Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodge28 View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a stock rom or custom rom that would work with my Nextbook Premium 7
    with serial number YF1012 my wifi and soft buttons are not working, hope someone can help me

thanks
    I don't think anyone recognizes this serial number. Is this one of the newer Amlogic models, commonly found at Wal Mart? If so, is it the single core one, or the newer dual core model?

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      I don't think anyone recognizes this serial number. Is this one of the newer Amlogic models, commonly found at Wal Mart? If so, is it the single core one, or the newer dual core model?

ShaunMT

It's a single core, 2012 model

maybe a 2012 model firmware would be compatible I hope someone would share the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by rodge28 View Post
        It's a single core, 2012 model

maybe a 2012 model firmware would be compatible I hope someone would share the firmware.
        I can't be sure, but I suspect this is the Amlogic based Next712-8G with Google Play that Walmart currently sells for $69. I've got a modified recovery, stock rom, and root package for that model in testing currently. As soon as it's tested and confirmed working, I'll post the files.

I just noticed a newer tablet at Walmart, which is the Next7HD-8G (NX007HD8G) for $79. I have not yet heard from anyone who has purchased this model.

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I can't be sure, but I suspect this is the Amlogic based Next712-8G with Google Play that Walmart currently sells for $69. I've got a modified recovery, stock rom, and root package for that model in testing currently. As soon as it's tested and confirmed working, I'll post the files.

I just noticed a newer tablet at Walmart, which is the Next7HD-8G (NX007HD8G) for $79. I have not yet heard from anyone who has purchased this model.

ShaunMT

Tnx ShaunMT

will wait :-)

/Rodge

Comment

Awesome. I flashed back to stock and finally got gapps installed without any issues. Thanks again ShaunMT.

Looking forward to seeing what type of ROM you cook up for us in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieH View Post
              Awesome. I flashed back to stock and finally got gapps installed without any issues. Thanks again ShaunMT.

Looking forward to seeing what type of ROM you cook up for us in the future.
              Glad you found it useful! Thanks for the feedback.
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

hi shaunmt

found the manual of my Nextbook Premium 7 YF1012 here is the full specs
                Cortex-A8 1ghz, 512mb ddr android 4.0 4gb Internal storage
                7" capacitive display with 800x480 pixels

/rodge

Comment

Confirmed root via Cydia Impactor root method on nextbook S7JNext7P12-8G / YFG0513 (Canadian Version)
                  But don't you dare install another font(with rom tools) I also changed the boot screen, that worked fine, but the font change bricked mine last night the first time it worked, has some awesome font but then found another even better font and voila la brick haha oh well back to walmart she goes for another one

on a side note, if any of you are canadian and have roughly the same year/model have you been able to successfully install a custom rom, or is the rk30/m3 still out of luck for this ? I was thinking of dumping and building a custom rom along the lines of PACman since I absolutely love AOKP and Paranoid together.

Comment

CWM and Cyanogenmod

Currently building my first test build of CWM and Cyanogenmod...

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Currently building my first test build of CWM and Cyanogenmod...

ShaunMT
                      Hope it goes well. Am willing to test.

Comment

Originally posted by pabeader View Post
                        Hope it goes well. Am willing to test.
                        Well... it built, but didn't package correctly. Trying to solve that build error.

Also trying to figure out what nextbook blobs need to be extracted from the stock rom.

I'll continue troubleshooting for awhile. If I can't figure out how to build from source successfully, I'm fairly certain I can port the CWM / TWRP, Cyanogenmod and Paranoid Android builds that Christian Troy made for the Ainol series.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Well... it built, but didn't package correctly. Trying to solve that build error.

Also trying to figure out what nextbook blobs need to be extracted from the stock rom.

I'll continue troubleshooting for awhile. If I can't figure out how to build from source successfully, I'm fairly certain I can port the CWM / TWRP, Cyanogenmod and Paranoid Android builds that Christian Troy made for the Ainol series.

ShaunMT
                          Dear ShaunMT, could you please see this file.... Is the stock ROM for Master-G g810c. I was able to root this tablet and posted the "italian" method (AML8726-M3). I think is the same device that is spoken here but with other brand and I think could be useful to have another stock rom to get CyanogenMod or paranoidAndroid working on the tablet. I´ll be happy if could test your builds !

Regards
                          P Gac

Comment

Building A Custom

How would one go about building a custom recovery/rom? Any tutorials out there? Could somebody suggest a direction for me to go in? I've got nothing but time on my hands and I'm really bored sitting at home. I'd be grateful, and thank you very much in advance

*EDIT*
                            I'm not trying to make light of it, like anyone could do it. I know doing it would be difficult. It's just something that I've wanted to learn for a while, I frequent forums such as this often for new devices, and I'd love to not feel useless and like a complete leech.

Like: What would I need to be proficient in before I'd begin one?
                            Any required reading material to help me along?
                            Tutorials to check out?
                            And most importantly, what tools would I need to do this?

Things like that. If I missed anything, by all means fill me in please.
                            And again, thank you so much for any and all information that anybody could provide me with, or point me in the general direction of.

Comment

Originally posted by Regitrooster View Post
                              How would one go about building a custom recovery/rom? Any tutorials out there? Could somebody suggest a direction for me to go in? I've got nothing but time on my hands and I'm really bored sitting at home. I'd be grateful, and thank you very much in advance

*EDIT*
                              I'm not trying to make light of it, like anyone could do it. I know doing it would be difficult. It's just something that I've wanted to learn for a while, I frequent forums such as this often for new devices, and I'd love to not feel useless and like a complete leech.

Like: What would I need to be proficient in before I'd begin one?
                              Any required reading material to help me along?
                              Tutorials to check out?
                              And most importantly, what tools would I need to do this?

Things like that. If I missed anything, by all means fill me in please.
                              And again, thank you so much for any and all information that anybody could provide me with, or point me in the general direction of.

I'd say check out the plethora of info on how to build custom ROMs from src and I would also brush up on Linux skills and compilers such as GCC and arch's such as ARM . other then that just explore how to compile a kernel on a regular arch like x86(i386 for you old guys like me)and x86_64 first get the feel of how it works during a build etc, using the android SDK is also something to learn as well . if I've missed anything feel free to add on or correct me, I've only been building ROMs for a few months now and only for my nexus 4 but have been building LFS distros for sometime now based on Debian

Comment

Newer Next7P12-8G...

So I got four NextBook7P12-8G, during the November/December 2012 sale ($79), 3 of them died with NAND corruption (were returned via RMA and got new ones), the forth died of a WIFI (COM1 port failure), got it's RMA...
                                So this model is a August 2013 model, it has almost the same specs but the build changed...
                                1) The 25 Free books and the App to read them are removed.
                                2) Their is now a GSENSOR.APK/ODEX and an libgsensor.so in the lib that allows one to calibrate the G-Sensor in the settings-display.
                                I got it rooted with the Impactor method, and added the free books and the app back (I can post a ZIP with instructions if one wants it), but I am now trying to backport the G-Sensor Calibration App to the other NEXT7P12-8G and my NEXT8P12-4G.

Just wanted other to know there is a newer image for the NEXT7P12-8G...

Comment

Working...
                                X