it point to the right zip file (gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip), will that become an auto-install for all of the Gapps files?

I'm guessing I will have to edit the factory_update_param.aml file on the tablet itself, right?

If I'm out to lunch here, get back to me soon, because I am going to try it!
      BeCareful Mang .. Doh` .. Oh thas right you have a Spare .. LMBO

Comment

Originally posted by bryman777 View Post
        NextbookUSA is so full of shit .. here is yifang digitals chinese forum with firmware .. download google chrome and set it to auto translate otherwise good luck reading it. ..

http://bangpai.taobao.com/group/1451....0.0.43.dd93Zf ..

I believe the firmware is in the first sticky .. I tried the firmware from xda , didnt work , im bricked, so im trying everything i can .. lol ..

Awesome Job on finding the Root ..
        Interesting find, but most of the posts are from last year - remember, you need a zip update for AMLogic - .img will not do the job.
        Nextbook Premium 8 SE (Next8P12) - * ROOTED * (Sold on ****)
        AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 @ 1GHz

Nextbook Premium 8 HD (N0008HD8G) - * ROOTED *

Nextbook 8 (NX785QC8G) - STOCK (unfortunately)

Comment

Originally posted by Stellsville View Post
          just glad I could help all you guys out there, THANK YOU for all you guys do!!!!!
          Actually, someone beat you to it, but only by about 8 hours:

Comment

Interesting find, but most of the posts are from last year - remember, you need a zip update for AMLogic - .img will not do the job.
            uumm yeah .. ive downloaded 2 udate zips for the e8 .. the files are dated ..
            8/29/2012 factory_update_aml
            8/29/2012 uImage recovery
            8/21/2012 update.zip
            (the dates Above seem about right)
            E8 4.1.1
            11/27/2012 factory_update_param.aml
            11/27/2012 Uimage_recovery
            11/27/2012 update.zip

so if theres a factory_update_param_aml .. its for a amlogic

Our tablets were made last year ..

Im a little smarter than trying to do a update with a .img file ..

Comment

Hey...I gotta sleep too:-)

Actually, someone beat you to it, but only by about 8 hours:
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post46672
              Iv'e been trying evrything on this thread since it started...just wanted to let the early risers know it worked...no offense meant!

Comment

Originally posted by bryman777 View Post
                uumm yeah .. ive downloaded 2 udate zips for the e8 .. the files are dated ..
                8/29/2012 factory_update_aml
                8/29/2012 uImage recovery
                8/21/2012 update.zip
                (the dates Above seem about right)
                E8 4.1.1
                11/27/2012 factory_update_param.aml
                11/27/2012 Uimage_recovery
                11/27/2012 update.zip

so if theres a factory_update_param_aml .. its for a amlogic

Our tablets were made last year ..

Im a little smarter than trying to do a update with a .img file ..
                Okay, okay! LOL!

The second one looks like the best bet because our kernel is dated Sept. 17, 2012 - August is too early.

If you run into the signature problem, try using uImage_recovery from the patch.zip file that seems to work for our tablets. There is a file called u-boot-aml-ucl.bin in the same zip file.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stellsville View Post
                  Iv'e been trying evrything on this thread since it started...just wanted to let the early risers know it worked...no offense meant!
                  No sweat. I'd seen that post, too, but couldn't try it myself since I was already rooted.

From the timestamps inside the zip file it looks like this patch has been around since November 6th - if true, we've all been wasting time spinning our wheels for the last couple of months!

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    Back to the same old problems.... U-boot is locked! Thus I cannot make a system.zip package as it will just come back with invalid signature again

We are going to have to find a u-boot.bin that is unlocked from some other M3 tablet or we will not get a stock ROM....

So once again, one problem solved and another stays

Anyway, I should have a system.zip this weekend.

Eegorr, yes please dump all the files from /system. Do you have a linux setup? As dumping to windows will blow all the symlinks and permissions.

To dump all the files and maintain all the lnks etc use this copy command from ADB

busybox cp -r --no-dereference --preserve=all system/* system2
                    where system2 is a directory on your linux box. That command will copy everything from /system to your Linux box. Then TAR the folder.

Bob
                    I finally got the Android SDK set up in my freshly installed Ubuntu VM and I can open a shell on my tablet with adb. Do you still want me to dump the system directory for you?

Looks like we have a working u-boot.bin now - does that get you any further?

BTW, if anyone is looking for it, the USB Vendor ID for this tablet is 18d1 - same as "Google", according to this list: http://developer.android.com/tools/d...html#VendorIds.
                    Last edited by eegorr; 01-15-2013, 16:26.

Comment

I finally got the Android SDK set up in my freshly installed Ubuntu VM and I can open a shell on my tablet with adb. Do you still want me to dump the system directory for you?

Looks like we have a working u-boot.bin now - does that get you any further?

BTW, if anyone is looking for it, the USB Vendor ID for this tablet is 18d1 (same as "Google", according to this list: http://developer.android.com/tools/d...html#VendorIds).

Go for it mang .. you should do it .. then upload it .. so when bob comes back around he can take a look at it ..

Comment

Okay, okay! LOL!

The second one looks like the best bet because our kernel is dated Sept. 17, 2012 - August is too early.

If you run into the signature problem, try using uImage_recovery from the patch.zip file that seems to work for our tablets. There is a file called u-boot-aml-ucl.bin in the same zip file.

Good luck!
                        Yah i got them downloaded, unzipped them . looked at the build props,, there for the new dual core aml8726 mx tabs as seen here .. http://www.e-nextbook.com/805nd.html .. comming soon to a big lots near you .. haha .. I tried swapping build props .. Im thinking my tablet is just to far gone .. I might get another el-cheapo brand with a rk3066 (something already rooted or easy to root) .. then wait a few months for the prices to drop on the retina display quadcore tabs .. ill bet in 6 to 9 months nextbook will be dumping quad core tabs at big lots .. lol

Comment

Whoops, I wasn't getting email notifications from the site of new posts for some reason so I missed yours Eegor. The root recovery edits to install gapps sounds reasonable to me since the gapps zip is usually flashed through recovery. Worth a try anyways but I think you'll run into the same problems. I have the play store working fine and most other Google services / gapps by just copying the respective folders from the zip to the tablet. A lot of apps are not shown in the play store and some are marked "not compatible with your device" even though they work fine after a manual .apk install because the store thinks we're in China. I was able to install all of my son's games / apps via the "my apps" window and opening the "all" tab. Two apps I haven't been able to run are Gmail and chrome, they both open and then force close right away, permissions doesn't seem to be the problem with them since they're not system apps. I was messing with build.prop trying to get it to recognize us as being in the US but couldn't find a country tag. I DID however find a tag disabling the GPS, I edited that to "gps enable = true" instead of false and as far as I can tell got MUCH better positioning on Google maps and earth. Looks like we just may have a GPS in this gadget although eFun specifically disabled it in build.prop if there is one.

Comment

Wow, I guess a lot happened in 2 days or so.
                            I guess now with basically everyone having root, I don't have much to add.
                            Our customer already picked up their tablet, and to answer your question eegorr, we charge $15 for rooting android devices, I didn't know this one would be such a PITA compared to every other device out there.
                            Sort of took a loss on that one since we had to buy the modem, but now I have one in case I need one for my own tablet

And no permissions changes were necessary, I did get chrome running without any hitch, and installed angry birds, both run as well as expected.
                            With that particular gapps package, I just moved all the files into the system folder where they go, and didn't do anything with that one script folder.

I don't know how much tinkering you did during the process of the attempted root, but I did a factory reset on the tablet before I started. Did you have problems getting the play store running?

I did notice the play store immediately FCs if there are no google accounts created though. Normally it should ask you to add an existing one or create a new one, it doesn't, just FC.

Comment

Re: Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

I'm seeing people get rooted. I want to be one! But if I'm reading right, the Next7P12 with AMlogic chip can only be rooted with OTG usb cable and 3G dongle?

Sent from my Next7P12 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by papamark View Post
                                I'm seeing people get rooted. I want to be one! But if I'm reading right, the Next7P12 with AMlogic chip can only be rooted with OTG usb cable and 3G dongle?

Sent from my Next7P12 using Tapatalk HD
                                As far as I know, no one has rooted the Next7P12-8G. But it does appear to be running the same chip as the Nextbooks that have been rooted.

I have a Next7P12-8G which has the ARMv7 Processor and the AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M Hardware. My adapter cable arrived in the mail today. It's the correct cable. I plugged a USB jump drive in and the tablet recognized it immediately. I need to borrow my friend's USB internet dongle now. Hopefully it works for the root.

My friend is still at work for a bit. Once she's off, I'll scoop her internet dongle. I'll report back in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X