No announcement yet.

Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooted Next7P12-8G without Dongle Method!

Originally posted by jusbla12345 View Post
    On my Mac, I installed ADB using this link

plugged my device in, and then downloaded this program

and it rooted my tablet. I then just had to install SuperSu from the store.
    This is great! Took less than three minutes.

Update:

We also own two Next7p12's without Google Play. I used this same root for both of those and they rooted with no problem! I had to download Root Explorer, Root Checker, and SuperSu and put them on the SD card. I also copied the system folder/app from the "gapps-ics-20120429-signed" to the SD card. After I rooted the tablets, I installed Root Checker, then SuperSu, then Root Explorer. Then I copied the gapp files to the system/app directory using Root Explorer. Rebooted. Now I have the Play Store! Great Job!
    Last edited by papamark; 08-08-2013, 23:33.

Comment

Originally posted by jame_s View Post
      right now i'd be happy just to get a stock rom to do a recovery, my son managed to completely blank his 7p12-8g and all it will do is boot to recovery mode. can you post the stock rom when you get a chance to package it?
      It's coming. But it will be awhile, as I don't actually own one of these. I still need to find some of the stock files from someone who does have one. I'll start on this model after I finish the Next8P12 and the Next8HD8G.

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Th3rdborn View Post
        I would love it if you could upload the custom recoveries you have. It's all I need to fix my bricked tablet (NX008HD8G Wal Mart). So I can Nandroid my wife's same model and restore it to mine that's stuck in bootloop. Then I can help you with anything you need for building the custom ROM. Thanks!
        It's coming...

I'm nearly finished with the modified recovery, stock rom, root package and gapps package for the Next8P12. I think I just need to do one more round of testing to confirm everything is working as I expect it to. I'll probably send these files for the Next8P12 to Finless today or tomorrow.

Then I'll start the Next8HD8G. The Next8HD8G shouldn't take long because I mostly know what I'm doing now. Most of the work is already done and just needs testing. I started on the Next8P12 because I had two of them. I only have one of the Next8HD8G and I didn't want to risk bricking it until I knew I could recover from it.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hey shaunmt - that's such great news. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm really excited start playing with my nextbook tab! Please keep us posted!!! I able to do some testing too.

Comment

re: Nexbook AMlogic root WORK!

That sounds awesome shauntmt. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this tablet.

I fudged up trying to install gapps so I look forward to going back to stock then flashing gapps with your method.

Comment

cw recovery

WHat we need more then anything is a cw recovery to bypass the signature verification.

Comment

Originally posted by johnalli View Post
                WHat we need more then anything is a cw recovery to bypass the signature verification.
                Using my modified recoveries, you can attempt to flash any thing that has been signed or re-signed with google test keys.

I plan to work on CWM recovery eventually, but it won't be anytime soon. CWM doesn't like the way the way our kernal/recovery is packaged. It looks like building it for our devices is going to require learning how to build android for new devices with no current recovery available.

My modified recovery, stock rom, root package and gapps package files for the Next8P12 have been sent to Bob for posting. I plan to send him some files for the Next8HD8G this weekend. I need to get some additional dump files for the Next7P-G, then I'll provide files for it as well.

After that, I'll start taking a closer look at modifying the stock rom and possibly building CWM.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

cw recovery

the main problem is the amlogic chips uses a diffrent type of boot system. which is a pain in the buttocks to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by johnalli View Post
                    the main problem is the amlogic chips uses a diffrent type of boot system. which is a pain in the buttocks to deal with.
                    I can certainly agree with that! Thus far, I'm just glad that I figured out how to unpack, modify and repack the boot.img and come up with a way to sign and flash .zip packages.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                      I can certainly agree with that! Thus far, I'm just glad that I figured out how to unpack, modify and repack the boot.img and come up with a way to sign and flash .zip packages.

ShaunMT
                      Glad someone has I have been trying everything I know to sign those files and make a custom rom. my zeki tab and my old pandigital were far easier for me to make roms for

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
                        It's coming. But it will be awhile, as I don't actually own one of these. I still need to find some of the stock files from someone who does have one. I'll start on this model after I finish the Next8P12 and the Next8HD8G.

ShaunMT
                        I have one of the M3 mode 7p12-8G s, If i can help in any way, please let me know.

Comment

NextBook Premium 7

Originally posted by Th3rdborn View Post
                          I am willing to test as well! Just keep me posted and i can give feedback.
                          count me in as well!

Comment

Next7p12-8g amlogic stuck on boot

i need help after i rooted my tablet using motochopper (which worked successfully) i used and app called ifont and i had some custom font on my sd card that i thought would work, the first two fonts work without getting me stuck on the boot screen but the third font i tried caused my nextbook 7 to be stuck on the finger and that scrolling circle bootscreen until the battery drains. i can still get into recovery 3e ,which i did the reset and wipe media and cache partion on but for some reason when i try to wipe the media partition i get and error "E:format_volume: fdisk.media failed on /dev/block/avnft18p1 (127)" then "media wipe complete". how can i get my tablet to boot like normal? (i'm a little new to rooting and stuff like this) if any of you are making a stock rom will i be able to flash it and make my device work again? i could be as patient as possible i just want to know if ill be able to get my tablet back to normal one day.

Comment

Originally posted by thtkidsvm View Post
                              i need help after i rooted my tablet using motochopper (which worked successfully) i used and app called ifont and i had some custom font on my sd card that i thought would work, the first two fonts work without getting me stuck on the boot screen but the third font i tried caused my nextbook 7 to be stuck on the finger and that scrolling circle bootscreen until the battery drains. i can still get into recovery 3e ,which i did the reset and wipe media and cache partion on but for some reason when i try to wipe the media partition i get and error "E:format_volume: fdisk.media failed on /dev/block/avnft18p1 (127)" then "media wipe complete". how can i get my tablet to boot like normal? (i'm a little new to rooting and stuff like this) if any of you are making a stock rom will i be able to flash it and make my device work again? i could be as patient as possible i just want to know if ill be able to get my tablet back to normal one day.
                              Well... I'm still learning android and it is difficult to diagnose an issue without the hardware, but it sounds like you're device is hanging while trying to load the android system. If your system partition is borked, wiping data and cache won't help. A factory reset won't work either, because all a factory reset does on these is format data and cache. A factory reset doesn't touch the system partition at all. I believe wipe media is for reformatting the external SD card, which you can't do if the external SD card is in use.

I can't say it's the only way, but the easiest way to resolve the issue would probably be to flash a new rom. Unfortunately, Nextbook, doesn't have a stock rom available for that model. I plan to create one eventually, but I don't know when it will be ready. I still need to get some stock files from someone who owns that model and has it rooted.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Nextbook 7P-8G Rooted...now what???

Originally posted by papamark View Post
                                This is great! Took less than three minutes.

Update:

We also own two Next7p12's without Google Play. I used this same root for both of those and they rooted with no problem! I had to download Root Explorer, Root Checker, and SuperSu and put them on the SD card. I also copied the system folder/app from the "gapps-ics-20120429-signed" to the SD card. After I rooted the tablets, I installed Root Checker, then SuperSu, then Root Explorer. Then I copied the gapp files to the system/app directory using Root Explorer. Rebooted. Now I have the Play Store! Great Job!
                                My NextBook Premium 7 is now rooted; so...how do i get Clockwork Recovery and Cyanogenmod on this sucker?

Comment

Working...
                                X